Wong gone

Advertisement
lol I mean't we wouldn't have gotten this far this year without Wong
No. I got you now. I responded in another post. When you said, this season I thought you meant this upcoming season. Like when a season ends, I immediately look at it as "last season." LOL.

Advertisement
Still don't think he's an NBA player, also don't think he'll ever get a better chance at it. Hopefully he sticks.

If anyone needed to stick around for one more year it was Wong. He’s developed and improved every year that he’s been at Miami. At times this year, he disappeared but when he flashed, he was special. To be honest, when they announced that he was the ACC POY, I was kind of surprised and didn’t see that coming. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the young man and feel he was deserving of the honor but it wasn’t something I was expecting.

I just think that if he had stuck around for one more year, he had a real shot at leading this squad to another deep run at a national title and he could have worked on his game to become a more consistent player and I think he would have been a NCAA POY candidate. All of those things could have helped his draft stock immensely if he chose to stick around for 1 more year with coach L.

On the flip side, he also could have gotten hurt and spoiled his chances of getting paid so I completely understand why he has decided to go pro and I wish him the best!

It was a fun ride and he will go down as one of the all time greats at The U!

Last edited:
Advertisement
If anyone needed to stick around for one more year it was Wong. He’s developed and improved every year that he’s been at Miami. At times this year, he disappeared but when he flashed, he was special. To be honest, when they announced that he was the ACC POY, I was kind of surprised and didn’t see that coming. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the young man and feel he was deserving of the honor but it wasn’t something I was expecting.

I just think that if he had stuck around for one more year, he had a real shot at leading this squad to another deep run at a national title and he could have worked on his game to become a more consistent player and I think he would have been a NCAA POY candidate. All of those things could have helped his draft stock immensely if he chose to stick around for 1 more year with coach L.

On the flip side, he also could have gotten hurt and spoiled his chances of getting paid so I completely understand why he has decided to go pro and I wish him the best!

It was a fun ride and he will go down as one of the all time greats at The U!
Good post and analysis, thx

Advertisement
His bad moments were really bad. His good moments way out weighed his bad moments, and they were really. Good. It was just so frustrating when he would dissappear in a game.
Other than NBA All-Stars (and even some of them do), name a player -- college or pro -- who doesn't "disappear" or have "bad moments" within a game, or over the course of games. Miller did, Pack certainly did, Moore, McGusty, Davon whomever.

Knick fans are killing RJ Barrett and Randle for that all the time. Anyone who has ever played basketball at whatever modest level, knows no one is "on" all the time. Players aren't robots. And, there's another team out on the court playing you hard, with talented defenders of their own.

Last edited:
Other than NBA All-Stars (and even some of them do), name a player -- college or pro -- who doesn't "disappear" opr have "bad moments" within a game, or over the course of games. Miller did, Pack certainly did, Moore, McGusty, Davon whomever.

Knick fans are killing RJ Barrett and Randle for that all the time. Anyone who has ever played basketball at whatever modest level, knows no one is "on" all the time. Players aren't robots. And, there's another team out on the court playing you hard, with talented defenders of their own.

Other than NBA All-Stars (and even some of them do), name a player -- college or pro -- who doesn't "disappear" opr have "bad moments" within a game, or over the course of games. Miller did, Pack certainly did, Moore, McGusty, Davon whomever.

It is a matter of how often. His dissappearing games were more often than you see from top tier D1 players, especially an ACC player of the year. But he will be missed and is a Canes legend. Helped our program out immensely.

It is a matter of how often. His dissappearing games were more often than you see from top tier D1 players, especially an ACC player of the year. But he will be missed and is a Canes legend. Helped our program out immensely.
We'll just have to disagree. Wong made the right choice to leave now as he wasn't gonna top the POY award, the ACC championship (reg season), and a Final Four run. Only one way to go from those heights.

Advertisement
Other than NBA All-Stars (and even some of them do), name a player -- college or pro -- who doesn't "disappear" or have "bad moments" within a game, or over the course of games. Miller did, Pack certainly did, Moore, McGusty, Davon whomever.

Randle and Barrett are making up for in the playoffs! 😉😱

We'll just have to disagree. Wong made the right choice to leave now as he wasn't gonna top the POY award, the ACC championship (reg season), and a Final Four run. Only one way to go from those heights.
Would have been nice to see him stay 1 more year for some NIL and a chance at a championship, oh well, appreciate his huge contribution. Regarding him disappearing from time to time, while I hated that as much as the next guy, I think it might be fair to mention he was often double-teamed or they switched best defenders to him, and it surely had some adverse effect on him while freeing up Pack, Omier, and Miller and others. They picked up the slack more often than not with the expanded freedom that resulted...That seems to be a plus.

Advertisement
Back