Women's Basketball Portal & Recruiting Mega-Thread -2023 offseason

Posting strictly for basketball purposes.

1682305311811.gif

Advertisement
Yeah I didn’t know they lost Pendande until recently. She’s a big loss.

I believe we lost 7 players, not all contributors, but some big shoes to fill between Haley, Destiny, and Lola.
Lost a lot of dead weight. Salgues comes to mind as a complete disappointment, Erjavec was one dimensional.

Haley, Destiny and Lola are the big losses. That said, Lattimore coming back healthy will be huge, same with Oldacre and Spearman gaining a summer of strength and maturity. The bigs will be alright, and the backcourt should be deep, and unlike in previous years, Miami may be able to shoot the rock from deep.

The big difference between the men's and women's game, which makes it a little easier for Katie is that thanks to no one leaving early to go pro, elite programs don't have as many vacancies, so good, but not elite players filter down. Yes, you have a Van Lith come out every once in a while, but it's rare for those kind of players to transfer on the women's side. Miami is cleaning up well, Katie will have another **** good roster to work with again.

Yeah I didn’t know they lost Pendande until recently. She’s a big loss.

I believe we lost 7 players, not all contributors, but some big shoes to fill between Haley, Destiny, and Lola.
Lola did 4 in 4. She should get a covid year unless she is declaring.

It makes total sense.

Natural law is derived from our nature. Perversion is a divergence from that. In the absence of visually enjoyable athletic prominence (women's sports) the wider viewing audience will desire some other form of visual enjoyment to view it. That does not make anyone perverted for tuning in because a team landed a couple social media hotties who also have athletic talent.

I could give countless examples of this being true. Women's tennis is filled with them.

Advertisement
How many ladies do we need to replace? I know the twins, Harden, and Erjavec all were seniors.

And they've picked up a top 50 recruit and 2 from the portal so far?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LSU adds Aneesah Morrow & Hailey Van Lith through the portal, SMH, the rich get filthy rich.

In no way, shape or form am I disappointed in the players Miami acquired out of the transfer portal. They are going to help Miami contend for both ACC championships along with probably getting to the Elite 8 again.
Morrow probably puts them into the Final 4 if she could duplicate her performance at DePaul at Miami. Hypothetically.
Morrow is very talented and she put up some very impressive numbers at DePaul, but they were 16-17.
So with all transfers, as you examine the fit, you have to ask yourself how good is the players and will they fit in what you do.
I had the same feeling about Nigel Pack last season on the Mens side even though Morrow's numbers are way better on the women's side this year.
But again, what they have combined with what they are adding is very impressive.

Advertisement
Back