Women's Basketball Portal & Recruiting Mega-Thread -2023 offseason

Advertisement
If Oldacre and Spearman can continue to develop, with the guards already on the roster, Miami will be fine going forward. I'd love for Katie to get her hands on a high end transfer, but it seems as if the big names in the portal are set on creating super teams.

Advertisement
Need to bring in at least 1 three point shooter and maybe 2. They lost 7 players and as far as Ive seen they replaced 2 so far. Anybody know if they have any high school recruits signed ? I didn’t see anyone in the top 100 signed with Miami.

Need to bring in at least 1 three point shooter and maybe 2. They lost 7 players and as far as Ive seen they replaced 2 so far. Anybody know if they have any high school recruits signed ? I didn’t see anyone in the top 100 signed with Miami.
You would think or hope that the results this year translates to some high school recruiting push......lets see.

Advertisement
Now that the Cavender twins are gone, is it still appropriate to be starting threads about chick hoops???

Advertisement
Absolutely, the twins only brought out the perverts.
This proves I care about the women's basketball program and that I am not in that group.
Just saying.

I dont share your opinion that the Cavinder twins only brought out the perverts. They brought legitimate attention to the women's hoops program. I consider myself among that crowd. I watched two full women's basketball games this season because of Haley Cavinder. The first time I've ever watched a chick hoops game in my life.

I have a theory that women's sports are only marketable to the wider male audience if the women are attractive. There's a reason why the WNBA has no marketability. College chick hoops isnt far behind. The Cavinder gals made UM chick hoops watchable. Now that they're gone, Im not so sure it is. This does not make anyone a pervert. Its just a component of natural law.

I dont share your opinion that the Cavinder twins only brought out the perverts. They brought legitimate attention to the women's hoops program. I consider myself among that crowd. I watched two full women's basketball games this season because of Haley Cavinder. The first time I've ever watched a chick hoops game in my life.

I have a theory that women's sports are only marketable to the wider male audience if the women are attractive. There's a reason why the WNBA has no marketability. College chick hoops isnt far behind. The Cavinder gals made UM chick hoops watchable. Now that they're gone, Im not so sure it is. This does not make anyone a pervert. Its just a component of natural law.

A hit dog will holler!

Advertisement

To be fair, Hylton got nothing on the Cavender twins! She good looking AF!

100% agree with you tho, woman’s skills in the 4 big North American sports is so far from the men, it’s unwatchable. Woman’s basketball is legit mid HS level. If you watch the highlights of the N1 pick of the WNBA from South Carolina, it’s just a bunch of lay ups. A kid with theses highlights don’t even get offered a D1 scholly…

The best woman’s hockey teams in the world get wrecked by 16 years old male.

I came for the Cavinders (not in a perv way). I stayed for Destiny Harden and the rest of the program.

I can't say I will watch too often, but consider me a bandwagon Miami women's hoop fan now. Which is a big upgrade from crickets.

To be fair, Hylton got nothing on the Cavender twins! She good looking AF!

100% agree with you tho, woman’s skills in the 4 big North American sports is so far from the men, it’s unwatchable. Woman’s basketball is legit mid HS level. If you watch the highlights of the N1 pick of the WNBA from South Carolina, it’s just a bunch of lay ups. A kid with theses highlights don’t even get offered a D1 scholly…

The best woman’s hockey teams in the world get wrecked by 16 years old male.

A guy that I played with at Fresno State went on to become an assistant coach on the USWMNT back in 2008 - 2010.ish. The team that won the Olympics and World Cup. This was the team that's considered the greatest women's soccer team of all time (Mia Hamm, Brandi Chastain, et al). He used to tell me they would scrimmage against the US Boys 14U national squad and draw even with them. A couple times they scrimmaged the Boys 16U squad and got handled. Once boys finish going through puberty, adult women cannot compete.

I came for the Cavinders (not in a perv way). I stayed for Destiny Harden and the rest of the program.

I can't say I will watch too often, but consider me a bandwagon Miami women's hoop fan now. Which is a big upgrade from crickets.

From what I saw, Haley Cavinder was the straw that stirred the drink on the 2023 Canes chick hoops team. I dont know how they replace her. She had such a unique skillset. Sadly, I fully expect the women's team to go back to being a middle of the pack team next season. We'll see how long you stay on the bandwagon. lol

Advertisement
Back