Women's Basketball Portal & Recruiting Mega-Thread -2023 offseason

From what I saw, Haley Cavinder was the straw that stirred the drink on the 2023 Canes chick hoops team. I dont know how they replace her. She had such a unique skillset. Sadly, I fully expect the women's team to go back to being a middle of the pack team next season. We'll see how long you stay on the bandwagon. lol

Haha, how good are the portal girls they have coming in?

Advertisement
Haha, how good are the portal girls they have coming in?

I didnt post that in a comedic way. The few games I watched, Haley Cavinder was all over the court. She led the team in scoring, second in rebounds, and second in assists. She was always where she needed to be right when she needed to be there. Again, I dont know how they replace that. She was the steal of the portal last season. Conference player of the year and had a better free throw percentage than Steph Curry in 2022.

Again, she was the straw that stirred the drink for the lady Canes.

Last edited:
From what I saw, Haley Cavinder was the straw that stirred the drink on the 2023 Canes chick hoops team. I dont know how they replace her. She had such a unique skillset. Sadly, I fully expect the women's team to go back to being a middle of the pack team next season. We'll see how long you stay on the bandwagon. lol
Actually, it was Destiny Harden, when she was healthy. She was the one that could get hers whenever due to her body type and athletic ability. Haley was great at what she did, but she lacked the physicality to get her points against physical defenses.

Actually, it was Destiny Harden, when she was healthy. She was the one that could get hers whenever due to her body type and athletic ability. Haley was great at what she did, but she lacked the physicality to get her points against physical defenses.

I agree that Destiny Harden was the go-to gal on that squad, but I maintain that the key element was Haley Cavinder. She brought so much energy and production. Gonna be tough to replace Haley's skillset.

Advertisement
Now we're talking!

Canes get commitment from Ally Stedman. Transfer from Pepperdine. This looks like a very nice pickup. :quagfinal:

She had some solid productivity at Pepperdine last season. Averaged 15.6 points a game. Looks like she has three to play two remaining.

I agree that Destiny Harden was the go-to gal on that squad, but I maintain that the key element was Haley Cavinder. She brought so much energy and production. Gonna be tough to replace Haley's skillset.
An undersized sniper that rebounds well isn’t nearly the irreplaceable talent you think it is. Roberts flashed in the tournament, she should take a huge step up. Miami just added a young lady from Pepperdine they should be able to give similar production as Haley, but with better size.

An undersized sniper that rebounds well isn’t nearly the irreplaceable talent you think it is. Roberts flashed in the tournament, she should take a huge step up. Miami just added a young lady from Pepperdine they should be able to give similar production as Haley, but with better size.
How many portal transfers have the Canes picked up-3 or 4? They also just received a commitment from a HS senior out of NH. They also have a 6'4" soph-Lattimore that was hurt early last year. The girl from Columbia is a good shooter at 5'10". Columbia made it to the WNIT and lost to Kansas. They defeated the Canes during the regular season. Meier is cashing in on her Elite Eight finish!

Advertisement

Yes, scroll up to posts #26 & #27. I just posted about the gal from Pepperdine.

Specifically, Post #27 shows that she should easily be able to fill the void left by Haley Cavinder. :beedog2:

The Canes also lost their starting center, the girl from Spain. She'll be missed.
Yeah I didn’t know they lost Pendande until recently. She’s a big loss.

I believe we lost 7 players, not all contributors, but some big shoes to fill between Haley, Destiny, and Lola.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Coach Meier or someone on her staff has some good connections with Canadian players.
They add another good player to the roster.
Back to Back Elite 8s is becoming highly likely with the talent on the team.

Last edited:
I dont share your opinion that the Cavinder twins only brought out the perverts.

I watched two full women's basketball games this season because of Haley Cavinder. The first time I've ever watched a chick hoops game in my life.

I have a theory that women's sports are only marketable to the wider male audience if the women are attractive.

There's a reason why the WNBA has no marketability. College chick hoops isnt far behind. The Cavinder gals made UM chick hoops watchable. Now that they're gone, Im not so sure it is. This does not make anyone a pervert. Its just a component of natural law.
🤔

Advertisement
Back