With Romeo Finley..

Advertisement
holding down the slot in a disruptive way (pick 6, TFL's, m2m ability, speed), what do we do with Bandy? Will he be best utilized as a Safety?

Speed, TFL (play)
Close on the flat (play)
Instincts, Speed, Interception (play)

Edit:
Atlanta, Rams, Cowboys, Browns... they all have successful safeties that are small and are former corners. The NFL likes taller corners right now. Our scheme is better suited for a long corner with press ability.

If square root of 9 is 3, then why is it winter in July in countries located in the southern hemisphere?

Advertisement
holding down the slot in a disruptive way (pick 6, TFL's, m2m ability, speed), what do we do with Bandy? Will he be best utilized as a Safety?

Speed, TFL (play)
Close on the flat (play)

Edit:
Atlanta, Rams, Cowboys, Browns... they all have successful safeties that are small and are former corners. The NFL likes taller corners right now. Our scheme is better suited for a long corner with press ability.

1543692957350.gif

He would probably be our best safety... He would thrive in a role Ala the Honey Badger at LSU. He's a physical playmaker and with the additional freedom at Safety, he could spread his wings. The problem is, he's easily our best CB and I'm not sure we can be without him there.
You do know that the Honey Badger never played safety at LSU. They moved him around from the CB position

yes we have unproven safety play, but thats because they were playing behind 2 studs JJ and redwine.

Advertisement

Speed, TFL (play)
Close on the flat (play)

Edit:
Do you watch the games?

He’s the best **** Cornerback returning next year on the roster..and challenges any body in the nation..could he play safety..yea no doubt..but we have Hall/carter/blades(should make that move)

What do we do with Bandy?

Did you not watch these season? He started all year. We're gonna use him the same way we did all season. Season stupid *** post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LCB - Trajan Bandy/Gilbert Frierson

NCB - Al Blades Jr/ Tecory Couch

RCB - DJ Ivey/ Nigel Bethel Jr/ Jarvis Brownlee

Rover - Gurvan Hall/ Derrick Smith
SS - Amari Carter/ Keontra Smith

Striker - Romeo Finley

You leave Bandy at Corner, you can move him inside to the slot when we're in Nickel & have the other two Corners get the outside, but otherwise he stays at CB. Could he play Safety? Of course, he's that skilled & that versatile, he did at Columbus but there's no reason to move him when he's our best pure cover corner we have.

The DB that should get a few reps at Safety in the Spring is Gilbert Frierson. His Ballhawk ability, long armed athletic frame & his footwork lend him to be a very good future Safety prospect, it's what he played mostly in HS at Gables & what he is naturally. He's also good enough to play CB as well, so if it didn't work out at S he could easily move back.

The competition at Corner will be one of the best things to look forward to in 2019 for Spring/Fall camp. I could see Al Jr, Ivey & Frierson all stepping up & getting starter snaps in rotation. I even think Brownlee is good enough to play some as a TF backup, but I doubt he'll play much aside from ST's considering they usually defer to the upperclassmen.

I don't think Blades Jr is a natural Nickel Corner, but between him & Ivey if I had to guess I would go with him at that spot based on he's the one that's played the most this season of the 3. Also have to keep in mind the staff probably wants to bring in Dontye Carriere-Williams, so if we did land him he would basically play the same role that Delaney/Dean have played.

Speed, TFL (play)
Close on the flat (play)

Edit:

Step away from the bottle.

Advertisement
Back