Winter workouts?

I'm a strength coach and visited the facility. Got to talk training with Swasey for about 20-30 mins.

I honestly enjoyed the experience but got nothing from him. He said their lifts and runs were all the same.

I specifically asked about it and he said he wanted all the guys to be athletes so they trained the same.
[MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION]

Advertisement
I'm a strength coach and visited the facility. Got to talk training with Swasey for about 20-30 mins.

I honestly enjoyed the experience but got nothing from him. He said their lifts and runs were all the same.

I specifically asked about it and he said he wanted all the guys to be athletes so they trained the same.

I have a friend on the team who says new S&C coaches are implementing great new workouts that are finally position specific workouts, as opposed to having everyone do the same thing regardless of position group. Says he wore up sore af

This is pretty accurate - a graduating senior who is still taking part in workouts mentioned something similar to me. Workouts are much more "acute" based on your position, or expected position, and guys are coming out of workouts "beat up". Says the DLine came out "f*ckin amped" because they were doing some "twitch" workouts to help their quickness and burst off the line.

FAP

That is what i was worried about.. not focusing on core strength.. that's what was lacking.. Fast twitch muscles are bread and butter and should in the top priorities list.. I can speak from experience lol.

And people said Swasey was the goods LOL. Gonna be and epic offseason here

Advertisement
It's mind boggling how atrocious the last staff was. How the f do you have linemen doing the same workouts as db's and wr's?

I have a friend on the team who says new S&C coaches are implementing great new workouts that are finally position specific workouts, as opposed to having everyone do the same thing regardless of position group. Says he wore up sore af

This is pretty accurate - a graduating senior who is still taking part in workouts mentioned something similar to me. Workouts are much more "acute" based on your position, or expected position, and guys are coming out of workouts "beat up". Says the DLine came out "f*ckin amped" because they were doing some "twitch" workouts to help their quickness and burst off the line.

Shocking....

it's shocking if it's true that golden and swasey had all positions doing the same lift. Good to see berrios and norton had the same kind of training smh

That explains why OL men were running through the **** gauntlet designed to help running backs not fumble

This was code for : I am not formally trained in this field and don't know what the fvck I'm doing so everybody do the same thing.

Advertisement

Just when you thought it was nothing else to be revealed that showed how much of an idiot that Golden was comes this. Given new training regimens, development, coaching, scheming, game prep and in game adjustment, we should go undefeated! Ok I know we won't but, the improvements should be so significant that it should overwhelm or opponents used to Al's incompetence.

Advertisement

Smdh

TIMES 2!!!...and I actually defended Swasey.

The level of incompetence is incredible.... :Y-u-no:

Advertisement
Expect to see some huge gains across the board now that we have a real strength and conditioning program.

This is exactly how dynastic programs can go through long stretches of irrelevance.

The competent people leave piece by piece and get replaced by people in over their heads.

I'm really excited. even tho its only workouts, they are finally under a new staff. its the beginning.

Advertisement
Back