Winter workouts?

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
anyone hear anything? I'm hoping they put a canes all access out on it. I'm excited because its a new regime and interested to see the changes they made.

Advertisement
I have a friend on the team who says new S&C coaches are implementing great new workouts that are finally position specific workouts, as opposed to having everyone do the same thing regardless of position group. Says he wore up sore af

Advertisement
I have a friend on the team who says new S&C coaches are implementing great new workouts that are finally position specific workouts, as opposed to having everyone do the same thing regardless of position group. Says he wore up sore af

This is pretty accurate - a graduating senior who is still taking part in workouts mentioned something similar to me. Workouts are much more "acute" based on your position, or expected position, and guys are coming out of workouts "beat up". Says the DLine came out "f*ckin amped" because they were doing some "twitch" workouts to help their quickness and burst off the line.

This is pretty accurate - a graduating senior who is still taking part in workouts mentioned something similar to me. Workouts are much more "acute" based on your position, or expected position, and guys are coming out of workouts "beat up". Says the DLine came out "f*ckin amped" because they were doing some "twitch" workouts to help their quickness and burst off the line.

Shocking....

Shocking....

it's shocking if it's true that golden and swasey had all positions doing the same lift. Good to see berrios and norton had the same kind of training smh

Advertisement
Another funny comment that my friend made was that the o lineman specifically had to do endless amount of sit ups and crunches. Says his stomach was already starting to feel more firm lol. Guess Richt and strength coaches agreed with most on here that our olineman were too **** pudgy and lacked strength

day 1 was a a lot of body weight type stuff. They only used dumbbells for shrugs. thats about all i know.

I don't believe Golden had the whole team doing the same workout. That doesn't even happen in high school. **** Lifetime Fitness even gives you a specific workout.

Advertisement
Sounds like they are trying to get everyone slimmed down from the porky pie Golden days before building them up in appropriate fashion.

Whatever. Just ******* win.

I'm a strength coach and visited the facility. Got to talk training with Swasey for about 20-30 mins.

I honestly enjoyed the experience but got nothing from him. He said their lifts and runs were all the same.

I specifically asked about it and he said he wanted all the guys to be athletes so they trained the same.

I'm a strength coach and visited the facility. Got to talk training with Swasey for about 20-30 mins.

I honestly enjoyed the experience but got nothing from him. He said their lifts and runs were all the same.

I specifically asked about it and he said he wanted all the guys to be athletes so they trained the same.

Smdh

Advertisement
I don't believe Golden had the whole team doing the same workout. That doesn't even happen in high school. **** Lifetime Fitness even gives you a specific workout.

You really don't believe it? I don't put anything past fat Al and his flunkies.

Sounds like they are trying to get everyone slimmed down from the porky pie Golden days before building them up in appropriate fashion.

Whatever. Just ****ing win.

by the time the season comes around,, there bodies will be more than fully adjusted.

Another funny comment that my friend made was that the o lineman specifically had to do endless amount of sit ups and crunches. Says his stomach was already starting to feel more firm lol. Guess Richt and strength coaches agreed with most on here that our olineman were too **** pudgy and lacked strength

I don't think they're necessarily doing it for weight loss. Core strength is super important! Especially in those trenches. Your core and your back are opposite muscle groups but they work hand and hand and have huge effects on each other. Also notice that no matter what workout your doing tightening your core muscles is always recommend.

Advertisement
Back