Winners keep score at TNM......

How? How is any of this a clear contrast from Randy Shannon's accountability? From Al Golden's U Tough? Mark Richt's training table?

Have we forgotten about Kyle Bellamy changing the diet of our players? This little gem from 2012:

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2012/3/...ugh-program-whats-been-missing-under-previous

Randy Shannon and his new rules:

Yep. This is no different than most regime changes. Most of us praised the new culture changes at Miami with the prior 3 regimes. Nothing new here. Hopefullly, though, this one just “feels” different.

Advertisement
Also my last 7 months of Med School so I hope not too long. But yes, definitely excited and can't wait to see our new team on the field. Aug. 31st is 13 days before my last day of school. Can't get here soon enough.
4th year of med school was the best. Enjoy it.

So Manny has turned EVERYTHING into a competition !!!! I know you guys heard awhile back when Manny said he was going to be selecting “Team Leaders” and they would each have a group of players they would be responsible for. Well that’s alive and well & they are competing & keeping score on literally everything. Leader boards & rankings are posted and the competition is legit. Things getting scored:
  • Workouts
  • Training Table
  • Study Hall
  • Tardiness
  • Meetings
  • Effort
  • Attendance
.....just to name a few.

THE PLAYERS LOVE THE NEW STAFF !!!!!!

The energy in the building is COMPLETELY different & Manny hit a HR with the S&C coach. The players love this dude. He will stay ALLLLLLL **** DAY if players want to get in a personal workout session with him after group sessions. TNM isn’t just a hashtag, it’s legit different in **** near every way. Speaking of S&C the weight room is getting a facelift as we speak.

The joke on Richt that I have seen many people mention is he was called “the Energy Vampire” notnsure excatly what he does or doesn’t do but Georgia fans always said it also. Dude sucked the life out of the program.

Advertisement
One of the things I always liked about Pete Carroll's coaching was that he emphasized competition. I like what I am hearing about Manny but I want to see how its executed.

My prior post about this doesn't take away from the confidence I have in Diaz. It's just.... I guess if you want me to be excited, tell me nobody is saying a word. That everybody is militant about their jobs. Coaches and players. That'd excite me because it's a clear contrast from the typical talking points that circulate every time there's a new staff.
This ain’t the Green Berets preparing for a life and death mission. It’s college football, and it should be fun. Hard work plus fun. You guys want to create this 1950s Junction Boys ****, and that doesn’t work. Dabo has made an art form of that model at Clemson.

Diaz is doing it right if he’s engineering hardcore competition, unity between the offense and defense, and a fun and lively environment.

I wasn’t in support of the Manny hire but the guy has done everything right so far to set us on a course for success BUT....this is EXACTLY what happens whenever a team changes staffs.
Its what was said when Randy got hired.He was the home grown guy who would be able to keep all the S.Fla. studs home.
AL was doing everything right when he was hired.He was going to get all the S.Fla coaches Randy had ****ed off back on our side and all the S. Fla. coaches would want their kids at the U now.
Richt,well Richt was going to save the program and got us the IPF and he was successful in the SEC so it was a given we were headed to the playoffs because now he would be able to get ALL the S.Fla. talent to stay home.

None of these hires ended up the way most all of us thought it would.They all went from Saviours to Shtty rather quickly.

Manny seems to be doing everything right.Theres a feel and buzz around the program that hasn’t been there since the turn of the century.Im coming around to believing in Manny cause if nothing else the guy seems to want to bring back the SWAG to the program that none of the aforementioned guys would allow.He WANTS us to be the Miami of old.

But when it comes down to it the only thing that matters is W’s.Something the last 3 guys couldn’t produce on a consistent level good enough for the U and it’s fans.

I’m hoping Manny is our new Howard or Jimmy.Im back to having one foot back to the side of thinking Manny WAS the right guy for the job and his hiring wasn’t just the usual lazy,cheap hire the Miami administration normally makes.Ill move completely over to the other side once the hype turns to wins.

Advertisement
Some of the feedback I’ve gotten is the players “like” him more in part because they trust the workout philosophy he has in place more. I’m sure you’ve heard more but I’ve been told it’s shifted from the “drill sargeant” environment to much more education, emphasis on biomechanics and newer age philosophies. Also less cookie cutter.

this here is key, players WANT to be helped and improved - and they know who can help them attain their goals

Competition is a great thing amongst teammates. It wouldn't surprise me if Manny has pick Rumph's brain or reached out to former players for certain ideas
Hopefully he's following some of the things Pete Carroll did at USC. I think those Miami Championship teams made it a competition out on Greentree, but Carroll actually made it a part of the plan. It was all about competition in every way from a coaches perspective.

And the teams (groupings) consist of offensive & defensive players mixed together. I’m sure this will help tons in the locker room.

Considering some of manny’s postseason quotes (His D being legit and the O not), these types of meetings are a great, cohesive move by him.

Advertisement
Can some of you just shut up and simply be excited when an insider tells you our team is totally revitalized from this coaching change? Or do you always have to find something to complain about, no matter what the news is?
Welcome to CIS, where They always have to find something to complain about, no matter what the news is.

Was thinking we could turn them over to FSU for their turnover purse after the game?

Advertisement
I appreciate all of Diaz's efforts, but Imo leadership should not have to be assigned, it should come naturally from the players. no one assigned anything to Reed, or greats of the 80's. They were just naturally leaders. I'm just sayin

Brilliant comment. Reed was assigned a captain of the team.

The contrast would be we wouldn't hear about what cliche quote they put on the wall or, don't rise to the occasion, but fall back on your training. The contrast would be that unlike before, Miami is done talking and is gonna prove it on the field.

That's unrealistic to even imagine, I'm just illustrating how little these changes and nuances matter to me until the product matches the sales pitch.

We all get it...you are an *******.

Advertisement
Back