Win toss. Defer or receive?

Advertisement
I usually am a differ type of guy but it would be kind of cool to put the pedal to the metal and score first.
Maybe even put a lot of pressure on them by pulling out a good 2 point conversion play.
Them having to think about keeping up with scoring 8 each drive might ratchet up the tension.
I remember Oregon and Boise doing things like that in the past.

We absolutely need to go for 2 if we walk it down the field and score first. Let the nuts hang out on Saturday night. I want trick plays, 2 pt conversions, going for it on 4th, leaving Blades on an island against Larson, and everything else you can think of. We’re gonna need to walk in there like we’re the better team and play like it.

I remember a time in football, both college and pro, when you almost always elected to receive. I feel like JJ started the whole deferring trend.

Usually I prefer to defer, but in this instance I say we take the ball and try to get the early lead to establish ourselves in this game.

Advertisement
Receive. First play have King quick kick & flip the field on them. They won't know what hit them. Mind games.
ScarceVainGoitered-max-1mb.gif

200.gif

Defer, you dont know what the situation will be at the end of the 1st half. If ur dwn by multiple scores you still are fine if u defer.

Advertisement
Take the fight to them. Only way we gonna have a shot. You look around the last decade of games we should have won on paper and lost was teams were rabid to play us and punch us in the mouth. You gotta do that to Clemson.

Advertisement
I defer. Give us the ball in the 2nd half after making adjustments. Have to trust your Defense to make plays.

Advertisement
A Jimmy Johnson defense would be getting smoked by the uptempo spread. That era of football is dead and good defenses don’t hold teams to 10 anymore

Johnson's defense effectively single-handedly killed the option in college football. I seriously, seriously doubt fast LB's and a dominant DL would get "smoked" by a spread offense.

Always defer so you can try to get the double dip in and out of the half. The middle eight as another poster mentioned.

Advertisement
Back