Win toss. Defer or receive?

Advertisement
I always think you defer, we’ll almost.
So what would you do in this game against Clemson. I actually might consider taking the ball and trying to send a message.
I was gonna make a post and ask that.
Same wavelength. I would normally defer.
Not Saturday night.

I remember JJ used to defer, dare the opponents to score. What the D did to opposing QBs, the tone was set. Total domination.

Advertisement
I always think you defer, we’ll almost.
So what would you do in this game against Clemson. I actually might consider taking the ball and trying to send a message.
Normally defer but v Clemson, take the ball. Our offense playing better than defense for now. Getting an early lead would be key vs potentially falling behind early which could be psychologically damaging.

Usually, defer.

In this game, I would try to set the tone right from the get go. Put their offense under pressure to score right away. It might also take some pressure off of the defense.

Advertisement
Take the ball.

If we defer and Clemson scores on their opening drive, then we risk being shellshocked.

Send a message by marching down the field, getting points, and giving our team confidence.

At worst, we probably get a couple first downs and punt from around midfield. Hedley could pin them back and we make them earn every yard.

Normally defer but v Clemson, take the ball. Our offense playing better than defense for now. Getting an early lead would be key vs potentially falling behind early which could be psychologically damaging.
This^^^
Hopefully Diaz has used the off week productively unlike last year. The 2019 team quit plenty of times.

OR...

defer. Clemson marches for first drive score.

King and Canes Court march right back fkr a TD and look at the sidelines, "... we ain't scared of you *****... "

Advertisement
That's a no brainer as you need to take the ball and score first. Clemson is going to score plenty of points on our defense so we need to score and score again.

Advertisement
Bye weeks are ****.
8 days without a game and we have coin toss threads
But will it make it to two pages before it becomes “I’ll know everything I need to know about this team based on the coin toss...”?

If Manny doesn’t give Clemson the ball to start both halves, this isn’t the anyone, anytime, anywhere Miami Hurricanes!

Give us the ball first. We need long sustained drives to keep their offense off the field as much as possible.
I usually am a differ type of guy but it would be kind of cool to put the pedal to the metal and score first.
Maybe even put a lot of pressure on them by pulling out a good 2 point conversion play.
Them having to think about keeping up with scoring 8 each drive might ratchet up the tension.
I remember Oregon and Boise doing things like that in the past.

Advertisement
Back