Win Out.

Not necessarily true. I think that IF we win out (big if), the staff and admin will look at the UVA and BC games and see what huge missed opportunities each were to have a special season.

In talking to people close to the program who know far more about it than I do, I'm hearing that the program knows that changes need to be/will be made this offseason, which gives me hope. Sure, it's a big assumption that those things happen, but I guess it's the optimist in me saying that 1) we'll have a true OC in place in 2019, and 2) nothing that happens between now and then will change that.

Which is why I'm rooting for them winning out.
Its reasonable to believe though, that should we win out and look good doing so, that MR fools enough people. He wont fool me, but he may fool those in charge. I hope youre right about a change regardless.

Advertisement
Yes
Will they - doubt it. Things are so upside down, and chaotic, that the chemistry and cohesion, needed to win out, likely aren't there. I hope I'm proven wrong - for recruitings sake.

What do you mean for recruiting sake? Going 9-3 and missing the ACCCG isnt getting us a top 10 class at this point. It does absolutely nothing for us except prolong Rick’s tenure.

Again the same old low IQ folks want to give a coach who has 18 years of data “time to change”.

He was fired from UGA for a reason. We are 5-3 and unranked in his third year, with a PATHETIC recruiting class.

What in the **** do you want to give him more time for?

Here's what I don't get: what's with the insults? One group wants the admin to move on from this staff; another wants this staff to lead the program to success. Both groups see the problem, and both groups want to see a solution. Why's it gotta get so hostile either way?

What do you mean for recruiting sake? Going 9-3 and missing the ACCCG isnt getting us a top 10 class at this point. It does absolutely nothing for us except prolong Rick’s tenure.

Going 9-3 and getting a 10th win in the bowl game would be great for recruiting, in my opinion. Fair if you want to disagree on that, but I think the momentum would carry into signing day, and would help even more with the 2020 class.

Advertisement
Here's what I don't get: what's with the insults? One group wants the admin to move on from this staff; another wants this staff to lead the program to success. Both groups see the problem, and both groups want to see a solution. Why's it gotta get so hostile either way?

Bc you are conflating wanting the staff to have success with wanting the program to be successful.

Let me make it clear: this coach and staff are never ever winning a title here. So the longer they stay, the longer we wait for our return.

I want the program to do well, I dont care about Mark Richt and his band of followers. And as long as they are here, we will not be able to be where I want to be as a program.

Do you understand?

Respectfully disagree with you on this point. Maybe I'm being overly-optimistic (and I've been accused of being so), but I truly believe that Richt wants what's best for the program, and will make the changes necessary to get the offensive side to meet the defensive production.

It's frustrating that it seems to be a year too late, but he won't lose me unless he decides he's keeping the reigns for himself in 2019. If that's the case, then it becomes time to move on from this staff.

Respectfully disagree with you.

If Richt really - REALLY wanted what's best for the program - he wouldn't have made a few of the hires he's made - and we'd already see some changes made.

We haven't.

Same crap, different week/month/year.

Lose a few more games, get embarrassed in a bowl, and they'll see some kids bail and go to another program and not close on others. Richt isn't going anywhere, so they need to salvage what they can.

So u want us to lose out in order for us to get urban or saban?

Advertisement
Btw, even if we win out the season is a failure.

No title. No playoffs. No ACC title. No Coastal title.

That’s a grade A failure in year three. The extra wins only serve to keep this loser coach here to continue his mediocrity.

Respectfully disagree with you.

If Richt really - REALLY wanted what's best for the program - he wouldn't have made a few of the hires he's made - and we'd already see some changes made.

We haven't.

Same crap, different week/month/year.

Fair enough. I think it's easier to make these calls looking in hindsight, and I'm of the opinion that in-season changes would be a disaster.

He has this offseason to fix things. If he doesn't, and just keeps rolling with what we're seeing now, then I'll be convinced it's time to move on.

Lose a few more games, get embarrassed in a bowl, and they'll see some kids bail and go to another program and not close on others. Richt isn't going anywhere, so they need to salvage what they can.

This staff has already lost those players. Have you seen the class? Its pathetic.

2. He makes some coaching changes and the offense is tweaked.
3. He hires an OC

I think we will see #2 before he goes to 3. If he goes with #1 then he is a river boat gambler.

Aren't numbers 2 and 3 the same on your list? What coaching changes can he make that will improve the offense without hiring an OC?

Advertisement
If there was even a chance to win out, we probably wouldn't be 5-3 and coming off back-to-back losses to programs that shouldn't be on our level.

The staph has already said they will keep doing what's not working and team morale is now worse than ever, with coaches blaming players for their own incompetence.

On what basis does this team win out?

And in the unlikely event we do, why does it matter? The season is lost already. Nothing that Miami should be aiming for can be achieved this season.

Advertisement
Bc you are conflating wanting the staff to have success with wanting the program to be successful.

Let me make it clear: this coach and staff are never ever winning a title here. So the longer they stay, the longer we wait for our return.

I want the program to do well, I dont care about Mark Richt and his band of followers. And as long as they are here, we will not be able to be where I want to be as a program.

Do you understand?

I understand the GIGANTIC risk you take in firing a coach midway through his third season when 1) last year he gave us our first 10-win season since 2003; 2) brought in a top 10 class last year; and 3) has a top 5 class in 2020.

To me, you run the risk of alienating any good potential replacement because anyone is going to want more than three years to mold the program. You also run the major risk of getting an Al Golden as your replacement and having to do the entire thing over again in 2025.

We all see the issues and we all want the program to do what's best. I'm not a blind Richt "follower." But the guy was an Aaron Murray completion away from winning the national championship in 2012 (UGA was beating ND that year), has had 10 double-digit win seasons since 2001, and we're coming off the worst period of coaching in the program's history. I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater yet, and I don't think that's an unjustifiable position at this juncture.

We can disagree, man. It's okay. It just doesn't need to get personal is all I'm saying.

This staff has already lost those players. Have you seen the class? Its pathetic.

Yeah - but I can't get on the Blow it up bus, and hope the powers that be get a coaching change right, after nearly two decades of garbage. I don't have the answers - but Richt will be the last change made - that's just reality. My hope is they'd force him out of a hands on play calling and OC role. My expectation that happens - are very low.

Advertisement
Back