Win Out.

Katzenboyer

Freshman
I know there's a ton of negativity on this board right now -- much of it deserved -- and many of you won't think it's possible.

But win the f*ck out.

I wrote on this thread earlier this season that the depth of our junior and senior classes just isn't there for us to compete with Top 10 programs this year. (Thread here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...cruiting-rankings-through-this-season.137034/). I believe this will be BY FAR the weakest team Richt will field during his Miami tenure (however long or short that will be), and that the younger depth coming up will get us closer to where we need to be.

I think last year (minus the final three games) showed us where we can be as a program. I think this year showed us what work remains before we get there (namely, matching our defensive aggressiveness on the offensive side of the football and upgrading the coaching staff to a level consistent with top 5 teams in the country). I think that good will come out of the lessons learned this year, and that the staff will make the changes necessary to get us back to dominating the Coastal and getting involved in the playoff picture.

But it starts with winning out. Get to 9-3, win the bowl game to finish with 10 wins, carry momentum into recruiting season, and come back with a fresh new look in 2019.

I'll be there cheering on the guys Saturday, as disappointed as I am. I hope the banners don't fly just yet -- we need to see if changes come at the end of the season before that should occur, and we need the kids to know the city's behind them.

Win out. Find a way.

Advertisement
Disagree with you on any impending staff shakeup. Don't see that happening. However, things looked bleak when we were sitting at 4-4 in 2016 and everyone had just about given up on Kaaya. Finished the season strong and carried the momentum over in a big way. Richt has a history of waiting too long to make the right decisions so I have a hunch we'll either see Perry on Saturday or we'll see some more wildcat stuff with DeeJay.

Disagree with you on any impending staff shakeup. Don't see that happening. However, things looked bleak when we were sitting at 4-4 in 2016 and everyone had just about given up on Kaaya. Finished the season strong and carried the momentum over in a big way. Richt has a history of waiting too long to make the right decisions so I have a hunch we'll either see Perry on Saturday or we'll see some more wildcat stuff with DeeJay.
And for the love of God, get the ******* ball to JT4.

We have the talent to win out. But you also need solid coaching to complement that talent. Praying we have finish like 2016.

Bounce back weekend. Backs do work. JT4 has a couple explosive plays. And the turnover chains spends more time around canes necks than in its case. Go Canes!

Advertisement
2016 sitting at 4-4 is a great reference. The end of that season really helped propel 2017. I'm absolutely hoping we finish the same way!

Disagree with you on any impending staff shakeup.

Respectfully disagree with you on this point. Maybe I'm being overly-optimistic (and I've been accused of being so), but I truly believe that Richt wants what's best for the program, and will make the changes necessary to get the offensive side to meet the defensive production.

It's frustrating that it seems to be a year too late, but he won't lose me unless he decides he's keeping the reigns for himself in 2019. If that's the case, then it becomes time to move on from this staff.

Sorry, but I'm not leaving anything to chance...especially when we're dealing with THE most inept administration in the country. If we go on a run here and beat a bunch of teams we should beat anyways, that could be enough for them to conclude to give it more time as is.

Sorry......but the best outcome for this program is for **** to go sideways on Richt from here on out. It's the only way any real pressure will be put on him.

Perry should take every snap going forward until our last 3 games and then sprinkle in Jarren for minimum 1 qtr if you want to keep that RS. The Rosier decision boggles my mind and I am giving Richt the benefit of doubt just bc we are limited with both from what we have seen from Perry but he is possibly the future so play him!

Advertisement
Sorry, but I'm not leaving anything to chance...especially when we're dealing with THE most inept administration in the country. If we go on a run here and beat a bunch of teams we should beat anyways, that could be enough for them to conclude to give it more time as is.

Sorry......but the best outcome for this program is for **** to go sideways on Richt from here on out. It's the only way any real pressure will be put on him.

I referenced in another thread that some people would rather be right than happy. This is a perfect example of that.

You root for the team to win out. Period.

I referenced in another thread that some people would rather be right than happy. This is a perfect example of that.

You root for the team to win out. Period.

I've referrenced in many threads that the Don Bailey Jr cheerleaders aren't very intelligent and should go root for another team. This is a perfect example of this.

You root for what's best for the program.. Period.

I've referrenced in many threads that the Don Bailey Jr cheerleaders aren't very intelligent and should go root for another team. This is a perfect example of this.

I get where you're coming from, JMC. I really do. But there is no way Richt gets fired this year, so I don't understand how us losing out is what's best for the program.

I get where you're coming from, JMC. I really do. But there is no way Richt gets fired this year, so I don't understand how us losing out is what's best for the program.

I know he won't get fired this year. We have the biggest collection of morons running our program that exist in any admin office in the country.

But here's what I also know...this type of thing happens in phases. Phase 1 is for things to go absolutely sideways....and THEN AND ONLY THEN will our clueless administration BEGIN to even consider moving in a new direction.

What must be done eventually, SHOULD be done immediately.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know there's a ton of negativity on this board right now -- much of it deserved -- and many of you won't think it's possible.

But win the f*ck out.

I wrote on this thread earlier this season that the depth of our junior and senior classes just isn't there for us to compete with Top 10 programs this year. (Thread here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...cruiting-rankings-through-this-season.137034/). I believe this will be BY FAR the weakest team Richt will field during his Miami tenure (however long or short that will be), and that the younger depth coming up will get us closer to where we need to be.

I think last year (minus the final three games) showed us where we can be as a program. I think this year showed us what work remains before we get there (namely, matching our defensive aggressiveness on the offensive side of the football and upgrading the coaching staff to a level consistent with top 5 teams in the country). I think that good will come out of the lessons learned this year, and that the staff will make the changes necessary to get us back to dominating the Coastal and getting involved in the playoff picture.

But it starts with winning out. Get to 9-3, win the bowl game to finish with 10 wins, carry momentum into recruiting season, and come back with a fresh new look in 2019.

I'll be there cheering on the guys Saturday, as disappointed as I am. I hope the banners don't fly just yet -- we need to see if changes come at the end of the season before that should occur, and we need the kids to know the city's behind them.

Win out. Find a way.
If nothing changes and we struggle to beat or lose to Duke, fly the banners.

Hope so. Don't think so.
Rekt ain't resigning or getting fired even if we go 0-fer, so buckle in anyways.
Hope he makes some changes. Don't think he will.

Let's go and I'll eat my mope *** words gladly

We had similar issues in 2016. We lost 4 in a row and were 4-4. We won out and ended up 9-4. I hope we win out and get to 10-3 post bowl game.

Advertisement

So I'm not very intelligent because...I want the team to win and have Richt be successful?

OK bud.

Advertisement
Back