Wimbush comment...

wacane

Sophomore
I listened to every one of our player interviews after the game. It was clear they used his comment about dominating us as motivation. I think every guy at some point brought up the disrespect in the media and and ND player comments. I believe shaq said something like.. "eventually you have to line up". I love that we just quietly sat there and used all of that as fuel. It had to feel so good to embarrass them on national TV like that. Such a great win

Advertisement
lets hope we continue to find some disrespect somewhere to motivate us

All that motivation stuff is usually just BS anyway. The Canes rolled ND not because our players were motivated by some disrespectful comments, they rolled ND because we were outright better than them. Many teams have come into a game with tons of motivation, only to get destroyed.

764A5202-F0A8-4163-AFB8-FC44BA66F4FA.jpg

Advertisement
Football is an emotional game ... all things being equal, an emotional trigger gives one the advantage. It really displays itself Defensively.

Kinda doubt we do as Clemson usually lets thier game do the talking . But I trust our guys.

You won't hear a peep from Clemson. They keep their kids locked down, won't get a single piece of bulletin board material.

Except them beating us 58-0 at home & the media feeding how they're perennial ACC champions and this is nothing new for them and blah blah blah. As long as the media keep disrespecting this team, it'll be worst for the opposition

Advertisement

All that motivation stuff is usually just BS anyway. The Canes rolled ND not because our players were motivated by some disrespectful comments, they rolled ND because we were outright better than them. Many teams have come into a game with tons of motivation, only to get destroyed.

its not BS michael jordan used any and every bit of extra motivation he could find to have that extra edge and play with a chip on his shoulder, you're crazy if you dont think all the media people calling miami frauds disrespect etc made them play with more emotion. look how the players responded on twitter to those insults. But yeah i agree with you miami was out right the better team

Kinda doubt we do as Clemson usually lets thier game do the talking . But I trust our guys.

You won't hear a peep from Clemson. They keep their kids locked down, won't get a single piece of bulletin board material.

Dahl does enough talking for his team.

[video=youtube_share;2hNGY6R-ibk]https://youtu.be/2hNGY6R-ibk[/video]

Link to post Game Clem vs UM 2015
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/university-miami/2015/10/24/hurricanes-suffer-worst-loss-ever/74543598/

.... “I know it isn’t far from outhouse to penthouse,” Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said.

Last edited:

Except them beating us 58-0 at home & the media feeding how they're perennial ACC champions and this is nothing new for them and blah blah blah. As long as the media keep disrespecting this team, it'll be worst for the opposition

I get your point but there is a ton of positive press about us now. We are THE team a lot of folks are falling in love with. We are THE story in college football right now. We need to back it up by rolling UVA and Pitt.

Advertisement
Members of the media will keep talking **** but...

Cant imagine another QB not named Baker Mayfield will run their mouth again

Wimbush was right, it was a more dominating effort...he was just wrong on the team doing the domination.

And although I doubt they would want to play us anytime soon, they get to stew on this until 2024. Hopefully Blake has a plan for a long sustainable run of dominance.

Advertisement
We were just faster from the start. Didn't hurt Winbushleague was still hurting.

They better not come out flat for UVA thinking it is an easy W. They look awful some games and look very good others. They dominated Boise a Boise a week after getting blown out by Indiana. Get destroyed by BC and Pitt then beat GT.

I mean you won't hear Kelly Bryant at the podium saying that he will thoroughly dominate Miami.

I mean you won't hear Kelly Bryant at the podium saying that he will thoroughly dominate Miami.

I got where you were coming from. I'm just saying these kids are so in tuned, they are even using things from the past to motivate them. Shaq and Berrios keep talking about up-holding the legacy and former players coming around is definitely helping this.

Advertisement
Back