Wiltfong

Lol what part of Sit had offers from all over the country don't u want to accept? You act like evaluations arent constant?? At the time Sit committed Ohio State, Tenn, LSU, Ole Miss, Michigan, Wisconsin and several other schools wanted him. By the time Miami moved on, I'm sure those other schools did as well,
Not to get involved in this but youre right & wrong on this. His offer list ours included took off over camp season cause he was a workout warrior. But once he started taking visits and working out for schools alot of those same schools started backing off(michigan,florida etc.). We were the main power 5 that saw him work out and still wanted a commitment (that matched his parents criteria atleast)

Advertisement
Ay dude, what do you think about the qb competition this year though. Thats the thing I care most about entering this season.
Honestly I much rather go through the growing pains of Perry or Weldon than have to deal with Rosier this season.

If Rosier is our starter all year, I think we will still improve a lot just because we are going to be healthy and getting a serious talent infusion on offense, but man I'd be so **** disappointed. And if he's Qb I can't see us losing less than 3-4 games
Ur setting me up to get @franchise on me again here bruh. Lol i dont think u have much to worry about. Ill leave it at that.

Crudup was probably the backup QB for that game.

But Sands was the backup a year or two earlier.

And we were lucky that Dorsey largely never went down - because there was zero depth.

That was Butch's weakest group - QBs. Other than that, he was strong across the board.

Was it Sands or that kid from Broward whose father had played at Oklahoma? He came in for a few plays when Dorsey was hurt against OSU in the Fiesta Bowl. There was a huge dropoff.

Neither guy was the type of QB we needed as the first QB off the bench.

I hope we go for the best available (and interested) QB we can find. I watched some of Johnson's highlights and he's a sensational athlete. Even if he's not as polished a passer I think he could make a lot happen on offense. We've never had an athlete like him at QB.

You keep saying luck, we happened to drop Sitkowski at the right time but make no mistake about it other elite programs were recruiting him too but we just beat them out for Williams period
But chise u gotta admit. There was an element of luck to it. No one is saying once he became available we didnt still have to beat out several elite schools. Hes saying its luck just for the fact that he was available period. If he was already committed to an elite school that he was happy with like osu,he wouldnt have ended up here. He only listened to us initially because of the opening and playing with everyone & he was committed to uk which was a school he just felt obligated to go to because they were on him forever. Schools didnt start getting on jarren real heavy until the mid way through his senior year. Thats not a knock on him.its just what it is. He became an elite prospect at the time. Its also not a knock on lil richt. He clearly is a **** good recruiter. He gets everyone he wants. Cant debate that.

And we were lucky that Dorsey largely never went down - because there was zero depth.

That was Butch's weakest group - QBs. Other than that, he was strong across the board.
Derrick became the back up once ethnic switched to wr

Advertisement

Initially it was just fine. The plan was always kenny kelly. Kenny kept going back and forth between football & baseball. People forget what a monster kenny kelly was in high school.

Initially it was just fine. The plan was always kenny kelly. Kenny kept going back and forth between football & baseball. People forget what a monster kenny kelly was in high school.

One of the most decorated signal callers in florida high school history - dude was a legend. Liked him as a player and wished that he stuck to football. Great legs, great arm, etc.

Honest question: would a "non-committable offer" (whatever that even means... as far as I can tell, a non-committable offer is not a real offer) have a positive impact on Tai (or any recruit, for that matter)?

I guess he can ultimately make a post on Instagram or Twitter saying he's blessed to receive an offer from the U, and websites like rivals and 247 will list him as having a UM offer (whether it's committable or not), but if it's non-committable and that message is communicated to him, is that really any better or different than having no offer? And is a non-committable offer more/less insulting/disrespectful than no offer?
Telling a kid “we’re giving you this offer but you can’t accept it” is worse than just telling them the truth. Anyone with half a brain understands the former approach is shyster ****.

People are too sophisticated in the recruiting game these days to fall for stupid **** like the unicorn known as the “uncommitable offer.”

Advertisement
Ur setting me up to get @franchise on me again here bruh. Lol i dont think u have much to worry about. Ill leave it at that.
LOL. We don’t have a late enrollee true freshmans (Perry) in the equation this year. We have a couple guys with a year under their belts (Perry and Weldon) and an early enrollee (Williams). I fully expect one of those three guys to beat out Rosier.

But chise u gotta admit. There was an element of luck to it. No one is saying once he became available we didnt still have to beat out several elite schools. Hes saying its luck just for the fact that he was available period. If he was already committed to an elite school that he was happy with like osu,he wouldnt have ended up here. He only listened to us initially because of the opening and playing with everyone & he was committed to uk which was a school he just felt obligated to go to because they were on him forever. Schools didnt start getting on jarren real heavy until the mid way through his senior year. Thats not a knock on him.its just what it is. He became an elite prospect at the time. Its also not a knock on lil richt. He clearly is a **** good recruiter. He gets everyone he wants. Cant debate that.
You can say there’s an element of luck in just about every fortunate occurrence. Things always have to line up in order for great results to occur.

LOL. We don’t have a late enrollee true freshmans (Perry) in the equation this year. We have a couple guys with a year under their belts (Perry and Weldon) and an early enrollee (Williams). I fully expect one of those three guys to beat out Rosier.
I hope to God. I don't think I could handle Rosier ruining this season.
I much rather watch Perry, Weldon, or Jarren go through frosh starter struggles man.

One of the most decorated signal callers in florida high school history - dude was a legend. Liked him as a player and wished that he stuck to football. Great legs, great arm, etc.
People forget just what a beast the kid was. He was a first team all american twice in football,baseball,basketball & track in the same years... thats absolutely crazy. He couldve done anything he wanted to as long as he focused on it. Wouldve been interesting to see him in just football. But in hindsight dorsey was the ideal qb for us at the time. Not kelly.

Advertisement
Telling a kid “we’re giving you this offer but you can’t accept it” is worse than just telling them the truth. Anyone with half a brain understands the former approach is shyster ****.

People are too sophisticated in the recruiting game these days to fall for stupid **** like the unicorn known as the “uncommitable offer.”
But thats the problem i really have with this chise. We havent been honest or straigjt up with this kid for a second. Great we decide hes just not for us(stupid as that may be)fine. Just tell him that. Dont tell him do this & well offer,than do that & well offer & do that etc... everytime its some bull**** that you wanna pick apart. Now weve told him its his release. Kids release is no sort of an issue. I cant respect that & if people have an issue with me voicing it over the staff so be it. Ive kept all of this in the background and still will but just be honest with the kid cause we absolutely are with everyone else.

You can say there’s an element of luck in just about every fortunate occurrence. Things always have to line up in order for great results to occur.
Indeed. But thats the point. If tthey didnt line up were just sitting around with our **** in our hands when we knew full on since spring not only was he not for us but he was already looking elsewhere. Thats just crap strategy. Admit it.

Indeed. But thats the point. If tthey didnt line up were just sitting around with our **** in our hands when we knew full on since spring not only was he not for us but he was already looking elsewhere. Thats just crap strategy. Admit it.
I was Pickowski’s biggest critic. I thought it was a huge mistake ever pursuing him in the first place. So, absolutely, there was some good fortune in having a guy the caliber of Williams available after wasting all that time fcking around with that jizzlord Pickowski. However, there was also a ton of great work put in recruiting him and beating the other schools for him.

Advertisement
I was Pickowski’s biggest critic. I thought it was a huge mistake ever pursuing him in the first place. So, absolutely, there was some good fortune in having a guy the caliber of Williams available after wasting all that time fcking around with that jizzlord Pickowski. However, there was also a ton of great work put in recruiting him and beating the other schools for him.
Touche

yes I just hope we're not making the same mistake (only instead of sticking too long with a ****** player like ****kowksi, it could be sticking too long with a guy thats an incredibly difficult pull) that ultimately leaves us looking for a qb commit post-september.

Has MJjr Said when he's going to be making his decision? I'm hoping its sooner than latter. I think if he commits soon, we have a good shot at getting his commitment. If he commits later, its going to be more difficult for us I think. Because he's going to be living at Oregon, and Jon Richt isn't going to be able to visit him every monday for a month straight

Conspiracy theory: Confirmed

Players gain or lose stars based on who they sign to
20200213_161956.jpg

Advertisement
Back