Wiltfong

Advertisement
Just having some fun, and some people still taking it too serious like you; TUB MAN.
Still not taking it serious, I just bored. Go back and read the thread (u obviously have the time) and you’ll see who actually was too serious. That would make it even more fun DYA LECT.

Exactly!!! 2+ weeks late but telling people they need to get out more, y’all gotta be bored 😐 as **** 🤣🤣🤣🤣 now that’s whats truly funny!

lol that's why I'm just now replying "2+ weeks late." I normally don't get involved with this trivial **** but yeah boredom definitely kicked in 😂

Advertisement
Still not taking it serious, I just bored. Go back and read the thread (u obviously have the time) and you’ll see who actually was too serious. That would make it even more fun DYA LECT.
I suppose that was me who took it too serious. I apologize if i offended your sensibilities. Agreed far too serious but when someone constantly digs at you while hiding behind a keyboard (intentionally or not) it gets tiring. I come on here to pass time and to share some info with yall & some people i guess take offense to that and call me or of my name. Unless someone addresses me i say nothing to anyone in particular. Enough explaining though. Ur right.

I suppose that was me who took it too serious. I apologize if i offended your sensibilities. Agreed far too serious but when someone constantly digs at you while hiding behind a keyboard (intentionally or not) it gets tiring. I come on here to pass time and to share some info with yall & some people i guess take offense to that and call me or of my name. Unless someone addresses me i say nothing to anyone in particular. Enough explaining though. Ur right.
Bro, I wasn’t talking about U, nothing U said bothered me at all, I’m not the sensitive type been blogging on the Canes since 2005, I don’t really have too much internet fight left in me. Keep doing what U do, I appreciate what U bring to the discussion, and simply the fact that U bring anything at all, some don’t, but complain.

Bro, I wasn’t talking about U, nothing U said bothered me at all, I’m not the sensitive type been blogging on the Canes since 2005, I don’t really have too much internet fight left in me. Keep doing what U do, I appreciate what U bring to the discussion, and simply the fact that U bring anything at all, some don’t, but complain.
Kool. Im the same. No point in internet fights. But i definitely did say something out of character to buddy. For that even to him i should apologize. Wish it would be easy enough for us all to get along on here. But for some reason were not all grown enough to realize we got different opinions but thats okay. Lets all just respect each other. Have a great day & enjoy the sun brother.

Advertisement
Just having some fun, and some people still taking it too serious like you; TUB MAN.

Literally the only way your actions make any sense is if you expect MJjr to commit soon. Otherwise Idk why you're bringing back a thread from 2+ weeks ago. But I'd be careful if I were you, cause you don't know what could change between now and NSD.

My opinion has not changed and will not change. Even if we get MJjr to commit, I think it still would have been the smart play to offer more TOP recruits. The Only thing I'll change my stance on is Jon Richts recruiting ability, because this is 1000% a tough pull, and honestly I'll have my doubt about him until MJjr signs. I've said from the beginning I'm perfectly fine with MJjr being THE GUY this class. In fact I'd rather have him than Mertz and Definitely over Howell. I actually think the fact he's a raw passer is a positive for us, because it buys us more time to have him sit and learn....and by the time he's ready to be the starting QB, the current starter will be leaving or close to it.

Literally the only way your actions make any sense is if you expect MJjr to commit soon. Otherwise Idk why you're bringing back a thread from 2+ weeks ago. But I'd be careful if I were you, cause you don't know what could change between now and NSD.

My opinion has not changed and will not change. Even if we get MJjr to commit, I think it still would have been the smart play to offer more TOP recruits. The Only thing I'll change my stance on is Jon Richts recruiting ability, because this is 1000% a tough pull, and honestly I'll have my doubt about him until MJjr signs. I've said from the beginning I'm perfectly fine with MJjr being THE GUY this class. In fact I'd rather have him than Mertz and Definitely over Howell. I actually think the fact he's a raw passer is a positive for us, because it buys us more time to have him sit and learn....and by the time he's ready to be the starting QB, the current starter will be leaving or close to it.

You know nothing of my actions, I don’t know how you can read any keys of my intentions through a message board!? Although, I do agree with most of you in saying that the staff should not put all of their eggs in one basket so to speak.

Advertisement
Point #1.
247 has not even seen Taisun Play his ranking is based on what? Tape vs CT kids? GTFOH.

Point #2
Taisun is an inferior athlete and should definitely not be a top 3 DTQB, refer to my earlier post for measurements. He's slow, and weak. No explosion.

Point# 3
We've offered 5 QB's not 1. Taisun visited and didn't impress coaches enough receive an offer. END OF STORY.

Point# 4
Worst case scenario we miss out on a QB and we still have Weldon, Perry, and Williams, with Deejay as emergency backup. It actually benefits us to spread the seniority out a bit considering both Perry and Weldon caught redshirts.

Point # 5
How many of the teams that have offered him has he visited????

Feel fee to address each of these points.
Point # 4: Always want to recruit at least one potential starter at QB every year.

Going back to the '80's, remember years when we had almost no depth at the position. JJ said we must recruit at least one per year. Had too many who left, didn't work out, etc. Greg Jones (Miami Edison), Turkowski, Alan Hall, Kenny Kelly, on and on. Can't remember them all. Some were national elites.

Legit question - what is an offer in your opinion?
I think "offers" at other positions are different than QB. We can take multiple players at skill positions, but we're only taking one QB this time. If we take 3 Oline for example, and we have 7 offers out - target 2, 3 & 6 commit. We can still make room for #1 if he wants in.

If #3 on our QB board has an "offer," & wants to commit, do we accept? Because I feel like our coaches have their sight set for #1 until he decides. Will move from there. Extending meaningless offers just doesn't make sense to me if you're not willing to accept their commit.

So in your opinion, what is an offer? If a recruit tries to commit with an "offer", but you say no we want you to do x, y, z before we accept. Okay, but school a, b, c want me to commit now.

I get you're argument to extend your board, just feel QB board is a bit different. If the available players & your board is Brady, Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor, & Rivers. You don't accept a commit from any of them until you hear from Brady. If he's your #1 guy, & you're only taking 1 QB then you're gonna have to wait.

Advertisement
Like when Ethenic Sands was 2nd team QB behind Ken Dorsey?
Was it Sands or that kid from Broward whose father had played at Oklahoma? He came in for a few plays when Dorsey was hurt against OSU in the Fiesta Bowl. There was a huge dropoff.

Neither guy was the type of QB we needed as the first QB off the bench.

I hope we go for the best available (and interested) QB we can find. I watched some of Johnson's highlights and he's a sensational athlete. Even if he's not as polished a passer I think he could make a lot happen on offense. We've never had an athlete like him at QB.

Started pretty good with 5 star Brock Berlin and 5 star number one QB in the country in Kyle Wright. Died off when Coker killed the program.
You have to admit, Brock was a 5-star coming out of Louisiana but something of a retread when he left UF. Couldn't beat out Rex Grossman, and became a decent but not a 5-star caliber college QB at UM. Loved it when he beat his old team, UF, but he was limited.

for those of you speaking about Johnson's father, his family member that posts on here said his dad wouldn't be there much longer or after this year I think. so...take that for what it's worth.

@DMoney who is the better prospect at QB? Johnson or Pho?

They should be going after both hard. Can't get left out this year.

Man that's outstanding but I still have an awful hard time believing a coach's kid is gonna spurn his father (unless it's Mike Rumph's kid, in which case I'm sure we won't make his top 20). The Ice Harris thing was odd because of timing and position concerns, this is something different.

Most kids dont want to go to college with their dad around 24/7

Advertisement
Back