Wiltfong

Has the offensive recruiting let anyone down yet?

Let the coaches do the job they were hired to do.

***** when they actually mess up.
I’m more worried about the defensive side of the ball recruiting tbh. They are bringing in a bunch of elite guys over there on offense. It’s just on defense we need more

Last edited:
Advertisement
Youd be dissapointed to know im good with both of them huh... u have ur stance just because of the ***** that you arr. Thats whats pitiful. Its been said from the start its not about tai

They really should develop a suck my **** groupie emoji just for you.

One of us is a grown *** man eating at the kids table taking groupie photos of teens. It aint me bruh.

Has the offensive recruiting let anyone down yet?

Let the coaches do the job they were hired to do.

***** when they actually mess up.

Agree. Both MJ Jr and Taisun look like excellent QB prospects. I'm no expert on evaluating but it seems like you can make an argument for either of them.

I love that Dee's guy has a lot of interest in Miami. But if our coaches are confident they can land MJ Jr, I'm good with that. It's not like were comparing Sitkowski to Jarren here.

Advertisement
Name the QB's who started after Ken left and ask yourself if Coker under recruited the position. Even with all the talent we had on the roster, they didn't find a capable QB and it started our tailspin.
Started pretty good with 5 star Brock Berlin and 5 star number one QB in the country in Kyle Wright. Died off when Coker killed the program.

Started pretty good with 5 star Brock Berlin and 5 star number one QB in the country in Kyle Wright. Died off when Coker killed the program.

Placing the term 5 star recruit beside their names does nothing to improve your argument. We missed on their evaluations sure but we hadn't recruited/built up enough depth to find an adequate replacement.

What we have on the roster now has alot of potential but they don't come without red flags.

Weldon has been suspended already.
Perry's frame looks more like a marathon runner than football player.
Williams decommitted from Kentucky.. Not 1, not 2, but 3 times. Originally was dead set on playing early.

We have no idea what is going to happen with those Qb's.

What we do know:

Rosier leaves after this season.
Sheriffs has chosen to transfer.
Kaaya left early after regressing his junior year.
Allison was signed and didn't fit the system and left.

We need to continue to recruit high level Qb's and we can't afford to miss this cycle. Still too much unknown at the QB position. Mention DJ Dallas as a viable option is just ridiculous, and I don't believe you actually want to defend that. You probably just don't like my posts. I'm actually hoping it's the latter.

I don't feel confident in MJ Jr.

Do I think we are in the race? Sure. But he's wide open and regardless of the other Qb's offered, he's the one receiving all of the attention. So we would be playing catch up with others if we don't close him.

Placing the term 5 star recruit beside their names does nothing to improve your argument. We missed on their evaluations sure but we hadn't recruited/built up enough depth to find an adequate replacement.

What we have on the roster now has alot of potential but they don't come without red flags.

Weldon has been suspended already.
Perry's frame looks more like a marathon runner than football player.
Williams decommitted from Kentucky.. Not 1, not 2, but 3 times. Originally was dead set on playing early.

We have no idea what is going to happen with those Qb's.

What we do know:

Rosier leaves after this season.
Sheriffs has chosen to transfer.
Kaaya left early after regressing his junior year.
Allison was signed and didn't fit the system and left.

We need to continue to recruit high level Qb's and we can't afford to miss this cycle. Still too much unknown at the QB position. Mention DJ Dallas as a viable option is just ridiculous, and I don't believe you actually want to defend that. You probably just don't like my posts. I'm actually hoping it's the latter.

I don't feel confident in MJ Jr.

Do I think we are in the race? Sure. But he's wide open and regardless of the other Qb's offered, he's the one receiving all of the attention. So we would be playing catch up with others if we don't close him.
ok

D, you can just as easily turn that around and say that qb recruiting was almost an abject failure considering how long Sits was our guy. And let’s be real, we lucked into Williams - he fell in our laps. Yeah, I know, that’s recruiting sometimes, but let’s not quite anoint the kid just yet.
Now that's a salty crootin' vet!

Advertisement
Man that's outstanding but I still have an awful hard time believing a coach's kid is gonna spurn his father (unless it's Mike Rumph's kid, in which case I'm sure we won't make his top 20). The Ice Harris thing was odd because of timing and position concerns, this is something different.
Brutal but hysterical

so its an insult to essentially show the dude we are still interested but we are still one step away from being fully on board - seeing him dominate at our camp? I think yall are fooling yourselves by acting like a non-commitable (at the moment) scholarship offer is completely worthless for the player and for us.

This is simple. The summer leading to his jr he comes for paradise camp and kills it. We tell him we want to see more before we offer. He kills it his junior yr. WE watch his tape, seeing the progress he made and want to keep options open with a top qb talent that has shown interest in us (has any other top 2019 qb visited us yet? I don't think so). We give him a non commitable offer until paradise camp and tell him we want to see how he performs in front of us one last time....What the **** is the problem there or how is that insulting or a bad recruiting move? That preserves the connection with a top qb - ranked #1 DT by 247, and buys us time on Michael Johnson. And if michael johnson hadn't committed by Paradise camp, then we absolutely should be looking in another direction.

No point on me keeping on talking about this, but If we don't lock Michael Johnson up it wont look good for JR. Miseval on *****. Rosier played like crap especially to end the year - showed absolutely no development. If he doesn't have Perry or Weldon prepared to WIN the qb job this yr, I really don't know what value he brings. And I absolutely view us getting Jarren as Lucky. Not saying it wasn't a great recruiting win for us to lock up a qb that good that late, but it was absolutely lucky we were even given the opportunity to do that. hopefully JR will turn out to be a good DEVELOPER a the position which honestly is more important. We will see if Perry, Weldon, or Jarren earn the job this year and how they play.

Of course we are still interested. Whose to say communication hasn't happened? You act like these coaches don't talk to ALL their targets regularly. I guess JR deleted all other QB contacts. As I said, his #1 target is clear. If we know that, so does everyone else. You are acting like Tai is naive to what's going on. They appreciate honesty & feel who can s truelly interested in having them as "their guy." An uncommittable offer is the equivalent putting someone on a waitlist. "I like you a lot but like someone else a little more." Sure, we tell him we want to see more. But he killed it last year & has other offers. You're insulting his intelligence when it's clear again (as reported) he isn't our top option. Of course we are still recruiting him, but an uncommitable offer is as as funny as it sounds. "Here's an offer, but the way my scholarships work..." Other teams do have him there as #1 on their board. We decided MJ was our #1 & that is clear to anyone with a brain.

He is #2 (or maybe even later based on offers).

Of course we are still interested. Whose to say communication hasn't happened? You act like these coaches don't talk to ALL their targets regularly. I guess JR deleted all other QB contacts. As I said, his #1 target is clear. If we know that, so does everyone else. You are acting like Tai is naive to what's going on. They appreciate honesty & feel who can s truelly interested in having them as "their guy." An uncommittable offer is the equivalent putting someone on a waitlist. "I like you a lot but like someone else a little more." Sure, we tell him we want to see more. But he killed it last year & has other offers. You're insulting his intelligence when it's clear again (as reported) he isn't our top option. Of course we are still recruiting him, but an uncommitable offer is as as funny as it sounds. "Here's an offer, but the way my scholarships work..." Other teams do have him there as #1 on their board. We decided MJ was our #1 & that is clear to anyone with a brain.

He is #2 (or maybe even later based on offers).
bruh you're like 2+ weeks late on this whole thing.

Yes, Oregon dropping a bag on him.
I don’t care who his dad is.
Bags are a part of the culture of college athletics unfortunately, and it’s more of an insult or bad reflection on the university staff members or boosters who offer, than it is on the kids imo. I know every kid doesn’t get bought and I hope he is this type of kid, but I don’t know him and his dad personally like obviously do. I would’ve never thought Tyson Campbell would get bought but he and Surtain Jr were...do u know who Surtain Jr’s dad is?
My overall point was that he is a great looking player and that Oregon is gonna exhaust any and all efforts to keep him home. Maybe that’s a little more agreeable.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂😂🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
I really am amazed by your stupidity... you're like a chick from mean girls for god sakes. Just trying to team up on anyone regardless of what they actually say. Clear as day hes said evals arent simple and we dont know how its all gonna end up. THAT HAS BEEN HIS EXACT LOGIC IN WHY YOU WIDEN(MEANING OFFER MORE) THE BOARD(QBS U ACTUALLY OFFER) BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW THE END RESULT OR IF LIKE SITS HE PROVES AN EVAL TO HAVE BEEN MADE POORLY OR IN HASTE(QUICK JUDGEMENT) do u understand now?
Y’all take this **** too serious man lol!

This thread gotta go down in the hall of fame of threads bro, for real! Lmao, y’all are up here wilding! 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Advertisement
Nice emoji game, but do u have anything to say? An opinion to share, because I’m just as confused 🤷🏾‍♂️ as your emojis 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂. There’s one poster who made the convo waaaay too serious but u neglected to address him, now that’s 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just having some fun, and some people still taking it too serious like you; TUB MAN.

Advertisement
Back