Wiltfong

IMG_4778.jpg

Advertisement
I keep hearing this. It's clear that the board is split on how to grade last seasons QB recruiting.

Sits was the main target and cost us a chance at the QB who signed with UCLA Among others. Qb's usually commit early and barring a coaching change don't often flip.

Sits decommits to stay home but everyone agrees he was pushed out. He was beyond awful at IMG.

That's a miss by the staff. The Richts make decisions together so they both take the blame for the miss. They deserve to be criticized for that.

They identified their next target. They find a QB target who is waivering on his pledge to a lower level school and beat out Ohio State and Auburn for him. We don't know that he was the top QB on their board but we know he was a kid who could be flipped. The kid admired Richt from his time at Georgia, they got the kid on campus and wowed him enough that he practically shut it down afterwards. The Richts deserve a lot of credit for that.

So was it luck or was it a recruiting win? I think it's fair to say it was a bit of both. But it's definitely not a strategy we should rely on.

You have to hit on the QB evaluations. QB recruiting has single handily made schools like Louisville relevant. Richt has a history of passing on program changing Qb's. (Newton and Watson) I think until we hit on a qb it's understandable for fans to worry.

I want to believe, but I'd like to be given some results before I do!

DTR was always going to UCLA. He's a legacy there. The kid didn't even flinch when there was a coaching change.

I keep hearing this. It's clear that the board is split on how to grade last seasons QB recruiting.

Sits was the main target and cost us a chance at the QB who signed with UCLA Among others. Qb's usually commit early and barring a coaching change don't often flip.

Sits decommits to stay home but everyone agrees he was pushed out. He was beyond awful at IMG.

That's a miss by the staff. The Richts make decisions together so they both take the blame for the miss. They deserve to be criticized for that.

They identified their next target. They find a QB target who is waivering on his pledge to a lower level school and beat out Ohio State and Auburn for him. We don't know that he was the top QB on their board but we know he was a kid who could be flipped. The kid admired Richt from his time at Georgia, they got the kid on campus and wowed him enough that he practically shut it down afterwards. The Richts deserve a lot of credit for that.

So was it luck or was it a recruiting win? I think it's fair to say it was a bit of both. But it's definitely not a strategy we should rely on.

You have to hit on the QB evaluations. QB recruiting has single handily made schools like Louisville relevant. Richt has a history of passing on program changing Qb's. (Newton and Watson) I think until we hit on a qb it's understandable for fans to worry.

I want to believe, but I'd like to be given some results before I do!
...and that's JUST the recruiting side of things. What about the actual most important part - developing the qbs on the roster.
Malik Rosier was ******* terrible last year, and the worst part is he got worse as the season progressed. He consistently made poor decisions, and was terribly inaccurate. The ONLY thing he did well was run, especially by the end of the season. Why does JR not get blame for that? Sorry but they were coaching up Rosier for 2 years and then once he plays he literally gets worse as the season progressed. That's NOT a job well done I'm.

Now maybe it's not their fault and they did the absolute best they could with Rosier. Maybe. But this is the chance for JR to prove himself. If he doesn't have Perry, Weldon, or Jarren ready to beat Rosier for the job and perform at least at an average ACC level, wtf is he doing? Like if Rosier beats out the three freshman, as terrible as we know he is, then that clearly shows a lack of development by our QB coaches, does it not?
I'm hopeful Perry or Weldon will be prepared enough to win the job. Again JR is a good at recruiting. I don't think he's good at evaluating or has a good plan of attack for recruiting. But his actual ability to recruit a player is good, as we saw with Jarrens recruitment.

Advertisement
...and that's JUST the recruiting side of things. What about the actual most important part - developing the qbs on the roster.
Malik Rosier was ******* terrible last year, and the worst part is he got worse as the season progressed. He consistently made poor decisions, and was terribly inaccurate. The ONLY thing he did well was run, especially by the end of the season. Why does JR not get blame for that? Sorry but they were coaching up Rosier for 2 years and then once he plays he literally gets worse as the season progressed. That's NOT a job well done I'm.

Now maybe it's not their fault and they did the absolute best they could with Rosier. Maybe. But this is the chance for JR to prove himself. If he doesn't have Perry, Weldon, or Jarren ready to beat Rosier for the job and perform at least at an average ACC level, wtf is he doing? Like if Rosier beats out the three freshman, as terrible as we know he is, then that clearly shows a lack of development by our QB coaches, does it not?
I'm hopeful Perry or Weldon will be prepared enough to win the job. Again JR is a good at recruiting. I don't think he's good at evaluating or has a good plan of attack for recruiting. But his actual ability to recruit a player is good, as we saw with Jarrens recruitment.
Context, Junior. Rosier was a guy who most felt didn’t even deserve to be on scholarship here. Yet the Ricks coaxed a record setting year out of him and our first Coastal title. So to make it seem like they got nothing out of Rosier is basically retarded. You could argue they got way more out of him than anyone could have imagined.

i think you see the sitkowski situation however you want to see it. was it a missed evaluation? yeah. is that bad? yeah. did the staff realize that and pivot? yeah. did they end up with a much better prospect? yeah.

if you want to focus on the initial missed evaluation you can. if you want to focus on the remedying of the problem you can. it's up to you.

personally, not every early QB evaluation is gonna be the right one. you have to get on guys early and can only sign one guy. the margin for error is not large. but that the staff was able to pivot and not only salvage the QB spot in the 18 class but improve it makes me feel better than it does make me feel worse. they know the guys they want and are pretty good about getting them. but i get why you would see it the other way if you wanted to.

Malik Rosier was ******* terrible last year, and the worst part is he got worse as the season progressed. He consistently made poor decisions, and was terribly inaccurate. The ONLY thing he did well was run, especially by the end of the season. Why does JR not get blame for that? .

Because god couldn't help Malik Rosier...And I love the kid and he will always be in my personal UM HOF for ending the streak. But he can't hit the broad side of a barn and took about 8 games to even get to the 2nd progression. They got as much as they could out of a kid who wouldn't start for about 80 schools in America unless it was a predominantly qb run based offense and even then he is only a decent runner and most of those schools would have a better runner at the position.

Advertisement
Context, Junior. Rosier was a guy who most felt didn’t even deserve to be on scholarship here. Yet the Ricks coaxed a record setting year out of him and our first Coastal title. So to make it seem like they got nothing out of Rosier is basically retarded. You could argue they got way more out of him than anyone could have imagined.

Calinative acts like QB evaluating is a simple formula. As if NFL gm's aren't throwing 100's of millions of dollars a year down the drain on misevals. He's too far in his feelings and can't be saved at this point.

Calinative acts like QB evaluating is a simple formula. As if NFL gm's aren't throwing 100's of millions of dollars a year down the drain on misevals. He's too far in his feelings and can't be saved at this point.
Actually I'm arguing that it isn't simple which is why I don't ******* want us to be so **** narrow sighted in 1 Target and ignoring everyone else.
How is this difficult to comprehend. Our QB coach is the one that locks on to ONE player and ignores everyone else. He did it with ****kowski and it turned out to be a ******* horrible eval. Now he's doing it with a QB 3k miles away who has a dad on the local P5 staff.

How am I the one failing to see qbs are hard to hit on? I'm the one that wants us to keep our options open and not push talented qbs away who are interested. Again How many 2019 qbs that we have offered have visited campus? I don't think any of them have. But you know who has? The mother****ing QB ranked #1 DTQB by 247.

Advertisement
Actually I'm arguing that it isn't simple which is why I don't ******* want us to be so **** narrow sighted in 1 Target and ignoring everyone else.
How is this difficult to comprehend. Our QB coach is the one that locks on to ONE player and ignores everyone else. He did it with ****kowski and it turned out to be a ******* horrible eval. Now he's doing it with a QB 3k miles away who has a dad on the local P5 staff.

How am I the one failing to see qbs are hard to hit on? I'm the one that wants us to keep our options open and not push talented qbs away who are interested. Again How many 2019 qbs that we have offered have visited campus? I don't think any of them have. But you know who has? The mother****ing QB ranked #1 DTQB by 247.

Point #1.
247 has not even seen Taisun Play his ranking is based on what? Tape vs CT kids? GTFOH.

Point #2
Taisun is an inferior athlete and should definitely not be a top 3 DTQB, refer to my earlier post for measurements. He's slow, and weak. No explosion.

Point# 3
We've offered 5 QB's not 1. Taisun visited and didn't impress coaches enough receive an offer. END OF STORY.

Point# 4
Worst case scenario we miss out on a QB and we still have Weldon, Perry, and Williams, with Deejay as emergency backup. It actually benefits us to spread the seniority out a bit considering both Perry and Weldon caught redshirts.

Point # 5
How many of the teams that have offered him has he visited????

Feel fee to address each of these points.

Except he hasn’t locked on to just one, or haven’t you been keeping up. It’s two that he’s primarily focused on now for 2019. It may not be the two you want, but it’s two...and remember right now we have a true freshman and two RS freshmen.

Advertisement
Except he hasn’t locked on to just one, or haven’t you been keeping up. It’s two that he’s primarily focused on now for 2019. It may not be the two you want, but it’s two...and remember right now we have a true freshman and two RS freshmen.
Exactly...i wouldn't be surprised if this was a MJ JR or bust situation just because of his pure athleticism. Obviously the golden rule is you take 1 QB every year but we took 2 QB in 16 who both redshirted which has now created a logjam. Building seniority at QB is important.

I totally agree. Also remember that our three best offensive players were out at the end of the year.

Johnson Jr looks like an athlete playing QB.

Tai looks like a QB who is athletic.

Id prefer Tai. I think he has better pocket presence and did a better job going through progressions. Comp sucks for both I get it.

Im just thankful we aren't chasing statues like Eason. Need Qb's that can pick up the first down with their legs in college.

The Richts obviously believe MJ is the guy so I'll support it. Lock him up!

We need a QB who is athletic, not the reverse. I love a mobile QB, but accuracy and ability to see the field (vision) are higher priorities. With all the weapons we look to have at WR, TE, and RB, I want a QB who is capable of getting the ball to the playmakers.

Point #1.
247 has not even seen Taisun Play his ranking is based on what? Tape vs CT kids? GTFOH.

Point #2
Taisun is an inferior athlete and should definitely not be a top 3 DTQB, refer to my earlier post for measurements. He's slow, and weak. No explosion.

Point# 3
We've offered 5 QB's not 1. Taisun visited and didn't impress coaches enough receive an offer. END OF STORY.

Point# 4
Worst case scenario we miss out on a QB and we still have Weldon, Perry, and Williams, with Deejay as emergency backup. It actually benefits us to spread the seniority out a bit considering both Perry and Weldon caught redshirts.

Point # 5
How many of the teams that have offered him has he visited????

Feel fee to address each of these points.
1. so his competition in connecticut is so much inferior to mjjs competition in oregon? lol thats a joke. And 247 saw mjj play elite competition? Taisuns ranking is based off his tape, and so is Mjjs.
2. inferior athlete to mjj, no argument there. but that doesn't mean mjj wouldn't be a better athlete than all the qbs on the roster right now. better build than most of qbs on our roster and better running ability for sure.
3. offered 5 qbs, 3 of which are ALREADY COMMITTED! 1 of them, zamar wise, is a ******* Rutgers commit and was our earliest priority before even mjj. Oh look at that another miseval. Secondly the only other qb not committed it doesn't even look like we're actually targeting. thirdly 3 of the ******* qbs are pro-style and not guys that fit the mold of what we are going for offensively. MJj definitely does. as does Taisun.
4. THIS IS A HORRIBLE MENTALITY with qb recruiting. Yes we have 3 freshman. And they have done exactly nothing for us yet. Secondly there is about zero chance both perry and Weldon will be on the roster much longer. If jarren wins the job, one of them will transfer. If one of them wins the job, the other is basically guaranteed to transfer out. This is what happens at qb. The minute a young qb wins the starting job, a few usually transfer out. Lastly, it doesn't matter how many how many we have since none of them have proven anything. Even if one of them beats out Rosier (better ******* happen) whos to say he doesnt get injured or just straight up beat out by the incoming 2019 qb.
5. who? taisun or mjj? idk I think asking Dee where Taisun has visited and Mjjs cousin would be a better source for this, or someone who pays for 247 or something.

Advertisement
Back