Wiltfong

Advertisement
D, you can just as easily turn that around and say that qb recruiting was almost an abject failure considering how long Sits was our guy. And let’s be real, we lucked into Williams - he fell in our laps. Yeah, I know, that’s recruiting sometimes, but let’s not quite anoint the kid just yet.
You’re conflating recruiting with evaluating.

And I don’t understand this “we got lucky” argument with Williams. Why didn’t any of the other marquee P5 programs recruiting him get lucky?

How?
No matter how you look at it we should have offered Taisun by now.
Nobody on that thread was saying we shouldn't have been recruiting Johnson jr, or even having him #1 on our board.
The problem is when you only target one person and basically completely ignore everyone else.

So JR flew to Oregon every Monday for over a month....kids still not committed. Hes going to try to visit in April. We are investing a **** of a lot in this kid and at the same time ignoring everyone else. If he commits, obviously the risk was worth it, but if he doesn't - where does that leave us? We literally just went through this with Asante Samuel at CB, and EVERYONE was ****ting on Rumph for it.

Recruiting big time QBs doesn’t work that way. You don’t offer a bunch of QBs while you’re pursuing one guy you really want.

What if the offered your boy Tai, and he committed? Then, Johnson says he doesn’t want to come because of that. You’ve panicked and got the guy you didn’t really want.

Richt jr always be closing. With that said it probably might happen here too...

Lol the exact same error? You are so full of ****.
When ****kowski committed to us there were people here saying we were making a mistake because he played like **** and his stats we're ***.
You comparing him to ****kowski proves you have no idea wtf you're talking about. ***** played terribly with poor competition in jersey, and even worse with good competition at img. Taisun played at an elite level against this "poor competition". ( I don't know anything about the quality of his competition)

Someone killing poor competition is not the same as playing like *** against poor competition then playing like a steaming pile of dog **** against good comp

And I have no idea where he will camp though I will assume Paradise camp won't happen since he's not going to get an offer

You sound very angry. Again your comparing two diff HS qbs who played for two completely different offenses. Sits played in a wishbone his junior year. An offense that generates paltry stats for any QB. Like i said before...Taisun obviously looks better than Sits at the same stage of his career but he hasnt proven **** vs real talent. Johnson is the splashier take and thats what the coaches obviously want this cycle. Id be happy with either because the 4th QB on this roster doesnt mean **** for the next couple years tbh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Recruiting big time QBs doesn’t work that way. You don’t offer a bunch of QBs while you’re pursuing one guy you really want.

What if the offered your boy Tai, and he committed? Then, Johnson says he doesn’t want to come because of that. You’ve panicked and got the guy you didn’t really want.
You know there are such things us non-committable offers.
Literally all you do is keep recruiting Tai as a backup option, offer him a non commitable offer and say we need to see you at paradise camp before we'll accept your commitment.
That gives you ample time to recruit Michael Johnson, and keeps an excellent backup option open. And if Michael Johnson hadn't commited by paradise camp, you absolutely move on and accept Taisuns commit if he still wants to .

I just don't get why EVERYONE was so upset and angry about our DB/DL recruiting for 2018 but then we go and do literally the same thing at qb, and yall are ignoring it.

Advertisement
You sound very angry. Again your comparing two diff HS qbs who played for two completely different offenses. Sits played in a wishbone his junior year. An offense that generates paltry stats for any QB. Like i said before...Taisun obviously looks better than Sits at the same stage of his career but he hasnt proven **** vs real talent. Johnson is the splashier take and thats what the coaches obviously want this cycle. Id be happy with either because the 4th QB on this roster doesnt mean **** for the next couple years tbh.
If youre saying taisun obviously looks better, then why are you comparing the two?
And how do you know Taisuns competition is even worse than Michael Johnsons? Taisuns stats are MUCH better than Johnsons too btw. His tape is at least on the same level as Johnsons (I think its better).
I just don't like they we are ONLY going after our top guy, and basically saying **** it to any backup plan.
And having that mentality about recruiting QB not mattering much because he'd be the "4th qb on the roster" is terrible. QB is the most important position on the field, and it doesn't matter what the depth looks like you gotta get the absolute best you can. You never know what will happen and who will transfer out.

You know there are such things us non-committable offers.
Literally all you do is keep recruiting Tai as a backup option, offer him a non commitable offer and say we need to see you at paradise camp before we'll accept your commitment.
That gives you ample time to recruit Michael Johnson, and keeps an excellent backup option open. And if Michael Johnson hadn't commited by paradise camp, you absolutely move on and accept Taisuns commit if he still wants to .

I just don't get why EVERYONE was so upset and angry about our DB/DL recruiting for 2018 but then we go and do literally the same thing at qb, and yall are ignoring it.

Because we haven't struggled with QB recruiting under Richt. Going all in on 1 QB is risky, but Richt has had success recruiting that way. We got Perry, ***** (obviously an eval error), and Williams because of it, and it seems like that's the biggest reason we're in good position for MJJ.

If Richt had been striking out with his top QB targets previously, then obviously people would be upset about this all-in strategy

D
Ghag
I'm posting his sophomore clips from California, because the Oregon competition is suspect. His style reminds me of Randall Cunningham.

That is why I'm questioning Pho because his comp in CT is awful seriously. I wonder how well that translates..

Advertisement
If youre saying taisun obviously looks better, then why are you comparing the two?
And how do you know Taisuns competition is even worse than Michael Johnsons? Taisuns stats are MUCH better than Johnsons too btw. His tape is at least on the same level as Johnsons (I think its better).
I just don't like they we are ONLY going after our top guy, and basically saying **** it to any backup plan.
And having that mentality about recruiting QB not mattering much because he'd be the "4th qb on the roster" is terrible. QB is the most important position on the field, and it doesn't matter what the depth looks like you gotta get the absolute best you can. You never know what will happen and who will transfer out.

We just offered the wisconsin kid ....and probably others. Johnson being the only one offered is a false narrative. Yall are too emotionally invested in 1 offer.

We just offered the wisconsin kid ....and probably others. Johnson being the only one offered is a false narrative. Yall are too emotionally invested in 1 offer.
we offered a dude already committed to someone else from kansas. a dude that doesn't even fit our offense that well.
we've offered 5 total qbs. 3 of which are committed. One of which was zamar wise who ******* committed to rutgers lol. thats called a miseval.

Advertisement
Back