Wiltfong - Tyrique Stevenson

Just the idea of signing a trio of Stevenson, Richards and Dent is mind blowing. Stevenson is being recruited at Safety. I think MAR is also being recruited as a Safety but I'm not certain. Dent is a CB all the way.

Safety
1. K. Smith
2. T. Stevenson
3. MAR

CB
1. Dent
2. Couch
3. Brownlee
4. Good

A safety haul of K. Smith and MAR is elite. Adding Stevenson takes it into the stratosphere. Would love to add Battle to this list but I don't see us taking 4.

The potential addition of Dent at CB would really galvanize that group and put it over the top.

If everyone sticks at LB we are set there.

We need to add 2 more DE(Bogle and Weaver)
And 1 more DT(Ingraham)

That would be the best defensive class we have signed on paper maybe ever.

Advertisement
Just the idea of signing a trio of Stevenson, Richards and Dent is mind blowing. Stevenson is being recruited at Safety. I think MAR is also being recruited as a Safety but I'm not certain. Dent is a CB all the way.

Safety
1. K. Smith
2. T. Stevenson
3. MAR

CB
1. Dent
2. Couch
3. Brownlee
4. Good

A safety haul of K. Smith and MAR is elite. Adding Stevenson takes it into the stratosphere. Would love to add Battle to this list but I don't see us taking 4.

The potential addition of Dent at CB would really galvanize that group and put it over the top.

If everyone sticks at LB we are set there.

We need to add 2 more DE(Bogle and Weaver)
And 1 more DT(Ingraham)

Been reading that staff is starting to recruit MAR more and more at RB because they are not confident McIntosh ends up in this class. Safety class may look more like Stevenson/Smith and Nunn or Battle if we can flip one of those.

Advertisement
I like him at LB too would increase his value cause that closing speed at LB is nfl like, for S different in open space. We will see but I say LB and I think thats what the coaches have in mind and striker

Definitely could see him as a Striker, with aggressive as he plays he would be an excellent replacement for Romeo when he graduates. Especially if we land 2 out of 3 in Stevenson, Nunn or Battle.

Advertisement
Definitely could see him as a Striker, with aggressive as he plays he would be an excellent replacement for Romeo when he graduates. Especially if we land 2 out of 3 in Stevenson, Nunn or Battle.
If we landed Nunn TS and Dent our depth will be where it needs to be, we have to land them all though we need the bodies and the bench drop off well there would be no drop off

yeah thats what i see in his highlights.. the way he diagnoses plays and tackles is the most impressive i have seen out of a prospect in forever.. Not that i don't think he would still be amazing at safety.. but i just feel like he is sure fire at striker.

I like him at LB too would increase his value cause that closing speed at LB is nfl like, for S different in open space. We will see but I say LB and I think thats what the coaches have in mind and striker
Nope. Staff told him they want him to play jaquan spot which is SS. Smith is athletic. Dude ran like a 4.55.

Advertisement
yeah thats what i see in his highlights.. the way he diagnoses plays and tackles is the most impressive i have seen out of a prospect in forever.. Not that i don't think he would still be amazing at safety.. but i just feel like he is sure fire at striker.
Striker is more of a coverage position. You haven't seen finley make many tackles. SS is the best spot for him. Just like you see jaquan is consistently one of the top tacklers on the team and just imagine smith there who is bigger, faster, and stronger.

If we landed Nunn TS and Dent our depth will be where it needs to be, we have to land them all though we need the bodies and the bench drop off well there would be no drop off

100%. The difference between us and the 4-5 teams that play for nattys is that when they have a starter at, say, safety come out, they replace them with an ultra talented 4 or 5 star guy whereas we replace ours with a guy like Robert Knowles. That's the difference between ACC Coastal championships and truly competing for titles.

Advertisement
Striker is more of a coverage position. You haven't seen finley make many tackles. SS is the best spot for him. Just like you see jaquan is consistently one of the top tacklers on the team and just imagine smith there who is bigger, faster, and stronger.
Keontra literally is a perfect fit for that Jaquan role

Part of this is due to personnel packages. McCloud is much more often in on likely run plays while Romeo plays 3rd downs/passing plays. My thing is Keontra has the skills to be a 3 down striker and not have to change personnel as much.

Advertisement
Back