Willis out for Pinstripe Bowl

I doubt he's really injured but he's definitely doing the smart thing. Decent $$ is on the line. Gerald's not gonna change his draft stock no matter how he might play in the Bronx. An injury, though ... and he's screwed.

He's legit injured.

Advertisement
This is horrible. We finally get a chance to play for an NC with top flight HC and staff and this kid .... oh wait, that was the dream I was having last night.

Now I remember, we have a crap staff and a HC who has his useless son as our QB coach. Sit the game young man and get ready to rep THE U in our graduate program known as the NFL. Please get us another one of those yellow jackets.

Not a fan of players sitting out of bowl games to avoid injury.

Not sure of the details here but this line of thinking that you have too much to risk is soft.
Get used to it. This is gonna become commonplace. Probably kill off half a dozen (or more) bowls that already don't draw flies (which wouldn't be a bad thing).

Thank you GW3 for all your contributions. I look forward to watching you on Sundays and seeing your name and jersey number hanging in the UM IPF.

Time for Tito, Bethel, and the youngins' of Ford, Silvera, and Miller to show up and show out.

Advertisement
Not even mad. Good luck boss and continue the greatest DT legacy in cfb history at the next level play boy.

i dont mind. playing in a meaningless bowl is not worth it.
Don't understand why people think this bowl game is meaningless. It helps with future recruiting, helps morale of the team and helps with the preseason rankings. Makes moving up in the rankings much easier if you start higher. Also 8&5 sounds much better then 7&6.

Football players are too valuable to risk playing football.
When there's the amount of money that is out there now, exactly right. Going into the combine/individual workouts/draft, you'd have to be crazy to risk injury if you're projected to be drafted in the top several rounds.

Advertisement
G may be the best DT in the draft, at least top 3. Great DTs are hard to come by.
I’d be surprised if he didn’t go first round.

Good luck to Willis. Wish him nothing but the best. Kid seems like he really cares about UM. We need him to recruit NO for us.

Guy made himself a whooooole lot of money this year.Wish him nothing but success.Hoping he goes no later than the second round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My preseason prediction of him being the best DT we have had since Warren Sapp came true.

He owes us nothing more. This is a “meaningless game”. If it was the national title game I’m sure he would slug it out. He’s come too far to risk injury for this game.

Get Ford and Nesta ready.
What about Vince Wolford?..

Advertisement
Back