Willis McGahee IV, '24 Edge Rusher, Palmetto

Advertisement

Time to start wearing adult diapers and eating dinner at 5pm

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

I can't be this old

I wasn't yet a teenager in those Mcgahee Miami years, so forgive me for asking. But he was like THAT pre-knee injury, correct? Like an absolute freak of nature in terms of size/speed/explosion?
Someone like @TheSwagger1 can attest, and those around here should know I'm not into hype, but [perhaps stupidly] on the old Rivals board, I compared Willis' skill set (the physical) to OJ Simpson. Ha. Hyperbole, I now realize.

Watching Willis in that Spring of 2001 was wild. He'd routinely break long runs against a defense with so many stars it's difficult to list them all. P-Buch has always been a favorite Cane CB of mine. And, I remember on one Willis long run, he had to really push to catch him. If anyone remembers P-Buch's speed, dude was electric. You see something like that and see Willis' size in person, and yeah, it was impressive. I only remember that because I said that exact story at the time. Standing up there on those track bleachers.

I don't want to derail this thread, so I'll say that I hope his son has 1/4 of that athletic ability and maybe his mother passed down the wiggle/flexibility/bend genes. Ha.

Someone like @TheSwagger1 can attest, and those around here should know I'm not into hype, but [perhaps stupidly] on the old Rivals board, I compared Willis' skill set (the physical) to OJ Simpson. Ha. Hyperbole, I now realize.

Watching Willis in that Spring of 2001 was wild. He'd routinely break long runs against a defense with so many stars it's difficult to list them all. P-Buch has always been a favorite Cane CB of mine. And, I remember on one Willis long run, he had to really push to catch him. If anyone remembers P-Buch's speed, dude was electric. You see something like that and see Willis' size in person, and yeah, it was impressive. I only remember that because I said that exact story at the time. Standing up there on those track bleachers.

I don't want to derail this thread, so I'll say that I hope his son has 1/4 of that athletic ability and maybe his mother passed down the wiggle/flexibility/bend genes. Ha.
If he hadn't had the devastating knee injury he would have been better than OJ. He still had 8400 yards when some feared he might not play again. Never forget that screen pass against FSU in 2002 when we down 27-14 in the 4qtr...the old Orange Bowl was absolutely rocking!

Advertisement

You can tell as many stories as you like, they're fun to read.

1640111194893.png

His dad was that dude! He did things humans shouldn't be able to do on the field. And he looked like the baddest MF'er doing it - the #2, with the dark visor. I cried when he blew out his knee in the championship game. Such a warrior! Hope his son continue to develop and ends up here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He was ahead of Gore until he got hurt Gores freshman season. Also looked **** good at FB the year he played there some
Gore beat him out the summer of 2002 only weeks before his 1st acl.....I also remember walking with Phillip Buchanon on campus Feb of 2002 (just weeks after Rose Bowl NC) and I was ranting & raving about Portis play the 2nd half of the past yr, and PB said to me (and I'll never forget it) that McGahee and Gore were going to be better...(of course this was pre-injury Gore)

Advertisement
Back