Willie Taggert Or Manny Diaz

ForeveCane55

Freshman
What a sad state of football in florida, i remember hearing taggert was hired by fsu i was thrilled new that would set their program back, now a year later we go and hire manny diaz and show that we do not give 2 f**ks about football its a shame that we have fell off this bad and the sad part is we have not seen the worst of it manny diaz quite possibly is the most inept hire in the history of this program im hoping for a miracle just dont see it

Sad times in coral gables

Advertisement
Creek_the_Troll.jpg

Advertisement
What a sad state of football in florida, i remember hearing taggert was hired by fsu i was thrilled new that would set their program back, now a year later we go and hire manny diaz and show that we do not give 2 f**ks about football its a shame that we have fell off this bad and the sad part is we have not seen the worst of it manny diaz quite possibly is the most inept hire in the history of this program im hoping for a miracle just dont see it

disgstd.gif

Lets give the guy a shot. I’m not sold or all-in but it’s the hand we were dealt & a fresh start. At minimum he’s showed he’s willing to make changes & I truly do think he’s a “miami guy” who understands what needs to be done.

Advertisement
Either these hires will lead both teams back to where they belong, or one coach will get whooped the next two seasons by the other andbe out of a job soon after.

There's also the middling mediocrity scenario, but I don't want to picture that one...

I haven't tapped my toe on the other side of the line and won’t till I see the staff he hires.But you have to give the guy a chance whether you like the hire or not if your a Cane fan.

Advertisement

I will say this....

In just a few short months with relatively few posts, you’ve achieved status.....

As one of the worst porsters on this site. That’s incredible and says a lot.

Congrats.

Someone posted on here that if you commit suicide, you won’t go to heaven.

I’d like you to test that theory.

Advertisement
I would take Manny over Taggart. Manny knows this program more than most and is willing to change the culture. Give him a shot because if he succeeds everyone on this board who didn't like this hire better eat crow. Cristobal went 7-6 with one of the best QBs in the country in the ****tiest P5 conference. Butch is too old, recruits now don't care about 2001. With Manny we know the defense will be one of the best in the country just trust him to hire the right guy as OC and we'll see what happens. We also need an ace recruiter on defense bc Banda is clearly not one and no one on this staff is. We can't keep losing elite Dade and Broward players. Dropping bags wouldn't hurt either.

Incredible that it's 2019 and actual people in this country are unable to correctly use punctuation.

I'd hold the vote until we see the staffs. Taggert, Briles, and if they bring in decent coaches versus Manny and the bargain bin might not be favorable for us. Hence, administration, boosters, and bagmen on the Handle are ready to make serious changes. We shall see.

Advertisement
Back