Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is what a TRUE CANE is. He's been doing everything possible to get into UM after not having his grades in order. He has been approached by other schools and hasn't even given them a thought. He bleeds Orange and Green!!!

tenor (58).gif

So Williams will arrive in time for fall camp and play this season. That works for the 25th best kid in the class. Lets rinse and repeat that each year until we cap out and have a natural 24 man or less class.

Again, I'm not arguing with you, personally.

There is a separate thread about "big game hunting". There are lots of people upset that we only have 7 slots left (and a lot of good 4-star and 5-star guys still in play), and they think we can pull off another blueshirt miracle on a bluechip player.

Not gonna happen. That is all.

Advertisement
We need to also hope that CMD works out. Each collapse of a HC regime and a new regime coming aboard leads to higher than normal turnover. In our case, we're had two head coaches in five years.

Technically, three head coaches. Some of these kids committed to Golden.

He's nowhere near the level of Seymore and Rodriguez

I'm excessively high on both of these guys, but I've also known both of them before they were teenagers...but sure.

Just from a roster building perspective, I think Moise is better served on the OL. He's a good defensive tackle prospect, too, but how many roster spots on any defense in the modern game are there for 0/1 Tech types? I don't know if he's shown a ton of upside as a pass rusher from the inside to project as more. Not many and no matter how good you are, you're upside is pretty limited, especially making money in the NFL. I'd say we already have enough of these types for this defense for the foreseeable future, so no matter how good you think Moise is at DT - and he can be pretty good - he's got more upside at OL and easier pathway to snaps even if you think his ceiling is lower at the position.

He's got work to do on either side of the ball, but the upside is on the OL, IMO.

I
I'm excessively high on both of these guys, but I've also known both of them before they were teenagers...but sure.

Just from a roster building perspective, I think Moise is better served on the OL. He's a good defensive tackle prospect, too, but how many roster spots on any defense in the modern game are there for 0/1 Tech types? I don't know if he's shown a ton of upside as a pass rusher from the inside to project as more. Not many and no matter how good you are, you're upside is pretty limited, especially making money in the NFL. I'd say we already have enough of these types for this defense for the foreseeable future, so no matter how good you think Moise is at DT - and he can be pretty good - he's got more upside at OL and easier pathway to snaps even if you think his ceiling is lower at the position.

He's got work to do on either side of the ball, but the upside is on the OL, IMO.
I personally don't think he's a take

Advertisement
I've been told to keep my trap shut.
Bro keep info private we will find out in due time I understand people bored during this pandemic and salivating over any type of information of any kind.....lol....we gotta love our cane family for wanting greatness again though

Advertisement
If it means anything, I have him as a solid DT, but a potential pro as an OG.

He can play here at either position, but if he wants to be a meaningful contributor, I think the best chance is at guard.

Either way, if he really stuck with it this long and is going to make it work with Miami, I am stoked for the kid first and foremost. These kids aren't cattle for our favorite teams; they're people living out dreams and most of them work incredibly hard for it. Props to him.

Bro keep info private we will find out in due time I understand people bored during this pandemic and salivating over any type of information of any kind.....lol....we gotta love our cane family for wanting greatness again though

Hence why I was told to let CANE nation know good news is coming but to stay quiet about the details.

Advertisement
Back