Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Advertisement
There is really no loyalty in this game. Always go for the shiny new toy that’s available. Everyone was just fine with the team two months ago. Now it’s forget Moise.

We all want kids to stay loyal and not jump for the bags but we can’t be loyal when all the requirements are met for a kid who has been committed for 2+ years?

Let’s be real, this is Willie Moise’s scholarship they are giving away. Kid is more Miami then any of these last minute switch up kids. And he probably has no other options at this point if he isn’t a take for Miami. His fault? Maybe. But he was all in. Its Miami or nothing and grades and test scores weren’t gonna hold him back.

Was very excited to have him in this class. Can’t help but to feel like he is probably going to get jipped in the end.

Stop it with the "no loyalty" nonsense.

Moise was locked into the "academic redshirt" loss of his freshman year eligibility by the end of his junior year of high school. Miami knew it. Moise knew it.

I'm sure that a conversation was held, over multiple months, where Miami made it clear that the spot was in jeopardy. Stop acting like this is something that happened after National Signing Day.

This isn't the first time, and it will not be the last time, that a high school athlete loses his spot by ******** around for his first 3 years of high school.

Prep school, and then try this whole process a second time.

If you can re-do your first three years of HS in one year, then you can certainly spend a year at prep school, particularly when you are ineligible for your freshman year anyhow.

Stop it with the "no loyalty" nonsense.

Moise was locked into the "academic redshirt" loss of his freshman year eligibility by the end of his junior year of high school. Miami knew it. Moise knew it.

I'm sure that a conversation was held, over multiple months, where Miami made it clear that the spot was in jeopardy. Stop acting like this is something that happened after National Signing Day.

This isn't the first time, and it will not be the last time, that a high school athlete loses his spot by ******** around for his first 3 years of high school.

Prep school, and then try this whole process a second time.

If you can re-do your first three years of HS in one year, then you can certainly spend a year at prep school, particularly when you are ineligible for your freshman year anyhow.
Good Points. @TheOriginalCane

All I’m saying is, Who’s scholarship is up for grabs?Moise
Is Moise eligible to sign right now?
Yes

Doesn’t Matter how he got it done. He got it done.
And this wasn’t much of a discussion before Williams or Walker hit the portal. It was Moise’s spot with small ramblings about some random olineman or WR if Moise didn’t qualify. Coaches were very happy when he got his test scores qualified and could get him in the class.

All in all, is it possible that both Williams and Walker decide not to be in this class? Yes very possible. And I’m sure we would gladly take Moise at this point and everyone would still see it as a W like we did 2 months ago.

Can’t argue with you. Williams is def the play here and you find a way to get Walker and Moise in for next year. We are here to talk, debate. Just thought Id throw some Moise perspective. Coronavirus got me missing Sports man smh....

Why can't our fans seem to comprehend this...

1. Moise met the BASIC requirements for NCAA academic qualification (i.e., being admitted and being allowed to sign an LOI).
2. Since Moise had not taken the required HS courses, and gotten the required GPA, by the end of his JUNIOR year of HS, he is required to be an "academic redshirt" (terrible name for it) under recently changed NCAA rules. Thus, he cannot play until his second year of college, no matter where he goes in D-IA.
3. Moise meets the UM Admissions requirement, by virtue of the higher SAT score.
4. HOWEVER, since NSD, Miami has continued to recruit and may no longer have an IC slot for him.
5. If he goes anywhere to get an AA, he would have to wait until he completes the AA to transfer to a D-IA school.
6. Most top programs are probably full on ICs at this point, thus he may have to pick a "lesser" D-1A school (for now) and then potentially to transfer next year when IC slots re-open again.

So you telling me the article from the herald saying he still needs grades to qualify is bs?

Advertisement
So you telling me the article from the herald saying he still needs grades to qualify is bs?

What "article from the herald"?

It has been stated, on this board and by people who know Moise, that he needed to improve his test score.

And it has been made abundantly clear that Moise had to retake a bunch of classes in the past year to get his grades up, and while he QUALIFIES on a basic level, he has already failed the "academic redshirt" rule and will be ineligible to play in his first year in Division I-A.

I have no idea what "article from the herald" you are talking about, so provide it rather than vaguely alluding to it.

Good Points. @TheOriginalCane

All I’m saying is, Who’s scholarship is up for grabs?Moise
Is Moise eligible to sign right now?
Yes

Doesn’t Matter how he got it done. He got it done.
And this wasn’t much of a discussion before Williams or Walker hit the portal. It was Moise’s spot with small ramblings about some random olineman or WR if Moise didn’t qualify. Coaches were very happy when he got his test scores qualified and could get him in the class.

All in all, is it possible that both Williams and Walker decide not to be in this class? Yes very possible. And I’m sure we would gladly take Moise at this point and everyone would still see it as a W like we did 2 months ago.

Can’t argue with you. Williams is def the play here and you find a way to get Walker and Moise in for next year. We are here to talk, debate. Just thought Id throw some Moise perspective. Coronavirus got me missing Sports man smh....

Scholarship slots are not engraved with names. Clearly, the reason that Moise didn't get an LOI on National Signing Day was because he had not qualified AT THAT TIME, and we didn't want to be subject to the NEW rule that causes you to lose an IC slot if a signee fails to qualify (even though he never enrolls).

While I'm sympathetic for the kid, Moise didn't do what he needed to do by NSD. As such, "his scholarship" is at risk.

This is not some contract. "Hey, I got it done, where's my LOI." Time is of the essence. He needed to get it done before NSD. The SAT/ACT is administered 10 times per year. He had plenty of opportunities to get his score before NSD.

I'm not down on the kid, I'm just pointing out that this isn't "disloyalty" on Miami's part.

And I'm pointing out the specific circumstances because (a) Miami takes academic progress very seriously, and (b) Moise might be better off prepping for a semester or two, seeing as how he will be ineligible to play anyhow.

Just my 2 cents, no need for anyone to get defensive. I'm not negative towards Moise, just being honest and pointing out that Miami has done nothing wrong.

Scholarship slots are not engraved with names. Clearly, the reason that Moise didn't get an LOI on National Signing Day was because he had not qualified AT THAT TIME, and we didn't want to be subject to the NEW rule that causes you to lose an IC slot if a signee fails to qualify (even though he never enrolls).

While I'm sympathetic for the kid, Moise didn't do what he needed to do by NSD. As such, "his scholarship" is at risk.

This is not some contract. "Hey, I got it done, where's my LOI." Time is of the essence. He needed to get it done before NSD. The SAT/ACT is administered 10 times per year. He had plenty of opportunities to get his score before NSD.

I'm not down on the kid, I'm just pointing out that this isn't "disloyalty" on Miami's part.

And I'm pointing out the specific circumstances because (a) Miami takes academic progress very seriously, and (b) Moise might be better off prepping for a semester or two, seeing as how he will be ineligible to play anyhow.

Just my 2 cents, no need for anyone to get defensive. I'm not negative towards Moise, just being honest and pointing out that Miami has done nothing wrong.
Who the **** even knows if he’d stay qualified while at Miami.

What "article from the herald"?

It has been stated, on this board and by people who know Moise, that he needed to improve his test score.

And it has been made abundantly clear that Moise had to retake a bunch of classes in the past year to get his grades up, and while he QUALIFIES on a basic level, he has already failed the "academic redshirt" rule and will be ineligible to play in his first year in Division I-A.

I have no idea what "article from the herald" you are talking about, so provide it rather than vaguely alluding to it.
Here ya go ****nut.

Advertisement

Well Put.

Similar to the Prep schools in the north east, IMG now has a Post Grad program

Advertisement
Advertisement
About a week ago on Twitter they said the OL coach was going to be head of the PG program

I stand correct, this is from their website

POST-GRADUATE TEAM
Post-graduate student-athletes will compete in a dedicated PG schedule against a minimum of 6 teams during the Fall of 2020. This team will practice with the National Team year-round while also having unrivaled exposure to visiting collegiate programs. Post-graduate student-athletes will not jeopardize their eligibility by enrolling in the program, and they will have the opportunity to develop both on the field and personally prior to committing to the college of their choice.

Paywall, fvcknut.

Learn to cut-and-paste, doesn't have to be the whole article.

you spew off stuff as if it is facts when you have no inside knowledge, I ask if the article saying he still needs grades to qualify is BS, you say WhAt ArTiClE, I provide a link, you say paywall and ask for a copy and paste.... well guess what the quote says this "Moise still needs the grades to qualify"

So are we back to square one there asshat?

You could also just pay the 2 bucks a month...

Yup it sucks for the kid, but thats the way of life. No one is going to sit around and wait on you to be an adult.

Advertisement
Back