Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

probably not “good”, but Jeremy Lewis was a capable offensive lineman as a senior after switching from DT
The 2012 o line was actually pretty solid. He was a rotational guy and wasn’t bad. Linder, Henderson, Bunche, Flowers, McDermott, Feliciano all got plenty of snaps. Lewis and Ben Jones got time too and Jones was actually really good against Ga Tech then he blew his knee out.

Advertisement
can someone explain why he automatically is an academic redshirt even if he gets his qualifying gpa and test score????

can someone explain why he automatically is an academic redshirt even if he gets his qualifying gpa and test score????

Can someone actually read the rule? It's pretty obvious and self-explanatory.

You have to have a certain GPA and certain core courses by the end of your JUNIOR year. The rule is designed to prevent a kid who retakes 4 years of high school classes in 1 year from playing as a college freshman, forcing him to focus on academics for one year.

Guys, I heard that Willie is now in talks with Coastal Carolina. Doesn’t look like he might be in this class. But Coastal Carolina? Again, it’s not 100% confirm but sounds like that’s the route the young man has to go.

Advertisement
Guys, I heard that Willie is now in talks with Coastal Carolina. Doesn’t look like he might be in this class. But Coastal Carolina? Again, it’s not 100% confirm but sounds like that’s the route the young man has to go.
Maybe he gets an Associates degree there then transfers back to UM?

Christ on a bike. They were looking at me for baseball. That'd suck if he ended up there.

Christ on a bike. They were looking at me for baseball. That'd suck if he ended up there.
A couple of Edgewater kids signed to play there this year. That’s the only connection I can see there. I’m just surprised that if he can’t get into Miami that his next best option would be Coastal Carolina. I hope not.

A couple of Edgewater kids signed to play there this year. That’s the only connection I can see there. I’m just surprised that if he can’t get into Miami that his next best option would be Coastal Carolina. I hope not.
I thought he got his test score? Is his GPA that bad?

Advertisement

Well, if he doesn't get in, you can't blame the staff for lack of effort. In any case, Diaz is in "win-now" mode and Moise may not be ready to start in year 1. If the OL isn't better and the record doesn't improve significantly, Diaz isn't going to be coaching Moise even if he's in the class. Really needs to get those plug and play transfers now.

I thought he got his test score? Is his GPA that bad?
That was the word. He meets the NCAA clearinghouse standards to play D1 football, but I don’t know if he has the requirements for Miami. It’s either that or Miami is moving on. And at this point, there’s not a lot of D1 program focused on the 2020 class. So, perhaps Coastal Carolina is the only option if Miami really doesn’t have any room for him or he can’t get in.

Why can't our fans seem to comprehend this...

1. Moise met the BASIC requirements for NCAA academic qualification (i.e., being admitted and being allowed to sign an LOI).
2. Since Moise had not taken the required HS courses, and gotten the required GPA, by the end of his JUNIOR year of HS, he is required to be an "academic redshirt" (terrible name for it) under recently changed NCAA rules. Thus, he cannot play until his second year of college, no matter where he goes in D-IA.
3. Moise meets the UM Admissions requirement, by virtue of the higher SAT score.
4. HOWEVER, since NSD, Miami has continued to recruit and may no longer have an IC slot for him.
5. If he goes anywhere to get an AA, he would have to wait until he completes the AA to transfer to a D-IA school.
6. Most top programs are probably full on ICs at this point, thus he may have to pick a "lesser" D-1A school (for now) and then potentially to transfer next year when IC slots re-open again.

Advertisement
If Moise really wants to come to Miami, then his best bet might be prep school for a year.

He already has to sit out for one year (academics), and Miami absolute LOVES its Academic Progress ranking, so if Moise needs to take a bunch of college prep courses (Pre-Calc, etc.) to be able to take Business School courses (80% of the athletes are in the B-School), then he should take a year to prep.

Advertisement
There is really no loyalty in this game. Always go for the shiny new toy that’s available. Everyone was just fine with the team two months ago. Now it’s forget Moise.

We all want kids to stay loyal and not jump for the bags but we can’t be loyal when all the requirements are met for a kid who has been committed for 2+ years?

Let’s be real, this is Willie Moise’s scholarship they are giving away. Kid is more Miami then any of these last minute switch up kids. And he probably has no other options at this point if he isn’t a take for Miami. His fault? Maybe. But he was all in. Its Miami or nothing and grades and test scores weren’t gonna hold him back.

Was very excited to have him in this class. Can’t help but to feel like he is probably going to get jipped in the end.

Why can't our fans seem to comprehend this...

1. Moise met the BASIC requirements for NCAA academic qualification (i.e., being admitted and being allowed to sign an LOI).
2. Since Moise had not taken the required HS courses, and gotten the required GPA, by the end of his JUNIOR year of HS, he is required to be an "academic redshirt" (terrible name for it) under recently changed NCAA rules. Thus, he cannot play until his second year of college, no matter where he goes in D-IA.
3. Moise meets the UM Admissions requirement, by virtue of the higher SAT score.
4. HOWEVER, since NSD, Miami has continued to recruit and may no longer have an IC slot for him.
5. If he goes anywhere to get an AA, he would have to wait until he completes the AA to transfer to a D-IA school.
6. Most top programs are probably full on ICs at this point, thus he may have to pick a "lesser" D-1A school (for now) and then potentially to transfer next year when IC slots re-open again.

Or he can go to Prep school like Fork Union which he should.

Advertisement
Back