Willie Moise (going to Coastal Carolina)

Advertisement
Willie told Ivins that he got the score he needed too.
With the way everything is going in regards to recruiting especially for those who didn’t sign he will be placed in real limbo if Miami doesn’t let him sign. He’s been loyal to Miami and hasn’t really wavered and just in terms of a prospect he’s a really good player. Hope we honor his scholarship if it’s true.

With the way everything is going in regards to recruiting especially for those who didn’t sign he will be placed in real limbo if Miami doesn’t let him sign. He’s been loyal to Miami and hasn’t really wavered and just in terms of a prospect he’s a really good player. Hope we honor his scholarship if it’s true.

And he attends a pipeline school that's been pretty good to us.

If Miami wasnt going to let him sign, we would have went harder for a GT OL.

I love how Manny stuck by the kid and held his spot until it was known he would get the score or not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna DT Willie Moise committed to Miami all the way back in March of 2018.

And he never decommitted.

But with his academics not shored up, he didn’t sign in the December or February periods.

Now?

Moise said he’s received the test score he needed to be fully qualified. And he plans to report to Miami in the summer or fall, depending on when school is re-opened off the coronavirus outbreak.

“It’s the same thing for me as it’s been since my sophomore year, the school I’ve been committed to,” Moise said. “I just talked to them a couple of days ago with my dad, talked to coach (Todd) Stroud. He said to keep grinding, he’s happy for me (getting the test score), to stay focused on the rest of school.”

Moise is now finishing up online classwork to graduate on time.

“Miami still does have room for me, literally has one spot,” Moise said.

He says, if for some reason something falls through the cracks, which it could because Miami has been exploring other options in recent months, that several other schools have also reached out to see if he’ll consider them.

But right now he’s all Cane.

“I’m excited,” he said. “Miami wants me to start off on defense, but I can play any position they want (Moise has also been projected by some as a future offensive lineman).”

His goals in Year 1?

“As a freshman I want to come in and show that I’m for the team, build up status and relationships,” Moise said. “And I think the team is going to be great. I see the change happening, they just need to make it happen.”

Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna DT Willie Moise committed to Miami all the way back in March of 2018.

But with his academics not shored up, he didn’t sign in the December or February periods.

Now?

Moise said he’s received the test score he needed to be fully qualified. And he plans to report to Miami in the summer or fall, depending on when school is re-opened off the coronavirus outbreak.

“It’s the same thing for me as it’s been since my sophomore year, the school I’ve been committed to,” Moise said. “I just talked to them a couple of days ago with my dad, talked to coach (Todd) Stroud. He said to keep grinding, he’s happy for me (getting the test score), to stay focused on the rest of school.”

He says, if for some reason something falls through the cracks, which it could because Miami has been exploring other options in recent months, that several other schools have also reached out to see if he’ll consider them.

“I’m excited,” he said. “Miami wants me to start off on defense, but I can play any position they want (Moise has also been projected by some as a future offensive lineman).”

His goals in Year 1?

“As a freshman I want to come in and show that I’m for the team, build up status and relationships,” Moise said. “And I think the team is going to be great. I see the change happening, they just need to make it happen.”
Good for him I really hope it works out.

Advertisement
If Manny drops this kid, then he needs to get his *** beat. I know Moise isn't a 5 star but this kid committed early and has stuck with his commitment during last years mess of a season and has worked his *** off to make sure he qualifies. Would be an absolute kick to the **** if he gets dropped. Redshirt him and let him play o line and compete for a spot in 2021. Time to get drunk now.

Advertisement

Now?

His goals in Year 1?

Considering no elite o lineman or corners are available in the portal right now I see no way he's dropped and his scholly not being honored. Him and Eli Roberts is a very good DT haul for 2020. Just hope we even see the team play at all.

Lol he honestly won’t. Not at OG or DT and I’m a huge fan of Moise especially at DT. Let’s remember he did have surgery so he still has to recover from that and at guard we have Traore, Scaife, Donaldson, Reed (possibly Clark). Don’t see him being physically ready enough to play at DT so he more than likely redshirts.

He will not be eligible as a freshman for academic reasons.

I know a lot of people like to call that an "academic redshirt". The problem is, he'll be ineligible for the entire year. He can't play in 4 games, he can play in 0-point-0 games. At least with a normal "redshirt", if you have injuries or whatnot, you can burn the redshirt year and play the kid. Moise won't play until 2021.

Advertisement
Back