2023 William Fowles '23 WR offered

Interesting, Fowles is moving on from Dade Christian to Avante Garde

Advertisement
For those that have seen him play or watch highlights, tell me why he isn’t another Michael Redding or Frank Ladson.

Ulitmatley, Gattis and the coaches get judged by their evaluations and ability to develop talent. My expectations are significantly higher with the current staff so hopefully we avoid the “looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane“ syndrome.

He is faster, better separation, and attacks the ball better than Redding.

Ladson is faster but not nearly as strong. Ladson should be a much better player. He has tools.

It goes to show why few prospects are “can’t miss”. You don’t know how they will adjust psychologically to the rise in level until they play. The most important traits can’t be seen on tape or measured on a track. You don’t know if they have that dog until gameday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He is faster, better separation, and attacks the ball better than Redding.

Ladson is faster but not nearly as strong. Ladson should be a much better player. He has tools.

It goes to show why few prospects are “can’t miss”. You don’t know how they will adjust psychologically to the rise in level until they play. The most important traits can’t be seen on tape or measured on a track. You don’t know if they have that dog until gameday.
I've been banging the Fowles drum since day 1 and all I can say is that besides all of the great measurables and numbers etc ... What jumps off the screen to me is very simple. The kid is just a straight up natural. He just has the gift and he loves the game. Getting Fowles should be a priority. We can't let a kid like this slip through our hands.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back