Will We Ever Be Back?

No. I feel the admins is consciously pushing the basketball program to be the premiere sport at UM...and I think they are consciously degrading football to the point of total irrelevance. In five years no one will care anything about the sport at Miami and it will be the rock bottom worst team in the ACC. (****, we're almost THAT already!)

Miami football will never be any good in what's left of my lifetime.....and I doubt it will be in some of you youngsters' lifetimes, either.

Sorry to be so bleak, but them's the facts, folks and we all know it. The school just ain't that into CFB anymore. Forgitaboutdit.

pushing the basketball program? didn't coach L have to punch them in the face to get a job?

Yeah. Isn't that pathetic? The dumbasses lucked out on that hire just like they did with a couple football coaches in the '80s. What a sadazz bunch! (They'll make as much money off of that but once he retires, the chitshow will be back at the BUC, too.)

Worst run university in the country: Yesterday, today, and, sadly, forever. Am tired of defending the damned place.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No. I feel the admins is consciously pushing the basketball program to be the premiere sport at UM...and I think they are consciously degrading football to the point of total irrelevance. In five years no one will care anything about the sport at Miami and it will be the rock bottom worst team in the ACC. (****, we're almost THAT already!)

Miami football will never be any good in what's left of my lifetime.....and I doubt it will be in some of you youngsters' lifetimes, either.

Sorry to be so bleak, but them's the facts, folks and we all know it. The school just ain't that into CFB anymore. Forgitaboutdit.

pushing the basketball program? didn't coach L have to punch them in the face to get a job?

Yeah. Isn't that pathetic? The dumbasses lucked out on that hire just like they did with a couple football coaches in the '80s. What a sadazz bunch!

Worst run university in the country: Yesterday, today, and, sadly, forever.

maybe football wise. penn state, unc, and fsu have cases when it comes to "worst run university"

One day in a galaxy far far away, the dark lords of the Miami administration will accidentally hire a real coach. Before the have a chance to realize their mistake, we will be in the playoff and win the NC.

Isn't that exactly what happened in the '80's?

schnellenberger, johnson, erickson are hardly the same mistakes as coker, shannon, golden

Yeah. Isn't that pathetic? The dumbasses lucked out on that hire just like they did with a couple football coaches in the '80s. What a sadazz bunch!

Worst run university in the country: Yesterday, today, and, sadly, forever.

maybe football wise. penn state, unc, and fsu have cases when it comes to "worst run university"

PSU is now off the hook. Don't expect much to happen with UNC and FSU. They're state schools. They can get away with ANYTHING, even raping kids.

Advertisement
One day in a galaxy far far away, the dark lords of the Miami administration will accidentally hire a real coach. Before the have a chance to realize their mistake, we will be in the playoff and win the NC.

schnellenberger, johnson, erickson are hardly the same mistakes as coker, shannon, golden

That WHO I'm referring to. These clowns hired Howard, and, in spite of themselves, the football team got better and won a couple of championships. Tad Foote HATED the football program. The present admins LOVES that we suck. I'm totally convinced of that.

That WHO I'm referring to. These clowns hired Howard, and, in spite of themselves, the football team got better and won a couple of championships. Tad Foote HATED the football program. The present admins LOVES that we suck. I'm totally convinced of that.

Howard was the offensive coordinator at Alabama under Bear Bryant and won like 6 national titles.

Then he was the offensive coordinator for the Dolphins under Don Shula and won the super bowl (only undefeated team in history).

Then he was the head coach for the Baltimore Colts.

Any administration that hires a guy with credentials like THAT..... they're trying to win some football games.

By the way, Tad Foote wasn't president when Schnellenberger was hired.

I guess the last decade or so has me jaded, but I'm not sure they'll ever get back to being a consistent power. The thing is, they'll always attract great talent and churn out NFL players. However, I'm starting to agree with the people who fear that the football program is being phased out of importance by the administration.

I guess the last decade or so has me jaded, but I'm not sure they'll ever get back to being a consistent power. The thing is, they'll always attract great talent and churn out NFL players. However, I'm starting to agree with the people who fear that the football program is being phased out of importance by the administration.

You knew they let this program die the day they tore down the old lady...

2447056761_0700a21548_t.jpg

Advertisement
No. The college game has passed miami by. Talent alone isn't enough anymore. You need money, facilities, strength and conditioning, nutrition, etc etc. This is where we've been left behind. We won't be able to keep up and hire the right staff. We'll always have talented players. But that alone isn't enough

Butch Davis doesn't need any of that crap.

He just finds talented, hungry athletes, and coaches them up.

They seem to have more endurance, speed, and quickness than most strength and conditioning programs have, and he can do it for whatever money Golden has.

Just need a HC who's a winner

Plenty of talent down here for there to be potential

0 for 3. what makes you think this admin can even find one?

At one point Alabama hired Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price and Mike Shula. My point being that even the most football dedicated school in the universe makes big time mistakes when it comes to coaching hires.

So yes, Miami will be back. Miami will always be one good coach away from being elite.

No. The college game has passed miami by. Talent alone isn't enough anymore. You need money, facilities, strength and conditioning, nutrition, etc etc. This is where we've been left behind. We won't be able to keep up and hire the right staff. We'll always have talented players. But that alone isn't enough

This is ridiculous, nothing has passed Miami by. Schemes and philosophies may change over time but football is the same as it ever was: good coaches putting players in positions to succeed wins football games. Not facilities, not stadiums, not a fanbase, not money.

By your own admission you say Miami will always have talented players. Once those are paired with good coaching, Miami will win big.

Talent isn't the issue. We had talent this year. Just get a good coach. Unfortunately with this admin that is easier said than done.

We will be back, but how long depends on the next president.

Advertisement
we were back this year with a competent coach

I dont see how you lose at this place really

This should be the first question asked to the next president at the introductory press conference. We need to get someone from the student newspaper on board with the hijack. The new person can shove the planned fluff right up their a$$- "World class institution....medical school....diversity....medical school....transform....elite....thank you, Donna.....medical school.....far from the days of Suntan U....".

Advertisement
Never back. They will hire another football hating liberal for U President, and the **** will continue

Just need a HC who's a winner

Plenty of talent down here for there to be potential

0 for 3. what makes you think this admin can even find one?

Never said I thought the admin could.

Just saying it only takes 1 dude to not be a ******* ******. It's not that hard to be successful here. Talent everywhere.

Am I saying we're going to be as dominant as we once were? No. But it's not hard to be a **** good team (perennial top 15) at Miami.

Advertisement
Back