Will We Ever Be Back?

If we go from incompetent to above average, the floor is 9 games rather than the current ceiling.

Advertisement
It isn't ridiculous. Because we're not going to hire a sure thing. So that means we have to hire smart and find a gem. You have any faith that will happen?

If he isn't fired for 7-5 in year 4 he will never be fired. The bar is too low at this point.
Win half your conference games, famu and a sht team?
He will go 8-4 next year lose coarstal and lhfao as he is retained again for trending up

Advertisement
No...find another team

The popular conversation every time Miami wins about 3 games in a row is "Are they back?"

Well this season is in the ****ter again, so I'm wondering do any of you think we will be back? Ever?

I honestly don't think we will ever see a 83-94 type stretch run of dominance, but I do think we can get back to a 2 out of every 5 year type of playoff contender. Its just going to take the right type of coaching staff. One that is aggressive on both sides of the ball, one that recruits South Florida 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Or do you think Miami as we once knew it will never be back, but a 9-3 best case type team?

No. The college game has passed miami by. Talent alone isn't enough anymore. You need money, facilities, strength and conditioning, nutrition, etc etc. This is where we've been left behind. We won't be able to keep up and hire the right staff. We'll always have talented players. But that alone isn't enough

Bull****. It's purely a political will problem. I give you two examples of what the right coach can do for a program:

http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-footbl/tcu-m-footbl-body.html

http://www.gostanford.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=127013

Neither program had to pay out the *** to land their guys.

Advertisement
A Baylor fan here just dropping in as I had hopes that you would finally stop the inexplicable FSU run. In Big 12 country where we play with 10 teams, there has been talk of the need to get back to 12 or more teams. My humble view has been we should go after FSU and another. Perhaps the other could be (in a perfect world for us) Miami. Any views about whether a conference shift might improve recruiting and any support behind football at the school if it resulted is more $$$?

This may be an old and tiring topic like in the Big 12?

A Baylor fan here just dropping in as I had hopes that you would finally stop the inexplicable FSU run. In Big 12 country where we play with 10 teams, there has been talk of the need to get back to 12 or more teams. My humble view has been we should go after FSU and another. Perhaps the other could be (in a perfect world for us) Miami. Any views about whether a conference shift might improve recruiting and any support behind football at the school if it resulted is more $$$?

A basketball school in a football conference? I don't know if it will work.

Isn't Big 12 picked this year as the pre-season top b'ball conference? You would add there, baseball, and .... football. If ATM had won again this year in the SEC, it might be a nice object lesson for how moving can create energy. I'm happy they didn't but Missouri may be the better example. I would love to have Miami in our conference!!

Advertisement

I think that would require us having an administration that actually gives a ****, which they don't.

Btw, is this some sort of passive-aggressive attempt at ******* with us????

On a serious note, how does it feel having a competent head coach? Been so long for us...

I think that would require us having an administration that actually gives a ****, which they don't.

Btw, is this some sort of passive-aggressive attempt at ****ing with us????

On a serious note, how does it feel having a competent head coach? Been so long for us...

No it's just my opinion. There are plenty (too many) of threads on www.baylorfans.com about conference alignment - so many it has its own category. There was a good bit of talk when ATM and Missouri left about the Big 12 going after a number of teams other than TCU and WVU, most notably FSU, Clemson, and GT. I recently threw Miami into the endless discussion. I think many would like the Big 12 to get back to 12, minimum, and the rankings dispute with TCU currently has the topic again raising its head as a means for a 'real' conference championship game. It would be a dream addition to add FSU and Miami picking up the Florida TV market along with two historically strong teams with one struggling to find its way. My guess is UT would be absolutely against it for fear of losing Texas recruits to Florida schools but the doors swing both ways. We can always dream!

Briles is a God-send and no less for Baylor. If you think your team is struggling, check our record since the departure of Teaff and arrival of Briles. The real fans weathered that storm and it was a mind numbing experience none of us will forget!!

Last edited:
Only chance is we hire a president that believes in the value of a football program otherwise no and definitely not with this staff.

Horrible fit for South Florida style athletes

Advertisement
If the big 12 wants a Florida team they should go after UCF. They've got lots of potential. It would suck for the big 3 (Miami, FSU, UF) but it would be a solid addition IMO.

Our admins care more about being in the "academic" conference than winning so us moving to the big12 has a close to zero percent chance of happening.

Never back. They will hire another football hating liberal for U President, and the **** will continue

Errant finger tap - sorry but I disagree.
But this brings up a good question - is there a way on the board to rescind a like?? I've never had to before - just wondering.

Advertisement
Back