Will We Beat A&M?

Will we beat Texas A&M?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I’m watching is exactly what I thought we were playing. It’s definitely a winnable game but it’s only game one, i don’t take much from these early season games. But a Jimbo O , new qb and athletes everywhere. There’s dudes all over that front.

Advertisement
He loves throwing into double coverage.
The Rock Love GIF by The Kelly Clarkson Show
I’ve watched every snap of this kid this game & he’s making throws against Sam Houston ST that won’t be there against teams with much better personnel...

Also as a former CB I’m noticing that he’s tipping his passes, meaning he’s telegraphing throws, he’s got bad eyes as a QB, he doesn’t know how to manipulate coverages with his eyes yet...

Basically, he’s a very young QB with only 1 start under belt, which means he’ll be vulnerable to disguised looks & mixed exotic coverages.

I’ve watched every snap of this kid this game & he’s making throws against Sam Houston ST that won’t be there against teams with much better personnel...

Also as a former CB I’m noticing that he’s tipping his passes, meaning he’s telegraphing throws, he’s got bad eyes as a QB, he doesn’t know how to manipulate coverages with his eyes yet...

Basically, he’s a very young QB with only 1 start under belt, which means he’ll be vulnerable to disguised looks & mixed exotic coverages.
He has talent but he’s still playing in a fog ( rightfully so). He’ll either be a different guy by seasons end or Max to the rescue.

I’m not impressed with him or his arm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's without question a winnable game for Miami but we have seen what this program has done over recent history. See Mich St game from last year. Even last year, team basically punted whole halves of games. This is a new regime and to be honest, Miami has an A+ coaching staff now. All I ever hear is its all about coaching. Go win this game and if you don't, lets not it be because of turnovers and penalties like we have seen time and time again.

Pulling our legs LCE? I'm surprised especially with the win margin.
No, I really think we win handily if Haynes King starts.

If Max Johnson was starting I wouldn’t pick a winner at all, not because Max Johnson is a good QB or anything because he’s not, but he’s safe, which means he would protect the ball & take checkdowns all day, which would make the game harder for us on the Road because it decreases our margin for error.

I’ve been saying since last year that this game was the more winnable game between our 2 toughest games on the schedule & I’ve also said if it were on a neutral field we’d win going away, the only reason why there was ever any cause for hesitation is playing @ College Station & if we play slow B1G ball trying to pound the rock...

But if we open up the field & throw it around, we win going away IMO, as long as the Offense isn’t handcuffed with being too conservative we can score on TAMU, just like Ole Miss, Miss ST & LSU did. I also think King as a young QB with very little starts will be able to deal with Kevin Steele’s Defensive gameplan &

If Sam Houston ST a FCS school can make him play into mistakes with some of their coverage looks, than Miami can do so as well, except with much better players & a way better Defensive staff.

Advertisement
😂 the nerve of folks acting like we about to play Bama, or something.. all cause they in the big bad SEC 😒. These dudes ain’t did nothing.. and don’t look so great to me..

WE WIN!!!!
It's true. If A n m were still in the Big 12 we would be like of course we can beat them

Ive never seen a team get so much hype by simply changing a conference

No, I really think we win handily if Haynes King starts.

If Max Johnson was starting I wouldn’t pick a winner at all, not because Max Johnson is a good QB or anything because he’s not, but he’s safe, which means he would protect the ball & take checkdowns all day, which would make the game harder for us on the Road because it decreases our margin for error.

I’ve been saying since last year that this game was the more winnable game between our 2 toughest games on the schedule & I’ve also said if it were on a neutral field we’d win going away, the only reason why there was ever any cause for hesitation is playing @ College Station & if we play slow B1G ball trying to pound the rock...

But if we open up the field & throw it around, we win going away IMO, as long as the Offense isn’t handcuffed with being too conservative we can score on TAMU, just like Ole Miss, Miss ST & LSU did. I also think King as a young QB with very little starts will be able to deal with Kevin Steele’s Defensive gameplan &

If Sam Houston ST a FCS school can make him play into mistakes with some of their coverage looks, than Miami can do so as well, except with much better players & a way better Defensive staff.
I like what I'm reading. I feel more confident than many on this board and I actually predicted a win. My only fear was their home field advantage and if our players get intimidated by the crowd. The good thing though we don't have many young players starting and most have been in hostile environments before.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back