We need to win two more.

Remaining schedule:
10/31 @ Duke 6-1
11/7 Virginia 2-5
11/14 @ North Carolina 6-1
11/21 Georgia Tech 3-5
11/27 @ Pittsburgh 6-1

Advertisement
It's 50/50. Miami should beat Virginia and with Kayaa back Miami could upset one of the other opponents.

Advertisement
Well, being "bowl eligible" doesn't mean ****. There are at least 35 bowls. That means over half the teams in 1-A go to bowls and many of the become "bowl eligible" by including wins over 1-AA teams (like us last year). It's pitiful.

At best we will be 2-3 over the final stretch so, while possible I say unlikely. Duke, UNC, and Pitt are losses. VT should be a win, but that guy owns Golden's ***. GT could roll over us because our defense won't be able to stop the triple option.

All these teams need to do is run a up-tempo or hurry up offense and we will be lost. Dorito can't think fast enough to call in a formation and the kids will be running around and won't be in position when the ball is snapped, as usual.

Advertisement
It might be a good thing if we are bowl eligible. Assuming Golden is already going to be fired at the end of the season or whenever. If we can name a coach prior to the bowl game he can be there to watch and it will give the players a chance to prove what they can do in front of the new coach as a spectator as well as give him a chance to evaluate them live one time to get a head start on the offseason.

I might be overthinking this but it really can't hurt. Unless it somehow keeps golden's job then **** no

I hope not. I hope to lose the rest of the games. I don't want to see Folden celebrate anything else in his career at Miami, or football in general. Celebration is for winners, and he is not.

Advertisement
Yes, the team will still be eligible to buy kitchenware from WalMart.

We need to win two more.

Remaining schedule:
10/31 @ Duke 6-1
11/7 Virginia 2-5
11/14 @ North Carolina 6-1
11/21 Georgia Tech 3-5
11/27 @ Pittsburgh 6-1

We need to win two more.

Remaining schedule:
10/31 @ Duke 6-1 LOSS
11/7 Virginia 2-5 LOSS
11/14 @ North Carolina 6-1 LOSS
11/21 Georgia Tech 3-5 LOSS
11/27 @ Pittsburgh 6-1 LOSS

They all look like losses.

Advertisement
It might be a good thing if we are bowl eligible. Assuming Golden is already going to be fired at the end of the season or whenever. If we can name a coach prior to the bowl game he can be there to watch and it will give the players a chance to prove what they can do in front of the new coach as a spectator as well as give him a chance to evaluate them live one time to get a head start on the offseason.

I might be overthinking this but it really can't hurt. Unless it somehow keeps golden's job then **** no

You're not overthinking it at all. Theoretically we absolutely want to be bowl eligible for all the reasons you mentioned. Realistically it's almost hard to even want until Golden is officially fired because nobody trusts Flake or the BoT. Every extra practice post-Golden (even if the new HC is just "observing") would be extremely valuable though so that's one of the reasons they should just fire him now.

Advertisement
Back