Will UM devise a new NIL deal to keep up?

It’s not up to UM to set up NIL deals. It’s up to businesses that want to spend money for endorsements.

Maybe I can afford the backup punter to come by my repair shop for a meet and great

Advertisement
The stories about SMU way back when.... Wow....
On a side note I watched WWE Raw last night and they have NIL deals with various college athletes.... In both men's and women's sports..... Good on WWE I guess ...

WWE is desperate for exposure. It’s crazy to even say that, out loud, but they r in a dog fight w/ the new promotion AEW & didn’t take them seriously. I believe this is a way to get them back popular w/ a younger generation & more exposure from those w/ a strong social media following. Win/win for both parties.

's. The stories about SMU way back when.... Wow....
On a side note I watched WWE Raw last night and they have NIL deals with various college athletes.... In both men's and women's sports..... Good on WWE I guess ...
Yeah, they had a legit slush fund.

On a different note, a good friend played at Univ. of Arizona in the early 1980's alongside Ricky Hunley. He said that before every game, they would have an envelope in their locker with cash. He would get $400 per game. Ricky was getting double or triple that, LOL. Anyway, the whole team NIL is just putting the money out in the open.

Advertisement
Lots in the works. It’s a tricky situation fwiw BUT everyone knows what’s up and no one is sleeping. Fact
fleshing things out with some folks too. If you know people PM so we can combine forces and game plan. Miami’s biggest strength is numbers, this city loves winners. Getting the right players in place will go a long way.

WWE is desperate for exposure. It’s crazy to even say that, out loud, but they r in a dog fight w/ the new promotion AEW & didn’t take them seriously. I believe this is a way to get them back popular w/ a younger generation & more exposure from those w/ a strong social media following. Win/win for both parties.
They're just spreading themselves out more... I mean if it puts money in athletes pockets I'm all for it.... And don't be surprised to see WWE sold sometime soon or least Vince stepping down and Nick Khan taking over.... Looks like where thats headed...

The ONLY chance, and I do mean ONLY chance for us to compete in NIL, is to buy out Mario, make Deion Sanders our head coach, make Justin Flowe the face of every NIL/endorsement conceivable, and convince Jadon Haselwood to back out of his Arkansas transfer.

Advertisement
These head coaches have some much other BS to deal with now. Social media, media, facilities arms race, NIL arms race, etc. Guess that's why they are getting close to 10Mill a year but still. Keep the main thing, the main thing, football.

Look, when they are screaming "Let's Ride" from the Hilltop and getting the Pony Express (OGs of pay for play) back together, you know the NCAA has lost control...

https://brobible.com/sports/article/smu-million-nil-****erson-boosters-money/

Advertisement
Look, when they are screaming "Let's Ride" from the Hilltop and getting the Pony Express (OGs of pay for play) back together, you know the NCAA has lost control...

https://brobible.com/sports/article/smu-million-nil-****erson-boosters-money/
But geez we are getting players $500 a month and are being looked into? Un fking real

Correct, school can only provide guidance to the athletes and they review deals, but can't legally facilitate any deals
But what's the deal with Boosters ? I was under the impression, wrongly perhaps, Boosters could not offer NIL deals.

I guess it depends on how you define 'Booster'.

Advertisement
It’s going to get crazy..you already have players like Bryce Young making millions and that was BEFORE winning the Heisman…how much you think he’s gonna make this year when every person with any type of business is gonna want him to represent them including national brands.Wait until brands like coca-cola or one of the tech companies gets involved who have millions to spend.

Kid wins the Heisman again this year coming up which he will be the favorite to do he will be worth 40-50 million before he heads to the NFL.It might even make premier players stay when they can stay in college for multi-millions .

Advertisement
Back