Will UM devise a new NIL deal to keep up?

Hufftwoseven

Y’all know Cribby got caught with the ratchet
I know we did well leading the path for NIL when it all started with the MMA gym deal but things have sky rocketed lately. Schools left and right are announced NIL deals for their football teams. Notably OSU Ewers deal, he’s now rumored to be getting $4M from Texas, don’t know the details. Texas is committing ridiculous $$$ to NIL including 50k per year for lineman or something.

John Ruiz has been all over Twitter as the new money guy in town about the stadium, which is cool I think it’s good for the program. But do we think he’s got a NIL deal in work soon? Idk how much Mario will be able to do when every SEC school/Texas school will be offering everyone 50k annually.

Advertisement
I know we did well leading the path for NIL when it all started with the MMA gym deal but things have sky rocketed lately. Schools left and right are announced NIL deals for their football teams. Notably OSU Ewers deal, he’s now rumored to be getting $4M from Texas, don’t know the details. Texas is committing ridiculous $$$ to NIL including 50k per year for lineman or something.

John Ruiz has been all over Twitter as the new money guy in town about the stadium, which is cool I think it’s good for the program. But do we think he’s got a NIL deal in work soon? Idk how much Mario will be able to do when every SEC school/Texas school will be offering everyone 50k annually.
Can't wait to see Texas' ROI for these latest moves. For the last 15 years, they've gotten back close to **** for their "big money status."

NCAA is bent about a booster giving our players $500 a month. If we come anywhere close to the deals the other schools are doing they will not only punish the athletic department but likely close down the medical and law schools as well.

I mean they just committed $8M annually to Mario (for 10 years), an ACC-most $8M annually for a staff and $3M annually making Radakovich the highest-paid AD in college athletics. Billionaire boosters also talking up local stadium options.

Safe to say the University of Miami is doing all it can to field a winner and championship-caliber football program—of course they're working tirelessly to be a player in the NIL space and to capitalize on the large, diverse, business-heavy, metropolitan city in their backyard.

Advertisement
I mean they just committed $8M annually to Mario (for 10 years), an ACC-most $8M annually for a staff and $3M annually making Radakovich the highest-paid AD in college athletics. Billionaire boosters also talking up local stadium options.

Safe to say the University of Miami is doing all it can to field a winner and championship-caliber football program—of course they're working tirelessly to be a player in the NIL space and to capitalize on the large, diverse, business-heavy, metropolitan city in their backyard.

Fair enough. I just wasn’t sure if there has been rumors out there yet on more NIL. Close thread lol

Advertisement
If it were me I'd have someone in the athletic dept who's only job was to look for NIL deals. The best selling point is the affect a good/bad Miami team will have on someone's business. Help pay kids with a NIL deal and the payoff is larger than they realize. Just look at what happens when a professional star athlete leaves a city.

Getting the best recruits leads to more on field success. More on field success leads to more people wanting to be a part of it (even if its just going to games) and spending money to do so. The more success the players have the more popular they become on social media. That popularity directly helps a business when those players are being paid to advertise for and represent said business. Besides, paying a college players to represent a business as part of a NIL deal is waaaay cheaper than a massive ad campaign.

No. We will never have Texas money. But yes, its possible to keep up.

I’ve seen that deal actually adds up to $150k per year for lineman. Also estimated $4M for Ewers

Advertisement
wasn't the MMA guys whole thing to create a master company/organization to have people/companies pour money into.. Similar to what UT is doing.. We just haven't collected enough...

Unless I am mistaken NIL deals are only to be monitored by schools for compliance to apparently vague regulations. Schools are not to arrange NIL deals. They are not to be a 3rd party. This is a misuse of NILs, potentially misusing them as a recruiting inducement or as pay-for-play arrangements by boosters,

Or so I read...but like anything regarding CFB it will be taken advantage of in a multitude of ways, and the NCAA will selectively pursue investigations into potential violations.

Advertisement
Unless I am mistaken NIL deals are only to be monitored by schools for compliance to apparently vague regulations. Schools are not to arrange NIL deals. They are not to be a 3rd party. This is a misuse of NILs, potentially misusing them as a recruiting inducement or as pay-for-play arrangements by boosters,

Or so I read...but like anything regarding CFB it will be taken advantage of in a multitude of ways, and the NCAA will selectively pursue investigations into potential violations.
Correct, school can only provide guidance to the athletes and they review deals, but can't legally facilitate any deals

U must’ve forgot about SMU’s Death Penalty. Lol. SMU may be a G5 school, but they r in the heart of Texas Gold, and have boosters w/ deep, oily pockets.
The stories about SMU way back when.... Wow....
On a side note I watched WWE Raw last night and they have NIL deals with various college athletes.... In both men's and women's sports..... Good on WWE I guess ...

Advertisement
Back