Will Mallory

2 TE sets (Brevin/Mallory)😰.... It's going be a spectacle and I ain't sorry 🙌🖕🏾

He's nothing to get giddy about as a freshman. What can a skinny freshman Tight End possibly give you? Marshall once had a tight end named Cody Slate who actually did it weighing below 230:
1528835803455.png

But, this is Miami and homie is not playing against chump teams.

I hope he balls, but not many 'kids' can't do what Cody Slate or Issac Nauta have done.

Advertisement
I think Homer legitimate is a high 4.3 guy

#22 in this clip is Terrell edmunds first round draft pick to the Steelers, he ran a 4.47 at the combine

Not to be so contrary, but Homer is just like Walton: short, compact, but more explosive than fast.

In the video, Homer was able to run from the middle hash to the sideline; Homer had a favorable angle.

Disclaimer: Once I saw Mike James run a 4.5, my perspective on RB speed changed. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

He's nothing to get giddy about as a freshman. What can a skinny freshman Tight End possibly give you? Marshall once had a tight end named Cody Slate who actually did it weighing below 230:
View attachment 60565

I hope he balls, but not many 'kids' can do what Cody Slate or Issac Nauta have done.

Honestly I don't think he needs to put up those type of numbers to be considered a success in year 1. Catch some big third down balls, some red zone jump balls, and stretch the middle of the field deep because he has great speed and range and it will open up a lot of space in the passing game. That's what I am hoping for at least.

Not to be so contrary, but Homer is just like Walton: short, compact, but more explosive than fast.

In the video, Homer was able to run from the middle hash to the sideline; Homer had a favorable angle.

Disclaimer: Once I saw Mike James run a 4.5, my perspective on RB speed changed. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
You sleep, I’m a walton fan but homer is on a completely different level in terms of athleticism(his spark rating out of highschool was 125 plus which is elite). And he’s explosive and fast at the same time period

And since when is 5’11 short for a running back? You got the wrong athletic profile with homer

Homer sure looked like a high 4.3 guy when he ran that td vs va tech. Wouldn’t be surprised If he’s legitimately in the 4.3 range since he ran a Nike opening 4.48. We know lingard has elite speed and Jeff Thomas and mike Harley times are legit imo

Redwine time seems way off. He’s a 4.55-4.60 guy imo

Everybody's time is off, not just Redwine's.

Advertisement
But Homer has never had a jump cut like Walton. Not even close. This is more running ability than speed, but what is skill without application?

Homer has a weird running style for a little guy. His strides are long and powerful. Discounting body type, he runs very similar to Lagarette Blount. Idk, all imo.

View attachment 60565

I hope he balls, but not many 'kids' can't do what Cody Slate or Issac Nauta have done.

Kellen Winslow II came in at 6'4 205 and then had a monster year as a Soph, my guess is he probably played around 230-235 that year. He weighed in at 251 at the NFL combine after his junior year. David Njoku had a similar progression as well and ended up 6'4 246 at the NFL combine after 3 years at the U. Mallory will contribute this year due to lack of depth but a year with Gus will do him wonders.

Advertisement
Honestly I don't think he needs to put up those type of numbers to be considered a success in year 1. Catch some big third down balls, some red zone jump balls, and stretch the middle of the field deep because he has great speed and range and it will open up a lot of space in the passing game. That's what I am hoping for at least.
20 catches, 300 yards, 4-5 touchdowns would be an amazing year for Mallory in 2018.

Everybody's time is off, not just Redwine's.
Not as much as redwine a, I think Lingard, Harley, Thomas and homer are legit high 4.38-4.43 guys give or take. Richards time seems about right coming off that injury he had last season

He is moving very well with the added weight. I watch him run 10.99 In the 100m while weighing 220. He had to outweigh all of the other runners by at least 30 lbs. He also ran the 110m hurdles, in which he looked extremely fluid and very athletic. Kid is a freak!

This is maybe the fastest Cane team I've ever seen.. Wow @ 6 people running under a 4.40!

I wouldn't get too excited over this...
Remember 2016? (Numbers are supposedly from summer of 2016)
Ahmmon Richards 4.31
Braxton Berrios 4.33
Ryan Mayes 4.37
Michael Jackson 4.38
Malek Young 4.4
Terrance Henley 4.41
Trayone Gray 4.44
Corn Elder 4.44

2015?
Jermaine Grace 4.38

2014?
Phillip Dorsett 4.21
Herb Waters 4.39
Duke Johnson 4.42 (4.33)
Malcolm Lewis 4.43
Corn Elder 4.46
Antonio Crawford 4.47
Stacy Coley 4.48
Jermaine Grace 4.49 (4.43)
Gus Edwards 4.58 (4.49)
Raphael Kirby 4.64
Tyriq McCord 4.66
Denzel Perryman 4.71
Al-Quadin Muhammad 4.78
Demetrius Jackson 4.85
Chad Thomas 4.91
Anthony Chickillo 4.91
Uf. Kamalu 4.91

football speed is different than a 40 time in slick gear
Ryan Mayes 4.37
Terrance Henley 4.41

Advertisement
Not as much as redwine a, I think Lingard, Harley, Thomas and homer are legit high 4.38-4.43 guys give or take. Richards time seems about right coming off that injury he had last season

Is that before or after they shaved?

Jesus wept, now we have Broke predicting NFL combine numbers to the hundredth decimal point.

Warrior, good points. But I like the names at the top of those speed lists -- Richards, Berrios, Grace, Dorsett, Waters, Duke, Malcolm Lewis. Whether or not coaches shaved 1/10th of a second or so off the 40 times, there's at least some correlation between speed and play-making potential. Lewis is supposedly the fastest player on the Dolphins per the Miami Herald.

Richt and staff need to keep pumping out elite athletes like these kids, and do it across the 2-deep, not in a lumpy way like Coker/Shannon/Golden, where one position is NFL-caliber while two more are FIU-caliber. The wins will come. We no longer have Patrick Nix, James Coley, Mark D'Onofrio as our game coordinators.

Advertisement
I wouldn't get too excited over this...
Remember 2016? (Numbers are supposedly from summer of 2016)
Ahmmon Richards 4.31
Braxton Berrios 4.33
Ryan Mayes 4.37
Michael Jackson 4.38
Malek Young 4.4
Terrance Henley 4.41
Trayone Gray 4.44
Corn Elder 4.44

2015?
Jermaine Grace 4.38

2014?
Phillip Dorsett 4.21
Herb Waters 4.39
Duke Johnson 4.42 (4.33)
Malcolm Lewis 4.43
Corn Elder 4.46
Antonio Crawford 4.47
Stacy Coley 4.48
Jermaine Grace 4.49 (4.43)
Gus Edwards 4.58 (4.49)
Raphael Kirby 4.64
Tyriq McCord 4.66
Denzel Perryman 4.71
Al-Quadin Muhammad 4.78
Demetrius Jackson 4.85
Chad Thomas 4.91
Anthony Chickillo 4.91
Uf. Kamalu 4.91

Ryan Mayes 4.37
Terrance Henley 4.41

Thank you for posting this. I don't know why anyone even pays attention to college timed 40s.

I disagree, Homer is one of the fastest rbs in the country. He’s much faster than Walton

View attachment 60565

Not saying he is going to put up those kind of numbers he's #2 TE behind Jordan! He will be lined up outside alot were not saying hes gonna have 1000 yards his height is a mis match he's fast with very good hands! Just expect some big plays linebackers will be to slow an dbs will be to small jus sayin..

Advertisement
Back