Will Mallory Ranked Top 10 TE

Mallory averaged 2 catches per game. With his talent no reason he shouldn’t average 4 catches per game at least.

That's just over five catches per game for our TEs. Which is good but not great.
With our depth and talent level I feel we should target at least 8 catches per game for our TEs.
I love Brevin and Mallory skill set..but neither are a Kyle pitts game changing type talent to be force feeding them 8-10 targets..So again, our TE production was good. Our 2nd leading pass catcher was Brevin who missed 3 games. We had very good balance on offense last szn

Advertisement
He's patched together like Frankenstein and needs to get stronger, but he's a good white TE.

There will be several TEs drafted ahead of him in 2022.

He's patched together like Frankenstein and needs to get stronger, but he's a good white TE.

There will be several TEs drafted ahead of him in 2022.

DDF121F5-7574-4C0C-9BD7-C2AD8DDE2007.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love Brevin and Mallory skill set..but neither are a Kyle pitts game changing type talent to be force feeding them 8-10 targets..So again, our TE production was good. Our 2nd leading pass catcher was Brevin who missed 3 games. We had very good balance on offense last szn
Brevin was the only Cane to show up for UNC, the rest just took it the **** all afternoon. Anyone who thinks Mallory is a better TE than Brevin is delusional.

I don't think I'm wrong in asserting that white TEs are often viewed as "blocking" TEs: slow, lumbering meat-heads with good enough hands and who aren't considered a major threat as pass catchers. Of course, there are exceptions. So for a white TE Mallory is probably above average in athleticism but below average in blocking. Does anyone disagree? If he was a CB, RB or WR you'd have no issue if his race was mentioned. I mean have you ever heard of a "blocking TE" who isn't white?

Mallory averaged 2 catches per game. With his talent no reason he shouldn’t average 4 catches per game at least.

That's just over five catches per game for our TEs. Which is good but not great.
With our depth and talent level I feel we should target at least 8 catches per game for our TEs.
Thank you. Like I’ve said a bunch of times already, Mallory was severely under utilized for how shi •¥ our wr play was last year.

Advertisement
Brevin was the only Cane to show up for UNC, the rest just took it the **** all afternoon. Anyone who thinks Mallory is a better TE than Brevin is delusional.
True. At no time was will better than Brevin while here. But I’d say Mallory has some tools that Brevin doesn’t. If Mallory is healthy throughout he can have a better singular szn than Brevin had at Miami

I don't think I'm wrong in asserting that white TEs are often viewed as "blocking" TEs: slow, lumbering meat-heads with good enough hands and who aren't considered a major threat as pass catchers. Of course, there are exceptions. So for a white TE Mallory is probably above average in athleticism but below average in blocking. Does anyone disagree? If he was a CB, RB or WR you'd have no issue if his race was mentioned. I mean have you ever heard of a "blocking TE" who isn't white?
Your on hot streak right now

Mallory’s blocking needs to improve but lets be honest and admit that even at the pro level many teams don’t use their TE on the line anymore. TE’s are basically on the field to create mismatches ala Kyle Pitts The knock on Pitts was his blocking and nobody in the NFL cared come draft day.
And if you don’t think Mallory can catch the ball, or is flexible, or is fast, go back and watch the Louisville game. Watch the pass that was called back for the bogus false start, or watch the touchdown catch in that game.
Not-so-bold prediction; Mallory will be drafted in the top 2 rounds next year and has a chance to sneak into the 1st round if he stays healthy and UM wins at least 10.
the whole he doesn't make tough catches, he's slow...unathletic. Well this disproves all of that.

That wasn’t a tough catch. He definitely has some speed and is somewhat elusive. He has be more consistent catching contested balls. That is how he will get more targets

Advertisement
When your 2nd and 3rd wr played the way both of ours did last year, and you’re not targeting both at minimum 5 times a game?

Will doesn’t fit any of the stereotypes Rok the PAoRsTEr brought up..but the fact he’s of Eurocentric has nothing
to do with it

That wasn’t a tough catch. He definitely has some speed and is somewhat elusive. He has be more consistent catching contested balls. That is how he will get more targets
the TD he caught was tougher. He expected it to his right, King threw it to his left, and he adjusted.

When your 2nd and 3rd wr played the way both of ours did last year, and you’re not targeting both at minimum 5 times a game?
Again. The production doesn’t support this narrative much. The TEs were heavily involved..I’m just going off facts

Advertisement
Back