Will Mallory expectations

Imagine if Mallory get's in the swing of things. ****, you could argue that he was a way better deep threat than brevin, minus the YAC ability brevin had.

As for NFL potential, Mallory is well on his way to playing a role similar to Noah Fant of the Broncos. Not really used in-line, but has the ability.
I keep thinking Evan Engram. I don't know that he's as athletic as Fant.

Advertisement
I'll add that Mallory played through injury last year. Lashlee schemed him open, but he wasn't as dynamic as he can be.

IIRC, he originally got hurt on what was his best play of his career thus far, and of course in typical Miami style, it didn't even count. Louisville game. I don't think he was ever really himself from then on out.

Advertisement
Seeing that we dont have a legit WR1, I hope Mallory could be a real difference maker for us next year. He's a matchup nightmare and Lashlee has shown that he create those mismatches.

Just praying the guy can stay healthy

If he could work on his body and bulk up to simply make separation like a grind type he could be deadly he is sneaky quick

Advertisement
Engram was 4.42. Fant was 4.50

Mallory isn't in that league - but a mid to low 4.6 would be a win for him
Fant was an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier than Engram. Fant also tested slightly better in explosive areas like vertical and broad. I think of Engram as more of a big WR. Fant could be a true TE, though his heart isn't into blocking.

Agreed that 4.6 would be good for Mallory and like him as an NFL prospect.

If Lashlee can get a consistent deep threat on the outside Mallory is gonna get a ton of accolades. There’s no reason he can’t have 700 yards if he’s healthy.

Advertisement
I think he will be a very good security blanket in the passing game, but he is an absolute ***** in the run game, he's soft as baby ****. I hope he improves on that

Advertisement
In the games in which he was targeted more he actually played well.

His best games were vs Pitt, UVA, NC St & OK St, he also had a huge chunk yardage play vs LVille that got called back, but he’s the kind of player that when you feed him more he actually steps up & was reliable weapon for King when Brevin was out. He also improved as a blocker last season, still not very good at Blocking but not as bad as he was early in his career. Definitely more of a receiving TE.

I don’t think he’ll have a Hunter Henry/Harrison Bryant Mackey award type season, mainly because in this offense Harley & Rambo will probably get most of the targets, but he can be an effective chain mover in the intermediate between the 20’s & once in the Red zone presents a good threat to use off play action Zone read options by King.

I’m expecting something like 35-38rec 530+yds for 5TD’s for Mallory this season.

High ceiling, low floor(due to durability, Jaelan same deal coming into SR season). Love him as TE1 but my curiosity is in what he could open up in 12 personel for Hodges & Aryollo - could either be a consistent redzone threat? Does Lashlee ever run 12 in the RZ?

He's big and he can run. When he gets the ball he runs angry. His blocking has steadily improved. That's more than you can say for a lot of TEs but I don't see untapped upside. He's an effective role player.

I could see him having a career like Blake Jarwin in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back