Will Mallory after dropping key 2-point conversion

Advertisement
I saw Mallory on the sideline doing NOTHIN' with some reallllll questionable body language when Baxa was shanking kicks and our secondary was playing 25 yd cushions on 4th and 17s.

F*ck Mallory. Cost us the game.

Pass the polyurethane. I need a real deep whiff to keep up with some of the things we cherrypick around here.

The TEs are the least of our problems.

Advertisement
I don't know how to re-phrase my initial statement. If you can't see the comparison, you can't or just don't want to. No one is forcing them to play and get a free education. Some kids don't have that choice. I can empathize and do with "real life" burdens but if they are so impactful personally that they don't care about winning perhaps they chose the wrong life path and I suspect the coaches would love to know which ones do not care because there is another kid out there who does. If you're implying we should applaud kids simply for playing I don't believe in participation trophies.

JMHO. It is ok to disagree.
How did putting rings on after making a great catch that gave us the lead show that Mallory doesn’t care about winning? Had he struck that pose after ******** Baxa shanked the kick then I’d think you might have a valid point.

How did putting rings on after making a great catch that gave us the lead show that Mallory doesn’t care about winning? Had he struck that pose after ******** Baxa shanked the kick then I’d think you might have a valid point.

It does not and tweed implied the lack of care on the part of :insert whatever player here:. I was just responding to his post.

I have no issue with Mallory celebrating a TD. None.

Only issue I have is throwing up highlights immediately after a loss. Wait a day or two. That is just me.

It does not and tweed implied the lack of care on the part of :insert whatever player here:. I was just responding to his post.

Only issue I have is throwing up highlights immediately after a loss. Wait a day or two. That is just me.
Thanks, T.

Advertisement
Orrrrrrrrr maybe, JUST MAYBE these kids have sooooooooo many more things going in their lives that their entire life's worth & happiness isn't predicated upon the outcome of a football game.
There are dumb things posted in here, and then there’s this beauty. Holy Jesus.

There's celebrating a TD, and then there's celebrating a TD after letting his teammates down by committing another crucial error. Had Mallory caught the TD followed by Hightower or Jordan dropping the conversion I'd have no issue either. But it was his drop that gave some momentum back to UNC. Because of his error, all they needed was a FG to win it, and that gave them belief.

When UNC made their 2-point conversion to make it a 3-point game with 1 minute left you could see their confidence growing. I'm all for the players having fun but would have preferred to see him visibly pained by what had just occurred, which was another of his mistakes costing the team dearly. I wonder if he was given an award or a big trophy for "best touchdown".

There's celebrating a TD, and then there's celebrating a TD after letting his teammates down by committing another crucial error. Had Mallory caught the TD followed by Hightower or Jordan dropping the conversion I'd have no issue either. But it was his drop that gave some momentum back to UNC. Because of his error, lll they needed was a FG to win it and that gave them belief.

When UNC made there 2-point conversion to make it a 3-point game you could see their confidence growing. I'm all for the players having fun but would have preferred to see him visibly pained by what had just occurred, which was another of his mistakes costing the team dearly.

Rok im sure someone handed him the rings. He didnt pull them out of his *** amiright?

Advertisement
Melt those rings and donate the gold to the Bahamas

Agree.

Never liked anything about Touchdown Rings in the first place.

Turnover Chains for the defense getting the ball back—all day. The defense is supposed to stop an opposing offense from moving the ball forward. TAKING the ball back from them, by way of a turnover (not on downs) is above and beyond, so rewarding that is fine.

The offense's f**king job is to score. You should've over-reward doing one's job.

Based on Mallory's ineffectiveness against Florida and drop of a game-changing two-point conversion—would've had more respect for the kid if he passed on the gloating opportunity there.

Advertisement
When UNC made their 2-point conversion to make it a 3-point game with 1 minute left you could see their confidence growing. I'm all for the players having fun but would have preferred to see him visibly pained by what had just occurred, which was another of his mistakes costing the team dearly. I wonder if he was given an award or a big trophy for "best touchdown".

Incorrect. Mallory's two-point drop was the difference between a 25-20 lead and 27-20, had he caught it. A field goal was never going to win.

His catch would've put North Carolina in piston to not go for two when they scored minutes later, as they'd have taken the PAT to tie the game, 27-27.

Of course Miami needing to go for two in the first place was rooted in Baxa missing a PAT attempt; the Canes trailing 20-19 instead of tied 20-20.

Regardless, immature of Mallory to gloat at all after a dropped two-point conversation that at worst would leave you tied, instead of in a position where a touchdown beats you—as it ultimately did.

If you listened to brevins post practice presser he said the team is not focused on that stuff and just wants to win. Cam said the same. Said he got them but didn’t make a big deal about it cause they just want to win. The team is thinking and saying the right stuff. Let’s see how they respond

Incorrect. Mallory's two-point drop was the difference between a 25-20 lead and 27-20, had he caught it. A field goal was never going to win.

His catch would've put North Carolina in piston to not go for two when they scored minutes later, as they'd have taken the PAT to tie the game, 27-27.

Of course Miami needing to go for two in the first place was rooted in Baxa missing a PAT attempt; the Canes trailing 20-19 instead of tied 20-20.

Regardless, immature of Mallory to gloat at all after a dropped two-point conversation that at worst would leave you tied, instead of in a position where a touchdown beats you—as it ultimately did.

****. You know what I meant lol.

Thanks for correcting. My bad.

Advertisement
Back