Will King get it done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero excuses this year. Better coaches, older players, experienced OL, rbs, dbs, Enough for a Star QB needs to get the job done.

Need to see more out of King. I just see a great athlete that is comfortable winning and losing. Afraid of this fame getting to his head. Would love to see him in Better shape (Should have been in better shape last year too). I'm not sure why he bulked up at Miami. Seems like a great leader for a ymca team but we need him to take demand and get the best out of the players. Dorsey would have been yelling at pope etc... King may be to nice and soft to get the job done. Honest truth.. He's comfortable -Inside source

King is the least of this team's problems

The weight of our success or failure does not fall solely on any one player's shoulders.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Didn't UNC loose to FSU last year? Do you recall the score at the end of the day. If I also recall correctly, we destroyed FSU last year. so what does that tell you my friend?

Hmmmm.....Tells me that our defense needs to improve significantly for us to reach the next level

King? Their D got absolutely destroyed by UNC and Clemson (Nc State and Louisville too) and he was stuck throwing to no hands 6 and 8 all season. I’m sure he will hope to improve in certain areas but how is King the question? More like can Manny run a D that doesn’t get gashed for a 50 burger against UNC or can the young wide receivers take over?

Well put. Defense got manhandled often last year putting the kid in shootouts, behind that Swiss Cheese offensive line and a bunch of alligator-armed receivers.

Still not sold on this offensive line, but hope I'm wrong. More "experience" doesn't equate in toughness. Hope these kids developed more of a mean streak this off-season.

King will be fine—barring the line does its job, the running game is there and receivers catch the damned ball (meaning coaches need the right personnel in there and can't stick with "experienced" guys who can't catch.)

Do I think King is a playoff caliber QB? No
Do I think we are far better with him? Yes

he single handedly won us a few games last year. If he leaves here with, say, 20 wins in 2 years I think that’s successful. We don’t have a CFP level roster or (to this point) head coach. He’s actually exceeded my expectations as to what he’s done for the program on and off the field

Advertisement
Do I think King is a playoff caliber QB? No
Do I think we are far better with him? Yes

he single handedly won us a few games last year. If he leaves here with, say, 20 wins in 2 years I think that’s successful. We don’t have a CFP level roster or (to this point) head coach. He’s actually exceeded my expectations as to what he’s done for the program on and off the field
Do you think king can lead a playoff caliber team to a playoff birth..I do. QB is the most important singular piece in football. But it takes the guys around him to step up. Example: Tom Brady doing what he did in Tampa. Yes Tom get the credit but it wasn’t until that defense got red hot for them to take off

I doubt it

not sure why you wanna rile up CIS tho, but this will certainly do it

Advertisement
That Mack Brown could not even beat an FSU Team that we raped and pillaged. This makes Mack Brown a rape victim, raped by a pathetic FSU team

We really could care less about how Mack Brown did against FSU. Why should we?

Miami fans only care about how WE did against Mack Brown . Because that's the only thing that was/is in Miami's control

WE DON'T DEPEND ON FSU TO FIGHT OUR BATTLES

We really could care less about how Mack Brown did against FSU. Why should we?

Miami fans only care about how WE did against Mack Brown . Because that's the only thing that was/is in Miami's control

WE DON'T DEPEND ON FSU TO FIGHT OUR BATTLES
Then don't bring up Mack Brown, bring up Mike Norvell-- We played both. Both FSU and Miami played UNC last year.

Our WR group was so weak that they lost us numerous games, killing drives, and floundering at crucial points of our season.
Their ineptness probably affected some of the calls that Coach Lash would like to have called, and may have affected our game plans .
Improve there,............ and get our RB's going............... and we will have an interesting season....

Advertisement
Idk about that take OP. Pretty sure we go 10-1 with King at QB if the D is on point.....only loss I say we got with King last year would've been the Clemson game....(w/o counting ACC title game rematch vs Clemson.....)

King may not have NFL measurables etc but that doesn't mean he can't be an elite level college football QB. If we make it out of the Bama game without major injuries, here's a few things we can count on:

1: Manny will fix the defense (w/Bob Shoop as his eye in the sky)....from Game 2 onward there will be zero UNC level games defensively
2: King and the OFF will not regress.....they will improve which will bode well for us.

The one question mark we have is our True Freshman placekicker....will he show up when the bright lights turn on? Time will tell

Baby Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo

Advertisement
Then don't bring up Mack Brown, bring up Mike Norvell-- We played both. Both FSU and Miami played UNC last year.

For most Miami fans, it's kinda hard to forget a 62-26 550+ rushing yard NONSTOP NATIONAL TV *** whipping.

I still thank Gawd every day for game clocks because I thought that debacle would NEVER end.

For most Miami fans UNTIL WE GET OUR REVENGE / NOT FSU's that won't easy to forget.

Glad it's so easy for you....by childishly IMAGINING sorry assed, pathetic FSU getting your revenge. Sorry but you can keep that for yourself.

As for the rest of us,......we'll let OUR REAL CANES get our revenge. OUR WAY

Because we fight our own battles ......not hide behind someone else's skirt...sweet dreams man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back