Will it ever get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whol
I remember when I was 8 years old watching the National championship and watching the greatest team in college football history absolutely dominant Nebraska and literally made them look like a FCS school, we were fast, tough and played hard nosed assignment based football. Then slowly the football program began to die over the years, the Ohio State National championship game was the start of everything, ever since then it's been downhill! We have become a joke of College football! Every year it's the Same BS! We start the year with a ton of hype thinking it's our year!!! And then by Week 2 we realize it's a lie.

I watch a lot of college football due to my love for the Miami Dolphins and following players for the NFL draft. So I watch all the top tier Programs and we look absolutely nothing like them!! They are well coached, they rarely missed tackles, they have exotic fronts and are able to scheme their WRs and etc. When I watch us, it's looks absolutely nothing like that, we miss easy Tackle's, we blow assignments left and right, it literally looks like 11 people all doing their own thing instead of working as a team.

Will it ever change? Is our once great program dead for good?
The culture of this program has to change to get back to that level. Everyone from the president,AD,head coach, assistant coaches and players have to buy in that we're going to compete at the highest level. I don't think we can do what we did in the past without the support of the whole school. There's a lack of accountability and discipline in this program.

It's like what Mike said to Walt in breaking bad "no more half measures". We need to be all in as a program. We can't just hire a new coach and wait for him to git gud. We have a **** good defensive staff right now but it doesn't mean squat when we're running the most undisciplined defensive scheme in college football. We're wasting their talents as coaches.

On offense we have some good coaches but when our head coach doesn't command respect and accountability we get a team that misses assignments and gets penalties,drop passes and isn't physical.

I at least got to grow up in the 80s and see most of our greatest seasons but it's been so long since we were consistently good let alone consistently in the title hunt. I think alot of us are starting to wonder if we'll ever get back to that. Some of us just want to compete and win the coastal. Sometimes i just wanna detach myself from watching this team but every year I come back because every season there's hope that it'll change. That's been dashed in the first 10 minutes of the first game

Advertisement
Programs kind of like Manny. If it hasn’t came around by now it probably never will.

Advertisement
Those fat ACC checks are padding the bank accounts of the BOT and higher ups at the school. Winning football games is at the bottom of the list of the priorities. Shalala permanently damaged the football program. Maximizing profit and minimizing overhead has become the norm at this once proud football program.

I remember when I was 8 years old watching the National championship and watching the greatest team in college football history absolutely dominant Nebraska and literally made them look like a FCS school, we were fast, tough and played hard nosed assignment based football. Then slowly the football program began to die over the years, the Ohio State National championship game was the start of everything, ever since then it's been downhill! We have become a joke of College football! Every year it's the Same BS! We start the year with a ton of hype thinking it's our year!!! And then by Week 2 we realize it's a lie.

I watch a lot of college football due to my love for the Miami Dolphins and following players for the NFL draft. So I watch all the top tier Programs and we look absolutely nothing like them!! They are well coached, they rarely missed tackles, they have exotic fronts and are able to scheme their WRs and etc. When I watch us, it's looks absolutely nothing like that, we miss easy Tackle's, we blow assignments left and right, it literally looks like 11 people all doing their own thing instead of working as a team.

In a word yes. There’s been a plan in place since manny was hired. Everything is happening and will continue to happen exactly as was expected. Not hyperbole….. we’re closer than most think. Process and patience. Let the season play out and we’ll all see together if manny is the guy or the last step before we pop. Faith and patience are lost arts. Fwiw he’s probably not. 🙌

Advertisement

There is a word for a "fan" like you, and that word is groupie. Look it up.

Nothing is handed to you. Before Shnelly put the U on the map he said “A bowl is our goal.” This fan base does not have that mentality yet. How about we focus on winning back to back bowl games before getting our hopes up over division and conference titles? National titles? Pfft. Crawl before you walk.

We need to stop living N the past guys and gals...live N the here and now..reality is were going to suck until someone on the field grows up N front of our eyez..someone has to B that spark that ignite the team and ignite these coaches ...Who will it B I dont know who maybe a freshmen bcause theses N quotation super seniors r not cutting it...I guarantee Nxt years team will B the best team we will have since 02 and thats a Big statement...with Rwithout Cmd...WE HAVE some freshman that will get just do playing time..tvD R garcia will B at Qb ...nothing against KING...Soooo we will have to suffer this year with a 4 R 5 win season...i really see us winning 1 more game against central st and maybe duke so 3 wins...They better figure it out this week N practice..The END my friends..fool me once its on..fool me twice its on the hurricanes

Advertisement

No.

Yes.

Advertisement

This is the third time in as many weeks that you post something similar to this.

I think Manny is done here (he'll never improve), but posting the same sentimental dog**** again and again gets redundant. Take it to the Mope thread.

This is the third time in as many weeks that you post something similar to this.

I think Manny is done here (he'll never improve), but posting the same sentimental dog**** again and again gets redundant. Take it to the Mope thread.
My other post after we got embarrassed was about Manny being the fraud he is

In a word yes. There’s been a plan in place since manny was hired. Everything is happening and will continue to happen exactly as was expected. Not hyperbole….. we’re closer than most think. Process and patience. Let the season play out and we’ll all see together if manny is the guy or the last step before we pop. Faith and patience are lost arts. Fwiw he’s probably not. 🙌
👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back