Will it ever get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackmiller974

All ACC
I remember when I was 8 years old watching the National championship and watching the greatest team in college football history absolutely dominant Nebraska and literally made them look like a FCS school, we were fast, tough and played hard nosed assignment based football. Then slowly the football program began to die over the years, the Ohio State National championship game was the start of everything, ever since then it's been downhill! We have become a joke of College football! Every year it's the Same BS! We start the year with a ton of hype thinking it's our year!!! And then by Week 2 we realize it's a lie.

I watch a lot of college football due to my love for the Miami Dolphins and following players for the NFL draft. So I watch all the top tier Programs and we look absolutely nothing like them!! They are well coached, they rarely missed tackles, they have exotic fronts and are able to scheme their WRs and etc. When I watch us, it's looks absolutely nothing like that, we miss easy Tackle's, we blow assignments left and right, it literally looks like 11 people all doing their own thing instead of working as a team.

Will it ever change? Is our once great program dead for good?

Advertisement
I remember when I was 8 years old watching the National championship and watching the greatest team in college football history absolutely dominant Nebraska and literally made them look like a FCS school, we were fast, tough and played hard nosed assignment based football. Then slowly the football program began to die over the years, the Ohio State National championship game was the start of everything, ever since then it's been downhill! We have become a joke of College football! Every year it's the Same BS! We start the year with a ton of hype thinking it's our year!!! And then by Week 2 we realize it's a lie.

I watch a lot of college football due to my love for the Miami Dolphins and following players for the NFL draft. So I watch all the top tier Programs and we look absolutely nothing like them!! They are well coached, they rarely missed tackles, they have exotic fronts and are able to scheme their WRs and etc. When I watch us, it's looks absolutely nothing like that, we miss easy Tackle's, we blow assignments left and right, it literally looks like 11 people all doing their own thing instead of working as a team.

Without even reading the post, I'm going to guess "no" as the most popular answer to the survey...

"It will all come together next year."

hypnotizing season 12 GIF

I was around the same age as you in 01 and the canes were the first sports team i ever watched and became a fan of..it’s definitely starting to feel like we will never get back to that

Advertisement

This is another bullshlt thread. There are literally 200 other threads like this with another hundred thousand comments like this. Shouldn't you go back to celebrating Bamma’s wins, they are a team you support, you should be happy, instead of trying to continue to make everybody else even more miserable.

This is just totally fūcked up. People here have mental diseases and want to make sure everyone is wallowing in misery

Feel lucky you started in the 80’s…I started in the 50’s so I had 25 years of mostly mediocre football followed by the 20 yrs you speak of followed by the last 20 years of mediocre at best football…

oh wait so by that timetable we are about to get into the good twenty years again……naaaaaah.

This is another bullshlt thread. There are literally 200 other threads like this with another hundred thousand comments like this. Shouldn't you go back to celebrating Bamma’s wins, they are a team you support, you should be happy, instead of trying to continue to make everybody else even more miserable.

This is just totally fūcked up. People here have mental diseases and want to make sure everyone is wallowing in misery
Or I'm just accepting the reality of our situation. Man you start arguments with everyone. You do realize you don't have to comment on every post right? If you do not like what someone has to say then just ignore them.

Advertisement
Or I'm just accepting the reality of our situation. Man you start arguments with everyone. You do realize you don't have to comment on every post right? If you do not like what someone has to say then just ignore them.

You and a bunch of other people have “accepted the reality of the situation“ thousands of times. Again just go back to being what you are, a Bama fan, you’ll be happier. You have zero skin in the game anyway, unlike a lot of us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly I don't know. The systemic rot in the whole program is hard to suss out. My best guess is there will be some short term improvement and we might see a quick splash like in 2017 when some if the youngest guys now get older but I think we're a long way from being elite and I don't know how we get there short of a shocking left field hire like landing an Urban Meyer or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back