Will Gattis be replaced for next season?

Will Gattis be retained for 2023?

• Yes

• **** No

• He will stay but be demoted

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cribby's track record speaks for itself.

As for timing re: Gattis, there's a financial interest I'd imagine in allowing him to land on his feet somewhere, while keeping matters on a need-to-know basis(recruits). I could see this playing out similarly to Manny's 'dismissal' of his DC a couple years back. May require a little patience.
I am hoping he is gone Sunday. Need to clear the deck for recruiting. Imperative to have a quality, proven OC on board before the portal is open and well before early signing day.

Advertisement
Gattis doesn’t get along with anybody lol. Not even Ponce and he’s a pretty chill guy. It’s too bad he gif caught up in the abortion which is Gattis. Imo Steele is ok if he chooses to return but I could see one possible change on the D staff.
Do you think guys like Steele and Strong are here to stay?

Just never understood the obsession of calling Cribby out. If you don't believe it or care for it then don't read it.

Y'all are pathetic.

For the record, since I started following Cribby:
- He called LT with a Crybstalball in March or April, months before and when NO ONE had him coming
- Called Tyrique transfer before anyone
- same with DeAndre Johnson
- Blake and Manny gone in September
- Mario coming repeatedly despite excessive fan doubt and BS media reports
- Mauigoa to the U
- Gattis gone a few weeks ago

That's just off the top of my head. Why would someone have a problem with that?

I am hoping he is gone Sunday. Need to clear the deck for recruiting. Imperative to have a quality, proven OC on board before the portal is open and well before early signing day.
Valid points. Portal opens early Dec.?
Mario showed no sense of urgency previously, and is ultra-confident IN HIS ABILITY to sell the program. Just saying don't be surprised if his timeline isn't congruent with ours. And if that happens I'm sure the board will be in full meltdown mode ala Blake Baker.

Advertisement
We'll see how it plays out, but have to believe Mario will send him packing as it sounds like a bad cultural fit all around—and he has the perfect out after 5-6 and that 45-3 loss to Florida State.

Writing was on the wall for Dan Enos after the late-season skid and back-to-back losses to FIU and Duke—the announcement of his firing leaked before Miami even teed it up against Louisiana Tech and were shut-out in the bowl game.

Momentum-wise it will be a real offensive drag going into a new year, a drag for recruiting, etc. to keep this guy.

Advertisement
Bye Gattis, bye Ponce. Been done for weeks.
Until I see a press release or a comment by Mario confirming this, I am not believing this. Every time we think that this team can't be any more dysfunctional, someone says "hold my beer." The only success this team had this season on offense was the two game stretch of UNC and Va Tech when we were airing it out and Gattis' response was that we were passing it too much. Down 4 scores against FSU, Mario's way of getting back into the game was to "establish the run."

Last edited:
Gattis doesn’t get along with anybody lol. Not even Ponce and he’s a pretty chill guy. It’s too bad he gif caught up in the abortion which is Gattis. Imo Steele is ok if he chooses to return but I could see one possible change on the D staff.
Addae would be my guess. DVD was the one mentioned by CM being big in his recruitment. And I think I saw a post where you said he recruits like he is at Georgia.

E30090A4-12D0-49DB-9D28-B2BD8E9E9492.gif

Advertisement
Why should we have ANY confidence in Mario making the next OC hire?
This is where I'm at. Recognizing a bad hire is one thing. Recognizing a bad, outdated offensive philosophy is another. You always hear that offensive linemen prefer run blocking as opposed to pass blocking. This is what Mario wants. So pardon me if I don't hold my breath waiting for anything other than a run-first OC. I'd love to be wrong on this.

Advertisement
So here’s my question about Mario. How did he get this so wrong? Seems like there was plenty of background info that Gattis is an egomaniac, a jerk, rigid, and wasn’t really responsible for Michigan’s offensive success last year.

So here’s my question about Mario. How did he get this so wrong? Seems like there was plenty of background info that Gattis is an egomaniac, a jerk, rigid, and wasn’t really responsible for Michigan’s offensive success last year.

My guess Mario got caught up in the Gattis Broyles nonsense.

Advertisement
Back