Will Dionte Mullins be ready to step up?

Trescerocinco

Retired staff
Premium
With all the madness over the past few weeks at WR in recruiting and the position just being one that is generally in flux at this moment I am wondering what everyone thinks about Mullins and his ability to be an impact player next season. In my opinion he is a big time talent who paired with Richards and berrios/jeff Thomas would give us a WR core that could end up being a strong position group.

Advertisement
We'll need him to show what he's got in the Spring. With the staff's insistence on keeping Berrios outside we need a true threat at the slot. Mullins has the skillset for it. A Mullins/Thomas battle for that starting Y spot would be epic.

Mullins has the ability. Kind of reminds me of Chris Chambers.

He needs to really apply himself to the playbook. If he does, he has a chance to emerge as an impact player next to Richards.

Advertisement
He doesn't have a choice. So let it be written, so let it be done.

He needs to really apply himself to the playbook. If he does, he has a chance to emerge as an impact player next to Richards.

Money I have to agree with another poster in inferring that our offense should be easy for any WR to pickup. It's all Go, slant and WR screens. I think he'll emerge because if nothing else he has speed and can definitely catch.

Advertisement
I think he'll have a breakout 35+ catch season & upwards of 600+yds, probably not many TD's though.

This would make him about our 3rd or 4th leading receiver going off 2016 numbers. Hope you're right.

Richards: 934
Coley:754
Njoku: 698
Herndon: 334
Walton: 240

Does he have that kind of speed?

Mullins is plenty fast. He might not time as fast or jump as high as Chambers but his play speed is in that range.

A few years ago, they ranked the Top 10 youth players in South Florida. Walton, Ridley, Callaway, Bruce and Cedrick Wright were on the list. Mullins was #1 . He is a true talent. My only concern with him is maturity.

Advertisement
Mullins can be very good. He has all the athleticism you could ask for and has great hands. Just needs to focus on putting in that work.

I have high expectations for him and I think he'll be a significant contributor this year.

Advertisement
His 40 time in HS was faster than Richards (who looked pretty fast out there this year).

Mullins had a 4.48 and Richards a 4.51, almost the same really....

Not sure what their times have been at Miami, though.

Does he have that kind of speed?

If he doesn't Langham will start. How ******* scary would that be.
Langham will not start one game this upcoming season... Not one.

Langham wont play in any game other than those FIU type games....and maybe not even those. If we absolutely needed the scholly this yr, hed be gone.

I think Mullins beats out Cager at some point. I think we're getting Smith, So it will be interesting to see what happens. Mullins can definitely play in the slot. Its going to be much harder for Smith to make an impact that it was for Richards.

Advertisement
Back