Will Dionte Mullins be ready to step up?

If he doesn't Langham will start. How ******* scary would that be.
Langham will not start one game this upcoming season... Not one.

Let's hope not but as of right now he is one injury away from being a starter and so far this wr recruiting class is a total bust

No, hes not. He's an outside WR.
1. Richards
2. Cager
3. Mullins
4. Berrios
5. Dayall Harris

And this list doesn't even include our WR recruits. If we had injuries Njoku would start over Langham.

Advertisement
We need Mullins or Cager (preferably both) to step up in a big way. If they don't, Richards might be the first WR in history who consistently sees quadruple coverage.

I don't think we need to worry about this.

I fully expect Mullins to be a solid WR for us next year and at least one of the true freshman - Thomas if he comes will definitely see the field - for sure as a returner and very likely in the WR rotation, too.

Thomas is a difference maker. We need him in the class and it sounds good at the moment....

We need Mullins or Cager (preferably both) to step up in a big way. If they don't, Richards might be the first WR in history who consistently sees quadruple coverage.

I fully expect Mullins to be a solid WR for us next year and at least one of the true freshman - Thomas if he comes will definitely see the field - for sure as a returner and very likely in the WR rotation, too.

Thomas is a difference maker. We need him in the class and it sounds good at the moment....

That's the hope...but my point is simple. If neither of those guys lives up to the billing we are in BIG trouble. The secret's out on AR and you can bet everything you own every opponent we play next year is going to shade coverage in his direction.

We're dangerously thin at WR, especially from an experience standpoint.

Advertisement

That's the hope...but my point is simple. If neither of those guys lives up to the billing we are in BIG trouble. The secret's out on AR and you can bet everything you own every opponent we play next year is going to shade coverage in his direction.

There wont be a lot of throwing next year.

Great point. If only it were possible for freshmen to be impact WRs...

Great point. If only it were possible for freshmen to be impact WRs...

Good job, that's the point. We better hope one of them do.

i'm sure this will never happen given what d money says about him having to grasp the offensive playbook, but i would love to see him get some time playing both ways. he would be the perfect DB in manny diaz's system -- good size, athletic, and loves to hit.

the DB highlights that start about 4:20 into this video are of a 4 star safety imo

Junior Season - Dionte Mullins highlights - Hudl

Advertisement
players dont just fluke and make a one handed catch in an all star high school game... That was all i needed to see. You have to be extremely confident om your level of talent to attempt that. Straight beast i expect great things from him on the fb field before its all said and done.

I don't understand how he couldn't beat out Malcolm/Berrios/Harris. as a pure catcher, I'm thinking Mullins is better than they were.

if you were a stud route runner but could not block, could you get on the field at WR?

players dont just fluke and make a one handed catch in an all star high school game... That was all i needed to see. You have to be extremely confident om your level of talent to attempt that. Straight beast i expect great things from him on the fb field before its all said and done.

And the Victor Cruz-esque salsa dance must be retained too.
I want to see him do that every time he scores.

Advertisement
Like I've said before, I know Mullins well, I don't think he has the maturity and focus to be an impact player yet. Need to wise up and start working harder. Until Rick sees that, I don't think we'll be seeing him on primetime much

I don't understand how he couldn't beat out Malcolm/Berrios/Harris. as a pure catcher, I'm thinking Mullins is better than they were.

if you were a stud route runner but could not block, could you get on the field at WR?

He was one of the last players to enroll and never really caught on to the playbook.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back