Will/Can Radakovich force Mario to make changes at the end of the year?

didnt we clamor for this though. have a GM of football and they run the show?
Yep... I admit it's what I wanted. I trusted Mario/Zo to run football and didn't want the AD meddling.

Mario is the most qualified coach we've ever hired and he's been given more resources than anybody has ever been given..that along with Zo and his Columbus crew's resources, I thought and still believe that if Mario can't right this ship, then our glory days are truly over.

Mario has been at Miami obviously so he knows what it takes to win here historically. He has also been at Bama and Oregon, 2 of the most resourced programs, and seen what it takes to win in today's game.

And he's a known great recruiter and has a track record of selecting good coaches.

If he can't win here, then nobody can. It'll take longer than I thought because his GameDay coaching and schematic weaknesses are worse than I anticipated (I anticipated them being below average but thought with the staff he hired, we'd see an improvement in both).

But his strengths haven't changed. We'll see what happens but there's no point in complaining about Mario. He's here for 4+ years AT least. I think he'll be the coach that sees us return to glory or the one who's here when the final nail in the coffin of Miami football is driven in. Especially if we don't get out of the ACC.

Advertisement
Yep... I admit it's what I wanted. I trusted Mario/Zo to run football and didn't want the AD meddling.

Mario is the most qualified coach we've ever hired and he's been given more resources than anybody has ever been given..that along with Zo and his Columbus crew's resources, I thought and still believe that if Mario can't right this ship, then our glory days are truly over.

Mario has been at Miami obviously so he knows what it takes to win here historically. He has also been at Bama and Oregon, 2 of the most resourced programs, and seen what it takes to win in today's game.

And he's a known great recruiter and has a track record of selecting good coaches.

If he can't win here, then nobody can. It'll take longer than I thought because his GameDay coaching and schematic weaknesses are worse than I anticipated (I anticipated them being below average but thought with the staff he hired, we'd see an improvement in both).

But his strengths haven't changed. We'll see what happens but there's no point in complaining about Mario. He's here for 4+ years AT least. I think he'll be the coach that sees us return to glory or the one who's here when the final nail in the coffin of Miami football is driven in. Especially if we don't get out of the ACC.
richt is the most qualified coach we ever had. Mario Hasn't done what richt has yet though I feel their ceilings will be similar at the end.

the other thing I hate is Mario has been at miami so he knows. we need to stop hiring people bc they've been at miami. done. there are many more elite coaches that never stepped foot in CG than the ones that have. we need a non miami guy to come in imo. no ties to the past. no ties to the 80s.

richt is the most qualified coach we ever had. Mario Hasn't done what richt has yet though I feel their ceilings will be similar at the end.

the other thing I hate is Mario has been at miami so he knows. we need to stop hiring people bc they've been at miami. done. there are many more elite coaches that never stepped foot in CG than the ones that have. we need a non miami guy to come in imo. no ties to the past. no ties to the 80s.
I guess that argument for Richt could be made because of how long he was a head coach at a premier program.. But UGA of Richt is not the same UGA of now. And Richt lacked in some areas that Mario is strong at.

My comment about Mario's qualification was more recognizing that he should be in his prime, had a great diversification of experience that is relevant to us today, is an elite connected recruiter in s. Fla and nationally, and is more connected to Miami's entire glory years.

I guess that argument for Richt could be made because of how long he was a head coach at a premier program.. But UGA of Richt is not the same UGA of now. And Richt lacked in some areas that Mario is strong at.

My comment about Mario's qualification was more recognizing that he should be in his prime, had a great diversification of experience that is relevant to us today, is an elite connected recruiter in s. Fla and nationally, and is more connected to Miami's entire glory years.
richt when he left UGA coached them for what 15 years? Mario is on year 10 I believe as an HC. theyre not too far off each other at that point

It’ll be non-controversial to get rid of Gattis. I suspect the guys Mario brought from Oregon will be back

Advertisement
richt when he left UGA coached them for what 15 years? Mario is on year 10 I believe as an HC. theyre not too far off each other at that point
Yes..and he was the assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator for what most agree is GOAT head coach and program for 4 years.

Yes..and he was the assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator for what most agree is GOAT head coach and program for 4 years.
I agree Mario can recruit. the AHC thing is lol. its a title nothing moe nothing less. its how guys get raises. our DL coach was the AHC here lol. it doesn't mean ****. Mario didnt sit and do play book installs. he coached the OL nd recruited his *** off. hes very good at both. I wont disagree there. I know he can recruit so this doesn't apply to him as much, but its far easier to recruit at uGA and Bama than here. addae is example 1 of that

I'm basically here.
Yeah I hate that its come to this. The OC should've hired own staff. And I hate to keep bashing these guys, especially Ponce. I don't think he is necessarily a bad guy/coach. But come on. The OC should be coaching his QB directly. Unfair or not, if Ponce stays and the next OC is forced to coach WR, it makes Ponce look like he was a homeboy hire. If Ponce ends up OC... oh boy.. it won't exactly be well received.

I still say keep an eye on Satterfield if he gets fired. Ponce coached WRs, while Satterfield was Mario's OC/QB coach at FIU. Mario needs a fresh start, not a reboot.

Mario wants to prove that nobody is safe. The players have been told as much, so he needs to prove it with his staff too. Specifically the QB coach he's known for decades.

Yeah I hate that its come to this. The OC should've hired own staff. And I hate to keep bashing these guys, especially Ponce. I don't think he is necessarily a bad guy/coach. But come on. The OC should be coaching his QB directly. Unfair or not, if Ponce stays and the next OC is forced to coach WR, it makes Ponce look like he was a homeboy hire. If Ponce ends up OC... oh boy.. it won't exactly be well received.

I still say keep an eye on Satterfield if he gets fired. Ponce coached WRs, while Satterfield was Mario's OC/QB coach at FIU. Mario needs a fresh start, not a reboot.

Mario wants to prove that nobody is safe. The players have been told as much, so he needs to prove it with his staff too. Specifically the QB coach he's known for decades.
Ponce is a bum. @No_Fly_Zone

Advertisement
if you require your AD to force your HC to make staff changes, you may as well fire the entire staff and start over.
We'll see what Mario does. I'm hopeful that he will make the appropriate changes but if he doesn't we're stuck with him monetarily. If that is the case we'll need Rad and the admin to apply pressure.

Advertisement
We'll see what Mario does. I'm hopeful that he will make the appropriate changes but if he doesn't we're stuck with him monetarily. If that is the case we'll need Rad and the admin to apply pressure.
that contract is likely longer than Rads deal lol. rad has zero power

that contract is likely longer than Rads deal lol. rad has zero power
If he or the admin can’t or are unwilling to push Mario to make the necessary changes (if he’s not willing) then the next 5-10 years are going to dreadful

Advertisement
Someone take this poster out back like Old Yeller.

Mario ain’t the only problem. 38-13 at Oregon in a better conference but not good enough for mighty Miami. Now are his coordinator hires bad? Yeah they are. He f’d up and that’s a big strike. But with our salary, as long as he CHANGES HIS OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY and goes with a more exciting and explosive offense, we should be better.

Oh and 75% of our players wouldn’t start at most Power 5 programs. You can bet on that, and thank Manuelita.

Sorry s. Fla slurpers, we’ve constantly recruited second and third tier guys that are all talk but possess a ****** when it’s time to strap up and play football.

Auditioning for White House Press Secretary?

Your spin for Mario is almost on a Presidential level at this point…

If he or the admin can’t or are unwilling to push Mario to make the necessary changes (if he’s not willing) then the next 5-10 years are going to dreadful
but this is what we wanted. we wanted an AD to be in name only but dont touch football. just fund it.

Richt is the most qualified coach ever hired and he actually won here. Unfortunately he was stricken with a debilitating disease, wife had cancer and didn’t have close to the resources Mario had, as he paid a significant part of the cost for the indoor facility.

Richt’s record is 171-64, 10-7 in bowls, 2 SEC Titles, 5 SEC Division Title, 2 X SEC coach of the year, One ACC Division Title, 1time ACC Coach of the year.

Last edited:
Auditioning for White House Press Secretary?

Your spin for Mario is almost on a Presidential level at this point…
Lol you’re pathetic. What are you going to do, fire him after 7 games? He has an 8 year contract.

I’m merely highlighting the truths. Players suck, coaching is worse. But make no mistake, the players suck. It ain’t one or the other like that Poster and many others keep crying about.

Advertisement
Back