Will/Can Radakovich force Mario to make changes at the end of the year?

Canesrule230

Recruit
Premium
If we continue to struggle offensively does Rad have the authority to force Mario to make changes or is this something that will have to wait 2-3 years before he can force the issue?

Advertisement
Yes.
All of these guys are making WAY too much money for the product on the field. So heads will roll because if not, there are people higher up than Mario in trouble.
Don’t forget that it was the Columbus crew at UM that made the pitch for Mario, and brought in the big money. They aren’t losing their jobs over this, but right now it is those 2 guys (names escape me), who are likely catching the most **** for convincing the entire university to get behind Mario.

Yes.
All of these guys are making WAY too much money for the product on the field. So heads will roll because if not, there are people higher up than Mario in trouble.
Don’t forget that it was the Columbus crew at UM that made the pitch for Mario, and brought in the big money. They aren’t losing their jobs over this, but right now it is those 2 guys (names escape me), who are likely catching the most **** for convincing the entire university to get behind Mario.

The only people who both matter and care about the program are all in on Mario.

There will be no heads rolling. There will be no pressure.

Advertisement
Yes.
Fernandez and Echevarria?

Advertisement
The problem is certainly Gattis but the bigger problem is Mario. The man is the worst day game coach I have seen in 60 years watching football. He consistently makes poor decisions and it kills the chance of winning a game. MARIO IS THE PROBLEM 1000% and now you know why Oregon didn't pursue him.

The problem is certainly Gattis but the bigger problem is Mario. The man is the worst day game coach I have seen in 60 years watching football. He consistently makes poor decisions and it kills the chance of winning a game. MARIO IS THE PROBLEM 1000% and now you know why Oregon didn't pursue him.
I said this in another thread but since we're stuck with Mario I think his best course of action is to learn from Dabo. Hire elite coordinators and let them run the show. The only thing Mario should be involved in is recruiting.

Better hope so.

Then we have another off season of hype/hope. It never ends, lol.

On a serious note, and not to derail the thread and turn it into a mope fest but what’s likelihood of us getting the hires right this time around? Chances are low that we get an OC in here that will have full control and run a style different than what Coach Cristobal ultimately wants (which is the real problem IMO). We just had our most hyped hire ever, with the known investment and infrastructure changes and we hired 2 B grade coordinator hires at best (at the time of the hire). Yes, we need a change at OC…but realistically, how much better can we get there? I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but it’s something to think about.

Coach Cristobal’s staff usually has very high turnover, so I’m confident in saying there will be a change…I just can’t help but be afraid of what that change would be based on what I’ve seen thus far.

Look at the candidates that were rumored to be under serious consideration for OC…

Tommy Rees - yuck
Jason Candle - would have been great, IMO
Utah’s OC whose name escapes me - Nothing fancy about what Utah does, their identity is instilled through their HC so don’t know if that would have been great HERE.
Briles - Home run obviously, but doubt that was ever even close to happening.

Idk man …

Advertisement
Better hope so.

On a serious note, and not to derail the thread and turn it into a mope fest but what’s likelihood of us getting the hires right this time around? Chances are low that we get an OC in here that will have full control and run a style different than what Coach Cristobal ultimately wants (which is the real problem IMO). We just had our most hyped hire ever, with the known investment and infrastructure changes and we hired 2 B grade coordinator hires at best (at the time of the hire). Yes, we need a change at OC…but realistically, how much better can we get there? I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but it’s something to think about.

Coach Cristobal’s staff usually has very high turnover, so I’m confident in saying there will be a change…I just can’t help but be afraid of what that change would be based on what I’ve seen thus far.
I think you're spot on. In my opinion Mario needs to have minimal to no say on the scheme/game planning. If I'm Rad I have an honest conversation with Mario about the type of coordinator hires that are needed in order for Miami to maximize its personnel potential.

I think you're spot on. In my opinion Mario needs to have minimal to no say on the scheme/game planning. If I'm Rad I have an honest conversation with Mario about the type of coordinator hires that are needed in order for Miami to maximize its personnel potential.

It’s his only hope. He has to let go. We’ve seen this happen a million times with HC’s. It has killed many of them but it has also changed the trajectory of many in a positive way. I guess we’ll see…

Advertisement
If we continue to struggle offensively does Rad have the authority to force Mario to make changes or is this something that will have to wait 2-3 years before he can force the issue?
Who said Rad will need to force anything. You listen to the goat @DMoney podcasts you would know there will probably be changes and a lot of these guys never coached with Mario before and it’s a transition period for all

Better hope so.

Look at the candidates that were rumored to be under serious consideration for OC…

Tommy Rees - yuck
Jason Candle - would have been great, IMO
Utah’s OC whose name escapes me - Nothing fancy about what Utah does, their identity is instilled through their HC so don’t know if that would have been great HERE.
Briles - Home run obviously, but doubt that was ever even close to happening.

Idk man …
realistically, which innovative OC will want to work with Mario? thats the biggest question. wasn't gattis like plan D?

Advertisement
Back