Will AQM and Grace end up in the NFL?

You know how many defensive players will shine this year while they're collecting dust and being forgotten about? I don't know if they'll even be allowed to participate in the Pro-Day. AQM was at least looked at last year so he has a shot. I think day 3 is their best hope.

Advertisement
AQM 2nd round steal. Hel kill it at the combine. Hope fins jump all over him.

Kids has suffered enough with Golden and Miami's administration, don't wish our Fins on him too.

Cant argue with you on that one smh. At least we got Vernon a fat paycheck.

I was in the OB for The Flop and Fins' opening kickoff. Having watched the demise of the greatness of both is so painful. I admit to having given up on the Fins. I just can't give up on the Canes. Mark was there with Howard at the start and I ma hoping he can relight the flame and enjoy the blazing fire this time.

Ray Ray is starting for San Francisco and he had to switch positions. They will be fine if they stay healthy and do the right things.

Lol at AQM going in the 2nd round. No one is wasting a high pick on a guy who missed his entire senior year and didn't do much in his time here when he did play.

Best case scenario for either of these guys is Day 3.

Grace will probably get picked. Muhammad I'm not as sure about. He may go undrafted.

Both can play, though, and if they land in the right spot they'll have decent careers.

Yeah think about Muhammad has now missed more seasons than he has played

Advertisement
AQM a late rounder at best because of past problems at the "U" Grace will shoot up boards because he can run at 4.4 or better...

If Grace spends this 'off season' focused on training - adding some muscle while retaining his speed he could end up a mid-to-late round pick. He has the athletic ability to contribute on special teams and as a role player fairly quick.

AQM could be another Vernon and eventually end up a solid player. His earlier one-year suspension and this dismissal will work against him. He has shown he cannot make the right choices off the field. An NFL team will take a chance but with minimal risk as a mid-late round pick.

Would UM let them use the training facilities? I would think they would if they are honoring their financial aid.

Call me a dyck (and risk being fitted for dentures), but I don't give a fck about AQM anymore. That dude was a colossal bust. He really fcked UM. I don't think I've ever been as let down by a UM player.

When we got him from NJ I was sure he'd destroy it here. He was an absolute freak show in HS with skills off the charts. We got absolutely nothing out of him but headaches and drama. Fck him.

I wish Grace nothing but the best. He fcked up but he at least gave us something and wasn't a constant drama case. He will play in the NFL, but his size will scare some teams. What Arizona has done with Buchanan will help Grace.

I agree with this. Both still have a chance of making it, but that chance is definitely less now. Especially for AQM who really doesn't have a ton of tape for the scouts to look at.

Advertisement
I think they both make it to the NFL, though I am not sold on Grace being there more than a few years. I think Grace is at his ceiling, this isn't a Sam Shields situation. I wish them the best of luck.

Call me a dyck (and risk being fitted for dentures), but I don't give a fck about AQM anymore. That dude was a colossal bust. He really fcked UM. I don't think I've ever been as let down by a UM player.

When we got him from NJ I was sure he'd destroy it here. He was an absolute freak show in HS with skills off the charts. We got absolutely nothing out of him but headaches and drama. Fck him.

I wish Grace nothing but the best. He fcked up but he at least gave us something and wasn't a constant drama case. He will play in the NFL, but his size will scare some teams. What Arizona has done with Buchanan will help Grace.
Grace was a very good student & model citizen during his time here, I wish him the best as well.

Me too-extremely let down by AQM. Question: who were let down more by: O. Vernon or AQM?

Advertisement
Yes - but this crushes their draft position. I've always thought because of his size/speed combo, some NFL might give Grace a look at Safety.

There's currently no bigger intrigue from NFL D-coordinators than LBs who can play in space on passing downs. Grace cost himself a tremendous opportunity to show out in a perfect scheme fit for his attributes. He was going to spend this year playing ring leader in 5 and 6 DB packages, picking up double digit TFLs and some sacks.

Unfortunately, we never to got to see him (or anyone who played defense here in the last 5 years) at his best. He'll get legitimate shot and I still think he's a potential starter at the next level.

His numbers will look somewhat similar to Deion Jones, a ~220-pound LB who supposedly ran 4.38 in his pro day. Jones was a backup for 3 years at LSU before flashing his senior season. He was a 2nd round pick in the 2016 NFL draft. That scenario is about (3rd rounder) what I expected of Grace before this all happened. Someone will now grab Grace much later (or, who knows, as UDFA) at a tremendous value.

There's currently no bigger intrigue from NFL D-coordinators than LBs who can play in space on passing downs. Grace cost himself a tremendous opportunity to show out in a perfect scheme fit for his attributes. He was going to spend this year playing ring leader in 5 and 6 DB packages, picking up double digit TFLs and some sacks.

Unfortunately, we never to got to see him (or anyone who played defense here in the last 5 years) at his best. He'll get legitimate shot and I still think he's a potential starter at the next level.

His numbers will look somewhat similar to Deion Jones, a ~220-pound LB who supposedly ran 4.38 in his pro day. Jones was a backup for 3 years at LSU before flashing his senior season. He was a 2nd round pick in the 2016 NFL draft. That scenario is about (3rd rounder) what I expected of Grace before this all happened. Someone will now grab Grace much later (or, who knows, as UDFA) at a tremendous value.

I never saw Grace as a super athletic player (eg: Ray Ray Armstrong, Sam Shields). To me he was always the Tracey Howard of linebackers. Do you think Grace has more room before he hits his ceiling?

Advertisement

I never saw Grace as a super athletic player (eg: Ray Ray Armstrong, Sam Shields). To me he was always the Tracey Howard of linebackers. Do you think Grace has more room before he hits his ceiling?

He's one of the more athletic LBs to come through here in some time. He's 6' 1" and probably around 215ish, perhaps sneaking up to 220, but runs, moves and changes direction like an in-the-box Safety. He plays with better feet than Ray Ray ever showed here. Of course, Ray Ray was totally out of position trying to play Safety in a Cover 2 scheme most of the time. Grace had more TFLs as a Soph and Junior than Denzyl Perryman had during those two years of his college career - both players in a system allergic to TFLs. Last year, Grace was 3rd on the team in pass breakups...as a LB.

I think we were going to watch an explosion in Diaz's downhill scheme. Oh well.

Me too-extremely let down by AQM. Question: who were let down more by: O. Vernon or AQM?

AQM he has now been suspended for 2 whole seasons

Vernon balled his 1st two years he was just playing on a good dline. He was suspended his junior year in a bad defense. He was never a let down.

Advertisement
Back