Wide Receiver is our 2nd weakest position by far! (and nobody is talking about it)

Advertisement
La Tech had Linebackers playing man straight up against our wr.. Lol.. Pray it was all scheme

Nah our WR just aren’t that good as I’ve stated before but as soon as you say it the board starts crying. It’s facts. We have zero elite WR on this roster as of now. These dudes last year couldn’t create separation from anyone. Blame the scheme all you want, but at some point you just have to be better than then man in front of you and we weren’t 90% of the time

I think someone's confusing Enos - who sucked more than a Black Hole - with our receivers.

We'll be fine.

If Restrepo is 5'7" and vulnerable - Berrios was 5'7" and vulnerable.
Berrios measured 5'8 5/8ths at the NFL combine. Restrepo looks even shorter than him. I am not saying this is gonna determine if he's good or bad long-term and I actually like him, but it's just another knock against him for early PT as a true freshman.

Agree with Harley, he simply can't be relied on as a number one receiver on a contender. Wiggins had some growing pains last year and needs work on his strength and route running but has elite speed and the combo of Lashlee/Likens should do wonders for his game. 2020 is put up or shut up time for Pope. Super excited about Payton, Redding, and Restrepo. Thankfully we're deep at TE and I believe Lashlee will utilize our rb's in the pass game too to take pressure off our receivers.

Advertisement
I disagree on Wiggins....I think when your offense is that bad/inconsistent at qb and oline it’s tough for anyone to look good...I think Wiggins runs pretty good routes and with the help of likens he will only improve there...he has shown the most flash/potential that any other receiver

OP might be a troll and I know he’ll get blasted because you’re not allowed to say that Miami doesn’t have 85 Heisman winners, but imo he’s really not wrong.

The silver lining here is if you include the group to be “pass catchers”, to get Brevin and Mallory in there, it looks a whole lot better. And I’m not saying that the kids we have now can’t or won’t produce, especially in this system with a legit QB. But on paper, in preseason, he’s probably right.

IMO if I had to rank the position groupings as they stand now, starting with worst (and again, it doesn’t mean these kids suck or can’t perform, but even the 2001 roster had to technically have a “worst” position grouping):

1. CB
2a. WR
2b. LB
3. OL

Even the OL has at least 3 kids (60% of the line) that I am very confident I can rely on to be decent. Is there anyone in the WR group that you KNOW is gonna be a solid to good starter? Not really.

Second weakest group... nah, OP. There is a lot of unproven, underutilized talent in that group. WRs suffer the most on Offense when all cylinders aren't firing -- &hit OL, &hit QB, &hit schemes. The passing game is so much about timing, synchronization and precision, and when you have the &hit show on O we had last year, you can't even begin to have high hopes for our WRs.

We've got to quit the 'lack of talent' excuse. It's the single biggest cop out for coaches who don't know what the f*ck they are doing. Dabo would do more with a team of 3 stars than Coker/Randy/Golden (really don't want to have to add Manny to this list) with a team of 5 stars. We've got more than enough talent to win 10 games against that schedule this season, and 'lack of good WRs' should not be an excuse for Lashlee if we can't put points on the board.

In the right scheme (which I'm confident Lashlee will implement), we've got the WR talent to do work. Let's bump this thread in another 6 years when you post again.

Advertisement
Hands down one of the worst post i've seen on here. OP has no idea what he's talking about. Harley, Pope, WIggins, and Payton have no problem getting separation. All 4 have elite traits. All 4 have the potential being starters in the league. If the Oline can be average you'll see this season. You could have put Jerry Juedy and Henry Ruggs in our offense and they would have done nothing.

I disagree the air raid, spread, uptempo alone will up there stats! Anyone with a brain who watched our offence last year cant tell me those kids were put in position to succeed.

My senior year in HS our HC left and they brought in a guy running power option lol before we won 30 games the previous 3 years we ran a spread that was built around a sweeper an 2 rbs we had 3 1000 yard rushers an a 1000 yard receiver **** year every year just off the offence. Senior year only 1 1000 year rusher the FB an he earned that lmao the other 2 didnt break 300 yards. Scheme is everything living proof!
Last year was a **** show. I believe the talent is there just who gonna shine. Pope? Wiggins? Peyton? Harley? Brevin? Mallory? Hmmm I guess I get what you're saying too all those question Mark's speak for there self but I believe this offence we'll get the answers!

Advertisement
Hands down one of the worst post i've seen on here. OP has no idea what he's talking about. Harley, Pope, WIggins, and Payton have no problem getting separation. All 4 have elite traits. All 4 have the potential being starters in the league. If the Oline can be average you'll see this season. You could have put Jerry Juedy and Henry Ruggs in our offense and they would have done nothing.
Here's a question, and by no means am I comparing Miami's WR's to LSU's, more so scheme. I remember the 2019 LSU offense looked drastically different from the year prior due to a scheme shift. I'm guessing it put their QB and WR's in the best situation as possible. Am I crazy to think the scheme shift with Lashlee and the new offense can have the same effect to our WR's?

OP might be a troll and I know he’ll get blasted because you’re not allowed to say that Miami doesn’t have 85 Heisman winners, but imo he’s really not wrong.

The silver lining here is if you include the group to be “pass catchers”, to get Brevin and Mallory in there, it looks a whole lot better. And I’m not saying that the kids we have now can’t or won’t produce, especially in this system with a legit QB. But on paper, in preseason, he’s probably right.

IMO if I had to rank the position groupings as they stand now, starting with worst (and again, it doesn’t mean these kids suck or can’t perform, but even the 2001 roster had to technically have a “worst” position grouping):

1. CB
2a. WR
2b. LB
3. OL

Even the OL has at least 3 kids (60% of the line) that I am very confident I can rely on to be decent. Is there anyone in the WR group that you KNOW is gonna be a solid to good starter? Not really.
Talent at WR, CB and LB aint the problem. Depth is the issue. Our top 4 receivers are solid starts. You would have probably walked into LSU locker room and said the same thing you're saying now.

Advertisement
Here's a question, and by no means am I comparing Miami's WR's to LSU's, more so scheme. I remember the 2019 LSU offense looked drastically different from the year prior due to a scheme shift. I'm guessing it put their QB and WR's in the best situation as possible. Am I crazy to think the scheme shift with Lashlee and the new offense can have the same effect to our WR's?
In my opinion it pretty much depends on how well our running game is. If Cam and King are gashing teams, they'll be forced to load the box. That would open up the offense to screens and RPO's. Imagine our opponents having to cover WIggins, Payton Hartly running a go one on one. Imagine Pope and Hartly catching a screen and having to make one person miss. Also, keep in mind Clyde Edwards-Helaire at LSU Ran for 1,400 yards and had 16 touchdowns.

I think the offensive scheme is the reason I’m not scared about the OL or WR position u can call me dumb but the ball will be coming out so fast that the WRs will finally be able to make plays and the line will only have to block for max 2 seconds on most plays.

As said in another thread, every poster here would take Tutu Atwell right now and plug him into our starting lineup. Except had he played here for the last 2 years, he'd have looked nothing like the "proven" player most consider him right now.
This !!!!

Advertisement
Back