Why would/should we NOT win on Saturday???

FSU has better talent and are significantly deeper, they know how to win and have proven to win any type of game or situation they have been put in. Their coaches put their players in position to be successful and it shows. They have owned us since 2009 and are coming in for the kill. They are playing for a national title and we are playing for 2nd in the Coastal.......should I keep going?
No, they don't. We've just been under-utilizing ours. This is not last years FSU. Our coaching philosophy has changed dramatically and we have the edge coaching wise. The whole "going for the kill" is pure speculation and is not a REASON why we would not win.

It's hard to not point out the obvious, but since you said we can't just say that Golden suks, exactly WHO's fault is THAT?

Advertisement
This staff is not know for pre-game preparation beyond the first several drives and isn't well known for making half-time adjustments to compete in the second half (against a team we are trading with or losing to).

I'm not saying we are going to win. Just tired of 90% of the threads regarding us winning this game center around "we're due" (thanks whopper), "they're due to lose", "I really think we're going to", etc. For the most part, this board has become a board of wishful thinking. I was wanting those same people who are predicting a win to give a substantive reason why they think so.

And I truly believe there is no reason why we should not win. I got thinking about the game, threw out the slurper vs mopes bias, and came to that conclusion. There is absolutely no reason why we should not win. FSU is not playing well at all, their defense is not good, Rapist is a ****** who is playing terrible, the one guy that actually could have carried them in this game is out, their wide receivers are good but not like last year and we've handled tight ends pretty well this year. I'm not drinking any koolaid, I just took an honest look at our team vs theirs and came to that conclusion.

I'm not saying we are going to win. Just tired of 90% of the threads regarding us winning this game center around "we're due" (thanks whopper), "they're due to lose", "I really think we're going to", etc. For the most part, this board has become a board of wishful thinking. I was wanting those same people who are predicting a win to give a substantive reason why they think so.

And I truly believe there is no reason why we should not win. I got thinking about the game, threw out the slurper vs mopes bias, and came to that conclusion. There is a huge reason why we should not win, and thats coaching matchups. FSU is not playing well at all, their defense is not good, Rapist is a ****** who is playing terrible, the one guy that actually could have carried them in this game is out, their wide receivers are good but not like last year and we've handled tight ends pretty well this year. I'm not drinking any koolaid, I just took an honest look at our team vs theirs and came to that conclusion.

fixed

And I truly believe there is no reason why we should not win. I got thinking about the game, threw out the slurper vs mopes bias, and came to that conclusion. There is a huge reason why we should not win, and thats coaching matchups. FSU is not playing well at all, their defense is not good, Rapist is a ****** who is playing terrible, the one guy that actually could have carried them in this game is out, their wide receivers are good but not like last year and we've handled tight ends pretty well this year. I'm not drinking any koolaid, I just took an honest look at our team vs theirs and came to that conclusion.

fixed

Nope. We lost because of players. We need to stay consistent.

Advertisement
After all the clouds, negativity, tough breaks and tough losses, we're just due for a big win, regardless of x's and o's or jimmie's and joe's.

It's a lot to ask to actually win the game. Those weaknesses that everybody ranted about a month ago are still there, the ones that prompted the weekly predictions of 500+ yards for the opponent.

I have no idea how we are underdog by the same amount against Florida State as we were against Georgia Tech. That's the reality, and it's scary as a gambler who has studied trends like this for 30 years. Granted, the venue is different from road to home but it still 1.5 point underdog status. To back the Canes it seems like you deserve more room than that. I already played Florida State money line at -118.

The danger here is that Florida State asserts the pecking order reality and muscles us. Not much different than Florida did against Georgia, when they were in a troubled spot as 11 point underdog. Florida State isn't a threat to run for 400+ yards but I could easily see a more physical approach than they've displayed all season long, gaining more yards on the ground than anticipated along with stopping our running game when we can't afford it. Make no mistake, they have athletes who will penetrate and blow up plays. Then it's Winston vs. Kaaya.

We had a bye week but Florida State also benefits from the recent scheduling. They played on Thursday night then had 9 days prior to a home game as huge favorite hosting Virginia. I guarantee they used the extra time partially preparing for the Canes.

I have to say that Kaaya was more effective against Virginia Tech and North Carolina than my impression while attending those games. I watched the tapes the past few days. He had happy feet early against Virginia Tech and missed some reads amidst tunnel vision. It was very obvious from the stands. We haven't gotten the ball to the wide receivers very often the past two games. That troubled me. We aren't going to defeat the Seminoles minus production from the outside guys. It will be 3rd and long several times. But after watching the tapes Kaaya made some excellent throws to Walford that were better than my impression while attending the games, and a few passes to Dorsett barely missed, including a deep ball that rightfully was pass interference.

Not surprised at all.

Signed- B. Arnold

Advertisement
We should win because we're hitting stride offensively and they're overrated with a very average D.

We should lose because they have a Heisman winning rapist, and our D is coached historically passive in big games.

He sucks. And Our D has changed. NO reason not to win. NEXT.

There's no way you believe either of those things, right?

Reason to win is maybe Duke has a big game. And Kaaya plays well. Also get some interceptions off of Winston. I think going to need a lot of points. At least in the 30's.

Reason to lose, is FSU has more talent and better coaching. Let's be honest here. after spotting Louisville a 21 point lead with heir players healthy, they curb stomped them. We got pummeled by Ville, who was without Parker and a healthy Dyer.

Opinion, FSU 38, Miami 27.

Online is depleted, and young. If we can't run the ball and set up the pass, it will be a long day for the D. If we can't equal TOP, then the D will get exhausted and not get off the field. The problem perpetuates in that situation, and repeats. Need to establish the run and have long drives. Even if we keep it close in that scenario they will find a way to win. That's what they do. Turnovers are still nice, but you need to put points up and drive the field, at least to allow time for D to recover.

If we end up with more points at the end of the game then I feel like that's a reason for us to win. If we end up with less points then I think that's a reason for us to lose.

If we can't run against any front they put out there it will be a problem. 8 in the box shouldn't automatically mean pass. VT tried it and we ran against them still. They can pressure Kaaya from those fronts if Coley gets too pass happy. Don't run the ball effectively they will win. That's our advantage and it needs to count. Make them tired and frustrated.

Advertisement
It's a lot to ask to actually win the game. Those weaknesses that everybody ranted about a month ago are still there, the ones that prompted the weekly predictions of 500+ yards for the opponent.

I have no idea how we are underdog by the same amount against Florida State as we were against Georgia Tech. That's the reality, and it's scary as a gambler who has studied trends like this for 30 years. Granted, the venue is different from road to home but it still 1.5 point underdog status. To back the Canes it seems like you deserve more room than that. I already played Florida State money line at -118.

\

Traitor. Everytime you open your cawlkholster around here you should get negged.

psussy could have bet on any number of games this weekend but he chose to give his money on FSU. (UMass was a lock)

******* **** Btich ***.

We should win

We match up well with them athlete wise IMO
They have alot of injuries on there defense. I believe only 2 scholarship LBs on the roster
They are starting alot of young frosh talent, whereas we have our most experience and arguably talented roster weve had under this staff

To me it comes down to how our coaches come out playing defense, if we let them play man to man and bring pressure like the past few games, we got a shot, but if we let them dink and dunk and let Jameis sit back with no passrush, there timing routes will kill us, eventuallly gassing the defense like weve all seen before.
CROWN THIS MAN

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back