Why would/should we NOT win on Saturday???

Advertisement
We should win

We match up well with them athlete wise IMO
They have alot of injuries on there defense. I believe only 2 scholarship LBs on the roster
They are starting alot of young frosh talent, whereas we have our most experience and arguably talented roster weve had under this staff

To me it comes down to how our coaches come out playing defense, if we let them play man to man and bring pressure like the past few games, we got a shot, but if we let them dink and dunk and let Jameis sit back with no passrush, there timing routes will kill us, eventuallly gassing the defense like weve all seen before.

We should win because we're hitting stride offensively and they're overrated with a very average D.

We should lose because they have a Heisman winning rapist, and our D is coached historically passive in big games.

He sucks. And Our D has changed. NO reason not to win. NEXT.

There's no way you believe either of those things, right?

Rapist is playing the ****tiest he's played his entire 1 3/4 year career. Go with the trend. The last three games has shown that we're much more aggressive than before and that does not bode well for Rapist.

FSU has better talent and are significantly deeper, they know how to win and have proven to win any type of game or situation they have been put in. Their coaches put their players in position to be successful and it shows. They have owned us since 2009 and are coming in for the kill. They are playing for a national title and we are playing for 2nd in the Coastal.......should I keep going?
No, they don't. We've just been under-utilizing ours. This is not last years FSU. Our coaching philosophy has changed dramatically and we have the edge coaching wise. The whole "going for the kill" is pure speculation and is not a REASON why we would not win.

well if we are underutilizing ours and they aren't then the edge goes to them, doesn't it? How do we know what Al will stick to the aggressive approach and not revert back to the usual? Going to pretend that you didn't say that we have a better coaching staff than FSU............

I should have said that we had been under-utilizing ours but are not now. Going off the past three games, looks like we've turned a corner and are playing much more aggressively. That's all I'm going on. I said we have the edge, coaching wise. Look at their last three games and ours, night and day.

Advertisement
FSU has better talent and are significantly deeper, they know how to win and have proven to win any type of game or situation they have been put in. Their coaches put their players in position to be successful and it shows. They have owned us since 2009 and are coming in for the kill. They are playing for a national title and we are playing for 2nd in the Coastal.......should I keep going?
No, they don't. We've just been under-utilizing ours. This is not last years FSU. Our coaching philosophy has changed dramatically and we have the edge coaching wise. The whole "going for the kill" is pure speculation and is not a REASON why we would not win.

well if we are underutilizing ours and they aren't then the edge goes to them, doesn't it? How do we know what Al will stick to the aggressive approach and not revert back to the usual? Going to pretend that you didn't say that we have a better coaching staff than FSU............

I should have said that we had been under-utilizing ours but are not now. Going off the past three games, looks like we've turned a corner and are playing much more aggressively. That's all I'm going on. I said we have the edge, coaching wise. Look at their last three games and ours, night and day.

we've played a putrid Cincy, awful VT and atrocious UNC in our last three that all have bad losses including 2 with losing records. FSU beat a ranked ND, ranked Loserville team that destroyed us and much improved UVA team. Not even comparable. Pound for pound their coaching staff is better than ours on gameday and recruiting wise. I will say this, offensively we aren't too far behind them talent wise but defensively we are miles behind them and it will show on Saturday night along with the coaching.

Advertisement
Turnovers
No pressure on Winston
They stop the run

We have a better turnover margin
We have more sacks
We have a better defense

Your position here is that we're better than FSU in every position and statistical category. I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with that.

I just won't drink that koolaid until Al proves something.

If Al can place blame on the players for losses, then shouldn't they factor into what will happen more so than coaching? The coaching in the past three games has been better on our side than theirs, there's the edge. Regardless of opponent.

It's a lot to ask to actually win the game. Those weaknesses that everybody ranted about a month ago are still there, the ones that prompted the weekly predictions of 500+ yards for the opponent.

I have no idea how we are underdog by the same amount against Florida State as we were against Georgia Tech. That's the reality, and it's scary as a gambler who has studied trends like this for 30 years. Granted, the venue is different from road to home but it still 1.5 point underdog status. To back the Canes it seems like you deserve more room than that. I already played Florida State money line at -118.

The danger here is that Florida State asserts the pecking order reality and muscles us. Not much different than Florida did against Georgia, when they were in a troubled spot as 11 point underdog. Florida State isn't a threat to run for 400+ yards but I could easily see a more physical approach than they've displayed all season long, gaining more yards on the ground than anticipated along with stopping our running game when we can't afford it. Make no mistake, they have athletes who will penetrate and blow up plays. Then it's Winston vs. Kaaya.

We had a bye week but Florida State also benefits from the recent scheduling. They played on Thursday night then had 9 days prior to a home game as huge favorite hosting Virginia. I guarantee they used the extra time partially preparing for the Canes.

I have to say that Kaaya was more effective against Virginia Tech and North Carolina than my impression while attending those games. I watched the tapes the past few days. He had happy feet early against Virginia Tech and missed some reads amidst tunnel vision. It was very obvious from the stands. We haven't gotten the ball to the wide receivers very often the past two games. That troubled me. We aren't going to defeat the Seminoles minus production from the outside guys. It will be 3rd and long several times. But after watching the tapes Kaaya made some excellent throws to Walford that were better than my impression while attending the games, and a few passes to Dorsett barely missed, including a deep ball that rightfully was pass interference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We have more than enough talent to beat FSU and beat them good with the way their playing. with that being said, this is a rivalry game and we cant count on them being asleep like they were against other teams.

This game, like most, comes down to the coaching. It has nothing to do with those trash *** stats and rankings people like to post as proof as to why we will or won't win.

I can see coley taking Charles kelly to work so as lnog as we dont turn the ball over the offense should hit on all cylinders even with the o-line problems.

Now jimbo vs al/mark is tough.

I have NO FAITH whatsoever that mark/al can beat jimbo in a chess match.

Jimbo will eat them alive if they employ the same strategies they've been employing over 3.5 years and these last three games arent enough proof for me to believe that Golden has turned the corner so jimbo will eat them up.

So this game looks to be a potential shootout or at least a 34-30 or 41-31 type of game.

This will come down to turnover margin.

Whichever team goes plus 1 will win this game.

If we lose I think it'll be fore these reasons (In order of importance):
1. Kaaya turns the ball over 2-3 times, and doesn't really create a threat to FSU. Basically FSU will key HARD on Duke, so If Kaaya can't force FSU to respect the pass, then our offense will not produce.
2. DLine doesn't get a good pass rush or gets beat in run blocking. We can't give Winston all day to throw, because he will find a receiver and make plays.
3. FSU's DL has better players than UNC or VTech does. Our OL needs to have one of their best games, especially our freshman. Hopefully Flowers is at least 90-95% healthy.
4. We don't make enough plays on Defense. We got to stop them on 3rd and create a few turnovers after half. The 2nd half is where the D needs to perform their best.

Advertisement
Back