Why would/should we NOT win on Saturday???

OzarCaneSaw

Super Fan 99
Not asking for the mopes to come in with "because Golden sucks!"
Not asking for the slurpers to come with "because we're due!"

I wanna know why we shouldn't win. I see no reason at all why we shouldn't. Whether you're a Golden supporter or not, what would be the reason why we should not win. This isn't about hope or doom. Real reasons.

I, for one, see NO reason why we would/should not win. Of all the games this season against "formidable" opponents, this is one where I see no reason not to win.

Advertisement
Can you list your reasons? Not taking a shot at you or anything but you asked for us to submit reasons and I am curious to what yours are.

TOs, not being able to stop the run, not putting enough pressure on crab legs, allowing too many big plays all reasons for losing. Win because we establish Duke early and continue to pound the rock with success, kaaya avoids turning the ball, we get big plays from the passing fame. Defense is able to put pressure on crab legs and controls their ground game.

Neither team is entilted to the win is about going out there and doing it. After the game we can talk about the reasons that helped us win or the ones that caused us to lose.

:neonu:

Last edited:
We should win because we're hitting stride offensively and they're overrated with a very average D.

We should lose because they have a Heisman winning rapist, and our D is coached historically passive in big games.

Advertisement
FSU stopping our run game.
The defense not playing aggressive and playing that bend don't break defense.
Kaaya struggles.

FSU has better talent and are significantly deeper, they know how to win and have proven to win any type of game or situation they have been put in. Their coaches put their players in position to be successful and it shows. They have owned us since 2009 and are coming in for the kill. They are playing for a national title and we are playing for 2nd in the Coastal.......should I keep going?

Turnover margin? We've got the edge.

Run defense? We're ranked higher.

Sacks? Again, we're ranked higher.

We've prevented big plays better than them.

Duke's running better than them and Cook was really their only threat. WAS.

Kaaya has been much less turnover prone than Rapist.

Big plays may be even.

Again, no reason not to win.

FSU has better talent and are significantly deeper, they know how to win and have proven to win any type of game or situation they have been put in. Their coaches put their players in position to be successful and it shows. They have owned us since 2009 and are coming in for the kill. They are playing for a national title and we are playing for 2nd in the Coastal.......should I keep going?

Pure fallacy

Advertisement
We should win because we're hitting stride offensively and they're overrated with a very average D.

We should lose because they have a Heisman winning rapist, and our D is coached historically passive in big games.

He sucks. And Our D has changed. NO reason not to win. NEXT.

No, they don't. We've just been under-utilizing ours. This is not last years FSU. Our coaching philosophy has changed dramatically and we have the edge coaching wise. The whole "going for the kill" is pure speculation and is not a REASON why we would not win.

if we lose it's probably going to be in the same fashion that we lost to nebraska and georgia tech -- the defense doesn't give up big plays but can't get off the field, especially in the red zone where they can't hold the opposing offense to field goals. as a result our offense never gets any breathing room and two turnovers end up being backbreakers.

Advertisement
Kaaya struggles.

They haven't faced a RB like Duke this year.
The defense has changed.
Rapist is more error prone than Kaaya.

if we lose it's probably going to be in the same fashion that we lost to nebraska and georgia tech -- the defense doesn't give up big plays but can't get off the field, especially in the red zone where they can't hold the opposing offense to field goals. as a result our offense never gets any breathing room and two turnovers end up being backbreakers.

Nope. Defense has changed and it's evident the past three games. No longer an issue. Look at the stats, our defense is better.

Advertisement
Kaaya struggles.

They haven't faced a RB like Duke this year.
The defense has changed.
Rapist is more error prone than Kaaya.
I didn't say these things were gonna happen.

If we lose those things will have happened.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not looking to deal with the "if"s. I'm saying is there one tangible reason, not hypothetical, as to why we should not win.

Wow! If our D play on Saturday like OP is man-handling this thread we'd hammer FSU.

Go CANES!!!!!!!!!!!

No, they don't. We've just been under-utilizing ours. This is not last years FSU. Our coaching philosophy has changed dramatically and we have the edge coaching wise. The whole "going for the kill" is pure speculation and is not a REASON why we would not win.

well if we are underutilizing ours and they aren't then the edge goes to them, doesn't it? How do we know what Al will stick to the aggressive approach and not revert back to the usual? Going to pretend that you didn't say that we have a better coaching staff than FSU............

He sucks. And Our D has changed. NO reason not to win. NEXT.

There's no way you believe either of those things, right?

Advertisement
Back